SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ELIZABETH EDWARDS ACCUSES LYNNE CHENEY OF "SHAME"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
arkadyfolkner
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

any reaction from Ms. Cheney yet?
nathan roland
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No big surprise that egO'Reilly doesn't get why it's wrong for Kerry to USE Mary Cheney's sexuality as a tool for his own purposes in an International forum...isn't egO'Reilly dealing with sexual harrassment issues now himself?

I know how low Kerry can go but it still seems shocking each time I witness his most recent downward step.
wwIIvetsdaughter
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kimmy, your most excellent post reminded me of a passage I recently read in "The Complete Idiot's Guide to Jewish Spirituality & Mysticism".
The Chafetz Chaim, a famous nineteenth century rabbi wrote that gossip or lashon hara, reveals the character of the person who speaks it and if we watch our speech to and about others, we can create a more peaceful world. Kerry's lashon hara is known as rechillut, meaning gossip intented to sell negative concepts about other people. Mrs. Edwards' lashon hara response to Mrs. Cheney is known as avak lashon hara, meaning it is a kind of gossip that implies something negative with an answer. So Senator Kerry & Mrs. Edwards, with your lashon hara you have spoken volumes about yourselves to the American people! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
GIaunt
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When john-boy mentioned Cheney's daughter, I thought Cheney's response could be read as sarcasm, but it actually was following a scripture lesson that says that if you treat those who revile you kindly you heap burning coals on their head..... Cheney's "thank you for your concern...." answer did just that...

Kerry tried to use this again as a dig - it just didn't stick...

Lynne Cheney did what any Mother does when she senses ANY threat to her child she responded..... Actually, I thought her response quite tame.... I would have fired both barrels --- fire at Kerry's sister trying to influence a foreign election, his daughter flaunting herself, AND saying - How do you PRESUME to know what my daughter thinks ? Don't you have any gay friends you can quote who actually have told you what they think?

Then poor Mrs. Edwards - when the men couldn't make anything stick, they sent her on a suicide mission - Mrs. Cheney is ashamed of her daughter???? Where do they come up with this stuff??? Mrs. Cheney and Mrs. Bush have both made public statements about what a wonderful person Mary Cheney is..... and they have said so sincerely.....

methinks they are getting desperate....
joeshero
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blue9t3 wrote:
He's removed all doubt about how low he"ll go. I really liked it when he quotes the Bible, what a weasel!

He was trying to attract faithful Christians to his camp. This guy will even sell his soul--already--to get the most votes.
Debs
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In regard to Mary Cheney, Kerry and his koolaid drinkers don't get it - it's not about homosexuality - its about privacy. It's about respecting the privacy of the individual and honoring the sanctity of the family - it's about respecting the intimate, unique and complex dynamics of the relationships within a family - it's about honoring the family as the cornerstone of society and respecting the privacy of its individual members.

Kerry invaded the Cheney family unit, exploited a member of that family for political gain, and, in so doing, disrespected the entire family - and he had no right to do it. And since when does the Cheney family need approval from Kerry for what they do in regard to their personal lives and the relationships within their family - since when does Kerry have the right to presume how Mary feels - since when does Mary have to explain anything about her personal life to anyone - since when does Kerry have the right to impose and judge the relationships in the Cheney family? It's none of his business - it's none of anyone's business.

What Kerry and his ilk have engaged in is the lowest, most disgusting, vile, mean, nasty form of political discourse, and everyone knows it. The MSM cannot spin it away, the Kerry campaign cannot excuse it away - it is what it is - and the gut-wrenching sick reaction people had to it needs no explanation. We all know what it was - our hearts, and our guts, told us, and it was very ugly. I felt that Mary and her family had been violated, disrespected, and exploited by this vile man - and my heart ached for the entire Cheney family.

If Kerry thought he could use the fact that Mary Cheney is gay to turn Christians away from Bush - as some have implied - he made a grave miscalculation, as I believe all good people of every faith view family as sacred and cherish and honor the privacy, sanctity, uniqueness, and intimacy of the family unit, where every family member is loved and respected for who they are as individuals. Any exploitation or disrespect of a good and loving family like the Cheney family, by a crass opportunist like Kerry for political gain, is looked upon as a most vile, outrageous, mean, intrusive and disgusting act that is beyond the pale - beyond belief - and is politics at its worst. Kerry is not a good man - Lynne Cheney was right - and all the world now sees it.

Not only did Bush defeat Kerry last night, but Kerry finished himself off by just being himself.

Debbie
arkadyfolkner
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, last night there was an audible Oh-He-DiD-Not-Just-Go-THERE GROAN from everyone in Spin Alley...

It was sickening, and I hope they roast him over the fire for it.
Kimmymac
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a faithful Christian and all Kerry managed to do was make me despise him even more. I do not hold a parent responsible for a grown child's choices in life. That is ridiculous. Ron Reagan Jr. is a leftist weasel; that in no way diminishes his father's greatness.

You know, the Kerry/Edwards/DNC crowd is sick. Sick in their souls, sick in their minds, sick in their hearts. Sick,sick,sick. Today I realized I have been remiss in not praying for them, and I will begin to do so. If Jesus could forgive His enemies, who am I to be so stiff necked?

However, that does not mean I will not be fighting their dark sickness with my last breath. Very Happy

wwIIvetsdaughter: is that like the kabbulah (sp) religion that Demi Moore and Madonna are into? I actually have a lot of respect for the Jewish religion, and find it very interesting. It is, after all, the root of my faith, but is that kabbalah (?) stuff all new-agey?
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kabbalah---Schmabalah!
Kimme, where you been?
I thought kabbalah's were BB'Q meat and veggies on a stick? Wink

(good to have ya back)
Kimmymac

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey blue! It was a serious question, dammit!

Naw, dead meat and vegetables on a stick are kerries-ka-boobs. <rim shot>

I was in New England, making new friends. I made such good friends with a Kerry supporter I met at the airport I almost made my new friend cry. Eating yummy stuff (no kerries-ka-boobs) in Little Italy in Bahhhstahhhn. Prowling around the Charleston Navy shipyard. You know, the usual.
nathan roland
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poor Mrs. Edwards? I think not. She is a wealthy attorney in her own right and I would add has a lovely younger wealthy attorney husband. I doubt that she is less calculating in her deeds than he. I also doubt she would have words put in her mouth by others.

As for kabbalah (sp? who cares?)...if God decides to punish me I believe it will be for something worse than having a low opinion about Kerry/Edwards and posting it on this website.

I always say if you feel you have nothing positive to add to a conversation and nothing good to say about anyone than by all means come chat with me! Laughing Laughing
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought those guys like tea?
Edwards rolled through this town today, I was gona throw his wife a box of slim-fast but I got to many priors. So Im thinking about going out and stealing yard signs instead. On Holloween Im going as a right wing felon, what are you gona be? Wink
PC
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 5:26 am    Post subject: Calculated Reply with quote

Kerry and Edwards are calculating politicians and would never mention anything about Cheney's daughter being a lesbian unless those comments were tested on focus groups and found to be to their advantage.

Any attempt on Kerry/Edwards to say otherwise is just another lie.
Kimmymac

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blue: my daughter already did 18-and-a-half-to-life for stealing Kerry yard signs.

I think Mrs. Edwards could actually use the slim fast, too, so don't be shy. I had no idea Mrs. Hair was so...robust! until the debates.

Speaking of Edwards: I see he got a hair cut, or else has switched from mousse to gel.

For Halloween? I am going as a Republican Operative/goddess. You know, the usual.
Kimmymac

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blue: my daughter already did 18-and-a-half-to-life for stealing Kerry yard signs. You can trash a Rep hdqtrs, you just may not lay a finger on a Kerry sign. Put the bail money in your sock before you leave.

Mrs. Edwards rolled through town? 'Rolled' being the operative word. <yukyuk> I had no idea Mrs. Hair was so...robust! until the debates.

Speaking of Mr. Hair: I see he got a hair cut, or else has switched from volumizing mousse to wet look gel.

For Halloween? I am going as a Republican Operative/goddess. You know, the usual.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: