SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SVPT Ads #8 & #9 Released! - Please Comment HERE
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PC
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 5:18 am    Post subject: Very Powerful Reply with quote

Both ads are terrific. Showing all the guys really works. They are human faces that people will see. As someone said, they look like Dads and granddads, which of course they are.

Every GWB supporter owes a lot to the Swifities, as does this country.

Thank you again.

I am proud to have donated to such a great cause and it's time to get out the check book again.

I heard that these ads will buy 14 million of ad time.

It's going to take me a very long time to get over the anger I have at the disrepect the Lame Stream Media has shown towards the Swifties.
PowerPro
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 6:06 am    Post subject: Very Powerful Reply with quote

You know, I am a 31 year old who didn't have a clear understanding of what was taking place internationally before and right around the time I was born.

I am a straight-down-the-line conservative and never had any intention of voting for a far left candidate, but up until a few months ago I was willing to "give" John Kerry the fact that he served honorably 30+ years ago and was a "war hero". I didn't understand Vietnam - and concede that I don't fully understand it still.

I was put off by his "reporting for duty" line at the Dem convention because I thought that he focused too much on his "heroism" back in Vietnam and not on what he's done in my lifetime. Then the SBVFT ads came out and the debate about his record started. I was compelled by what I heard by the SwiftVets, so I did some research and listened to John O'Neill whenever he came on TV. I bought and actually read UNFIT FOR COMMAND (usually I purchase a book on an issue and then let it collect dust). I read the stories of veterans who came home from serving honorably only to be greeted as "baby killers" and "rapists". The more I read and paid attention, the angrier I got.

It is now my opinion and belief that John Kerry is an opportunist of the worst kind who didn't give a care in the world how what he said before that Senate committee affected anyone else, especially those who were in harms way, his so-called brothers.

I believe he has no core, no true center of beliefs. He only says and does what is politically expedient at the moment.

I believe he is a traitor who should be in a stockade and not a Senator from Massachusetts, much less a candidate for the presidency.

I believe that he is hiding something huge about how he was "discharged" from his service and that more than likely his records would show it was less than honorable - though we may never know since he refuses to disclose it.

In seeing those new ads, I began to cry, thinking about the suffering these men endured both physically and emotionally as a result of John Kerry.

And I began to wonder, perhaps comeupance (if not revenge) is a dish best served cold. Perhaps the justice that those and millions of other veterans rightly deserved 30 years ago will be realized on November 2nd, when those he besmirched for political gain decades ago ensure he loses the brass ring he's craved all of his life.

We can all hope.

I hope this wasn't too long but I just wanted to express how I felt.

Thank you Swiftees and POWs and all other veterans - You're service to this country was back then and continues today to be truly honorable and appreciated.

Mary Beth House
Tennessee

Thank you SBVs & POWs FT! Your service to this country is incalculable!!!
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mary Beth, thank you. You have matured quite a lot recently and I hope you spread this to others your age. America needs to learn what really happened during Vietnam and how those of us who did serve honorable were sold out by the left and the likes of John Kerry.

Welcome to the forum.
rorschach
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 6:13 am    Post subject: Ad #8 is a keeper... Reply with quote

Of the two, I think that #8 is the more powerful. It is eerily poignant. Who would dare call these men liars and opportunists.

In #9, the message is striking, but the editing is too slow on the uptake. It is difficult to follow. No problem. Eight says it all.
Hammer2
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, liars isn't a word that comes to mind when viewing these ads.

The power of these men's presence destroys the lies told about them. After seeing these ads, no one will believe anyone who calls them liars.

They are heros, they were there, they speak from the truth of their experience.
They are our Grandfathers, Dads, Uncles, and Brothers. To slander them is to call yourself a liar.
They are a true Band of Brothers!

Go ahead John, Little Johnny, Terry, Bill, James, Marty, all of you - do your worst, call them anything you want, spin this any way you want - you'll be pissing into the wind.
Battleship Bob
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To Mary Beth in Tennessee:

Wonderful post & welcome aboard. Every point you've made here has hit the nail directly on the head and hopefully will help seal the coffin of "Bring it on" Kerry!

I commend you for taking the time and making the effort to research this cause. I urge you to spread the word to any friends/family that are willing to learn as you have.

It does my heart good to know there are "younger" folks out there who recognize a just cause and then more importantly, join that cause.

P.S.
Donate if you can. Wink Wink

Bob

http://ussiowa.org/
http://holyloch.com/
Poposwife_Retiredarmywife
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I put a post up in Geedunk on how I think I can help get the ads a little more exposure....

Granted it won't be "MUCH" more exposure....but every little bit helps I think.

http://www2.swiftvets.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=12922

These last two ads, when Bud Day came on....I felt like someone punched me in the chest. My husband, an Army Retiree and Lifetime member of the VFW turned to me and actually had wet eyes.

He said to me "Just that mans presence is a huge step. No one in their right mind would ever question his honesty, bravery and patriotism. He is a man that makes us sit up and take notice."

He then said "You see that ribbon around his neck? That means self sacrifice, pain, honor and blood. His own."

My husband rarely cries, but his eyes were wet. That to me means something. If it can move my husband, bless his heart, in that way...it can move so many others and be darned if I'm not going to try.

Lorelei
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad These ads bring tears to my eyes and makes me swell with pride...

THANK YOU .
pneal
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 1:55 pm    Post subject: The most powerful to date! Reply with quote

These 2 new ads were the most powerful to date. So simple, so clear, so TRUE!!! Very Happy Sad Very Happy Sad Very Happy Sad

God Bless everyone of these men, and everyone who contributes $$$ to fund these important messages. My family and friends have been profoundly influenced by this forum and the SwiftVets message. We are doing our OSC this weekend and next weekend, with a group ranging in age from 15 to 48. We are coming at this from the position of, "You don't have to vote for YES to Bush, but you must vote NO to Kerry". MY FAMILY GREATLY SUPPORTS THE PRESIDENT....BUT, we recognize that there are alot of undecideds Confused out there that believe,"Anyone's better than Bush". We want to convince them that John Kerry is NOT the "lesser of two evils". He is the " Twisted Evil evil of betrayal, treachery, and lies" against his fellow troops and the American people. It's our mission, and contribution, in the fight for integrity, justice and the FUTURE of our great nation. Clinton and his crowd, Kerry included here, had all but destroyed us at home, and abroad. George Bush IS rebuilding the respect and integrity of this country.

We'll document our OSC and post pics here. God willing people will be open and listen to the message. They MUST!!!!
Montana
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonderful. Moving. Brought tears to my eyes (both ads).
I´m still physically moved and shaking while
typing this.
Bravo Zulu to all involved.
I know WaltJones (up there) is yelling ¨Yes!¨ ¨Yes!¨ ¨Yes!¨

Montana
techievampire
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new ads are incredibly moving. Perfectly done. My husband and I both caught our breath when Bud Day appeared on screen. We both cried.

We owe the Swifties and POWs so much. You are all a blessing and we're honored to be two of the many who support you. God bless you all and god speed on your quest.
Steve Z
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 5:53 pm    Post subject: New Ads Reply with quote

Excellent photography--the Veterans and POWs speaking individually, surrounded by others, then zooming out to show the whole group, shows that there are LOTS of soldiers angry at Kerry.

One little problem for computers without speakers--the script for "They Served" comes up on the website, but not the script for "Why".

"Why" is that, and can it be remedied?
toby211
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been following this forum and the Swiftvets for a long time. I am not a vet but am old enough to have been employed by the federal guvment at that time of "the conflict". I just want to say that my wife thinks I have become much more conservative in the last few years, especially since my heart transplant. Razz She is a Kerry Koolaid Drinker and will "not see the errors of her ways". Crying or Very sad I have hope that she will take a look at these 2 ads and maybe change her mind, but I do not count on it.
Anyway, I contributed today and it will be the best money ever spent by me. Keep up the wonderful and hopeful work you guys are doing. Anybody who can't see thru the lies and utter shamelessness of this liar will rue the day if he gets elected. Those who do not study history are doomed to repeat it, I have always heard. My heartfelt gratitude and admiration of the vets has never been higher. I salute all people in uniform.
THANKS PEEPS
Toby Cool
azpatriot
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Those are the two most powerful ads! The others are all great too, but those two 8 & 9 just really have blown me away! To see you all there as one group is incredible!

There can be no denying this, this puts faces to the voices!
I am so proud of all of you veterans, we all owe you so much!

God bless you all and Godspeed!
GoEagles
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job!!! You all rock. #8 is the best Swift ad yet! Thank you so much. I can't express how heartening it is to see the real John Kerry exposed.

Would you have gone to war with Iraq?
"You bet we might have" - John Fraud Kerry
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: