SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ELIZABETH EDWARDS ACCUSES LYNNE CHENEY OF "SHAME"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Roon
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I remember correctly, Al Gore's son was getting into trouble with the law right before the 2000 election but I don't remember the Republicans bringing that up at all, in fact it probably went mostly unnoticed unless you were reading Newsmax back then. You know MSM was not talking about it. The Democrats have always taken advantage of the fact that for the most part, the Republicans mothers didn't just tell them "Integrity, Integrity, Integrity" they branded them with it!
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wearing bomber belt to RNC convention.= verbal warning
Whizzing on kerry sign.= life without possibility!
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The question was "Do you believe that people are born homosexuals or that they choose to be that way?" (paraphrased)

Here is what the very morally superior John Kerry REALLY meant!
It is a matter of genetics. Your daughter is genitically inferior. On the other hand, MY daughters are NOT lesbians.
GoEagles
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you imagine if Bush brought up during the debate Kerry's Jewish lineage (Kerry's father was born Jewish, converted to Catholicism and changed his name to Kerry). This would be a dirty trick to try to hurt Kerry's standing with Arab-Americans ... just because Kerry wouldn't like Bush doing this doesn't mean Kerry is "ashamed" of his father's Jewish roots.

PS - I am Jewish, and proud of it. Not trying to equate religion with sexual-preference/orientation, just making a point about how wrong Elizabeth Edwards is.

PPS - The next time Bush is asked a question about the obesity problem in America, he should mention Elizabeth Edwards.

Would you have gone to war with Iraq?
"You bet we might have" - John Fraud Kerry
nathan roland
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good points.
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are a billionaire and your husband is running for President your tax returns are private

When you are running for President -- your medical records and military records are private

When you are 14 years old and want to abort an 8 month pregnancy without discussing this action with your parents --- well that is a privacy right

But when you are in your 30's your sex life is "fair game" for public DNC consumption just because your father is Vice President ...

I want to hear about every guy/gal/group Kerry's daughthers and Tereza's sons have ever so much as kissed ---- it must be fair game --- I have a right to know.
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoEagles wrote:

PPS - The next time Bush is asked a question about the obesity problem in America, he should mention Elizabeth Edwards.

Actually obesity is a health care crisis in this country --- all the people who just eat too much and exercise too little... so next time health issue comes up maybe President Bush should mention the health problems of the obese such as Mrs. Hair.
Wynne
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the letter I sent to the Raleigh N&O this morning (the Edwards' home town newspaper). Probably never see the light of day except here on this website tho...

The Cheneys are upset that both Senators Edwards and Kerry used the personal example of the Cheneys' daughter in the recent political debates when talking of whether or not to make same-sex marriage legal in the US.

Both Senators Kerry and Edwards profess not to understand why the Cheneys would be upset about this. Everyone knows that Mary Cheney is gay. She works in her father's campaign office. That Vice President Cheney simply responded to Senator Edwards' comment in their debate by thanking him graciously for his kind comments about the Cheneys' daughter is thought by some to reflect Mr. Cheney's pleasure in that comment, rather than what it did reveal, which was his disdain for Edwards in making what Lynne Cheney has aptly characterized as a 'cheap political shot'. Now Mrs. Edwards has said Lynne Cheney must be ashamed of her daughter or she would never have been upset by mention of her in the debates.

I believe I can help both Senators Kerry and Edwards and Mrs. Edwards as well as their supporters understand why what the senators said during the debates was inappropriate, even hurtful and meanspirited.

Consider the following hypothetical example:

During the debates, while discussing health care plans, if either Vice President Cheney or President Bush had said something like, 'I know John Edwards loves his wife, but it is obvious that she has a weight problem; Mrs. Edwards has admitted she has a weight problem and she has talked about it openly. Now whether she was born fat or has made the choice to be fat, we're all God's children, and with my health care plan for all Americans, there will be an opportunity for people like Elizabeth Edwards to get their weight under control.'

Of course this is a terribly unkind thing to say and had either Rebublican candidate brought the personal example of Mrs. Edwards into the debate in that manner, they would be castigated for it and rightly so.

Senators Kerry and Edwards should be censured, likewise, for bringing a member of the Cheneys' family personally into the debate.
ranch hand
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I think that Kerry should use Mrs. Edwards weight problem as an example of Bush's failed health care system.

Joke!

Last edited by ranch hand on Sat Oct 16, 2004 12:48 am; edited 1 time in total
1AD
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 10:51 pm    Post subject: Devious Reply with quote

We all know that Kerry deliberately brought up Ms. Cheney's sexual orientation in an attempt to tell some of the electorate that the President and his VP have a person in theentourage who is a homosexual. But why now and why twice? I am wondering if the Democrats are afraid that Messrs. Bush and Cheney will be getting the fundamental Christian vote that allegedly stayed home in 2000 because of Mr. Bush's past behavior. I seem to recall that some of the electorate was upset with Mr. Bush because of his DUI. If so, the duplicitous behavior of Kerry and Edwards is even worse that I imagined. Going after children to get at the parents. Have you no shame Mr. Kerry, have you no shame!
wwIIvetsdaughter
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kimmymac wrote:
I am a faithful Christian and all Kerry managed to do was make me despise him even more. I do not hold a parent responsible for a grown child's choices in life. That is ridiculous. Ron Reagan Jr. is a leftist weasel; that in no way diminishes his father's greatness.

You know, the Kerry/Edwards/DNC crowd is sick. Sick in their souls, sick in their minds, sick in their hearts. Sick,sick,sick. Today I realized I have been remiss in not praying for them, and I will begin to do so. If Jesus could forgive His enemies, who am I to be so stiff necked?

However, that does not mean I will not be fighting their dark sickness with my last breath. Very Happy

wwIIvetsdaughter: is that like the kabbulah (sp) religion that Demi Moore and Madonna are into? I actually have a lot of respect for the Jewish religion, and find it very interesting. It is, after all, the root of my faith, but is that kabbalah (?) stuff all new-agey?

Kimmy, from what I learned in the book, a person is ready for true Kabbalah study only after years studying "regular" Judiasim and even then not everyone can enter its study. Its like comparing the most advanced mathematical equations to simple addition. Those dopey celebs are "practicing" a bastardized mishmash of new age gooblegook and self-help blather. Their "Kabbalah" is paint by numbers coloring set whereas true Kabbalah is a Vermeer! PS I am not a Jew, but like you wanted to know more about the roots of my Christianity. Smile
truthserum
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I caught Scarborough last night with Pat Buchanan filling in. He had Lawrence O'Donnel and Terry Jeffries on to discuss this issue. O'Donnel's spin was that the right wing has no tolerance for homosexuals. It was disgusting because he was just trying to drive home the Kerry talking points and the reason for Skerry bringing this up, to disenfranchise the chrisitan vote.
Mrs. Edwards knew exactly what she was doing. She's a lawyer and she's a shark. Her remark about shame was to just drive it home further to the christian right.
My stomach turns and my blood pressure rises every time I hear these people open their mouths. I hope they destroy themselves with this.

PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN!
PrinceLazar
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 5:58 pm    Post subject: Should pick up the thread.. Reply with quote

truthserum wrote:
I caught Scarborough last night with Pat Buchanan filling in. He had Lawrence O'Donnel and Terry Jeffries on to discuss this issue. O'Donnel's spin was that the right wing has no tolerance for homosexuals. It was disgusting because he was just trying to drive home the Kerry talking points and the reason for Skerry bringing this up, to disenfranchise the chrisitan vote.
Mrs. Edwards knew exactly what she was doing. She's a lawyer and she's a shark. Her remark about shame was to just drive it home further to the christian right.
My stomach turns and my blood pressure rises every time I hear these people open their mouths. I hope they destroy themselves with this.

SOmeone should come out something like this....

"I understand that Mr Kerry being a former Vietnam Serviceman and not being respected among most of his peers is something Mr Kerry takes seriously. Likewise, I respect the fact that Mr Kerry is to ashamed of his military record to release his military records. I think Mr. Kerry has taken this humiliation in a good way and it canot always be easy to be a defaitist running on a tainted "war-hero" label".

Need some wood?!?!
I B Squidly
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Dem's had to know after the Cheney/Edwards debate that this wasn't a good idea. Kerry went and did it again. Why?

The theory put forth was that this wasn't aimed at the uninformed Christian right the dem's have already written off but to stir up Christian blacks where they are leaking badly.

This poorly veiled gay bashing has missed its mark and opened an entirely new can of worms.
msindependent
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since both Edwards and Kerry brought it up, it makes their whole side of the party look like bigots (friends and I have thought this for awhile now). It was a cheap shot and very sophomoric. I was hoping that Mrs Edwards wasn't like the rest of them, but she is. Shame on her, that was so bad.

Last edited by msindependent on Sat Oct 16, 2004 7:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: