SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry joins thousands to view Reagan casket
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BrianC
PO2

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 10:37 pm    Post subject: Kerry joins thousands to view Reagan casket Reply with quote

Kerry cuts in front of thousands to ensure his face can be seen on prime-time television

But remember, he's not "overtly" campaigning.

What a horse's ass.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/06/08/reagan.main/index.html
War Dog
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post resended! Very Happy

See post made later!

Woof!

When cops need help, they call the K-9 unit."

Last edited by War Dog on Wed Jun 09, 2004 12:45 am; edited 1 time in total
marinedad

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again I am not taking a stand on either side but John Kerry was not the only person to "go to the front of the line" All of you have to remember there are security issues when a presidential nominee visits anyplace. Again, I ask that during a time of mourning people respect all individuals. I think that by throwing insults during this time, it only makes the people of this website look childish.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And you have to remember, too, that in this case, he's damned if he does or damned if he doesn't.

I don't think anyone detests John F'n Kerry more than I do, but I can't find any fault with this visitation.

I'll gladly add anything and everything to my list of grudges against this chameleon, but if he hadn't visited, it would have been commented upon negatively, too.

He has a lot to make up to President Reagan. As recently as a year ago, he said he was "proud" to have stood against the President. He fought the President at every turn and never did understand exactly what this great President accomplished in his eight years.

That he is "proud" of having been on the other side of the fence is testament, alone, to Kerry's lack of good judgement.
BrianC
PO2

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarineDad,

That is precisely the reason that Kerry should have stayed away.

It's well known that President Reagan's body will be lying in state at the Capitol Rotunda, and member of Congress will have special viewing times set aside for them as a group.

It's been reported that Kerry spent 20 minutes there. It's in very bad taste for him to show up and get the royalty treatment. It's even worse in terms of the appearance it gives. This is the sort of behavior I'd have expected to see from a junior high school class campaign.

By contrast, you will note that President Bush elected not to attend the university graduation ceremonies of both of his daughters, and by staying away, he allowed the other students and their families to enjoy the day and not have the added hassle of all the security.

It's just my opinion, but I think Kerry's showing up there was in very bad taste, and it just goes to show how elitist he is.
BrianC
PO2

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And speaking of bad taste:

CLINTON DISAPPOINTMENT: LEFT OFF FUNERAL SPEAKERS LIST

Former President Bill Clinton has privately expressed anger he has apparently been left off the speakers list of Friday's Reagan State Funeral, the DRUDGE REPORT has learned.

"President Clinton really held out all hope the funeral would be a nonpartisan event, like Nixon's was," a top Clinton source said on Tuesday morning. "He's angry and disappointed neither he nor President Carter have been asked to speak, as of yet."

The top source says Clinton has been critical that both Bush presidents will address the crowd gathered at National Cathedral.

Nixon's vice president Gerald Ford did not speak at Nixon's funeral.

Clinton's inner circle is convinced Nancy Reagan has personally shut out Clinton from any high-profile participation.

"It is a state funeral, using tax dollars," the top Clinton insider explained.
(more at):

http://www.drudgereport.com/rr1.htm
BrianC
PO2

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way, it's also being reported that Kerry arrived with his own photographers so he could be sure to get all the hype necessary.

Another special exception made for him... no other photography was allowed by people who were there to pay their respects.

He's shameless.
War Dog
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=694&u=/ap/20040608/ap_on_el_pr/kerry_15&printer=1

YahooNews
Tue Jun 8, 5:21 PM ET
By LIZ SIDOTI, Associated Press Writer

Quote:
John Kerry (news - web sites) paused for a moment of silent reflection before the flag-draped casket of former President Reagan on Tuesday, a brief appearance in a national spotlight that suddenly has shifted from politics and the Democratic presidential candidate.

Head bowed, eyes closed and hands clasped in front, the Massachusetts senator stood for about a minute to pay his respects to Reagan, the Republican icon who died Saturday and whose body lay in repose at the presidential library.

Kerry, a Roman Catholic, made the sign of the cross and quietly recited the accompanying prayer before departing.

Like other dignitaries, Kerry did not have to wait hours with tens of thousands of mourners; an exception was made for the candidate and his visit lasted about 20 minutes.

I resend my earlier post and 'sit' corrected! Very Happy

Woof!

When cops need help, they call the K-9 unit."
Marine4life
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am impressed at how the media has portrayed Bush as emulating Mr. Reagan in many way's. President Bush has chosen a hell of a role model. Say's a lot when his father was also CIC, that Bush shows that much respect for President Reagan. This country will be better served to keep President Reagan's profound leadership alive long after he is gone. As for Clinton on speaking, well Mr. Reagan deeply loved his wife and was an Honorable man, both professionally and at home. Clinton is just not in his league, Carter on the otherhand is Honorable in his own way, he just didn't have what it takes to be CIC. In his final call he needs to be uligized by his friend's, not the political correctness of certain individuals for their own political gain. Yes tax dollars pay for it, but I want my money to be spent sending him off in a respectful manner in a funneral fit for a King, not politics.
BrianC
PO2

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am impressed at how the media has portrayed Bush as emulating Mr. Reagan in many way's.

I am suspicious of it. Very soon we'll see that the media will use those comparisons against President Bush. My outlook is that they'll slam the President for "daring" to compare himself to President Reagan (even though it's the media that is doing the comparison).

Trust me, the media made plenty of attacks on President Reagan when he was in office.
Marine4life

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

People loved Ronald Reagan and any attempts to slam him after his death will be political suicide for the dems. The report that I saw layed out the direct similarities, tax cuts, firm stand on terrorists, faith, standing by exactly what he say's he will do, not what the polls say, speaking directly to the people, humor even at himself etc., not asking the UN for permission do defend this country. Remember the pre-emptive strike on a certain Presidential compound which Kerry abmonished him for. Also Reagan didn't ask Congress for permission to tell Iran that our hostages had better be on American soil before he is inagurated or they will pay dearly. Maybe it's just me but I see direct similarities. Everything that Bush is being dogged for is what made Reagan great. People will reflect now on the Reagan years and what he accomplished for this country and the world, which will only help Bush in the long run. Bush said it himself, " I will not ask anyones permission to defend this great country". Semper Fi.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
People loved Ronald Reagan and any attempts to slam him after his death will be political suicide for the dems

Hold on to your hats, the media is already starting to slam Mr. Reagan. They rarely had anything nice to saya bout him when he was President and their accolades earlier this week took me by surprise. Guess it's back to business as usual, bash Republicans.
BrianC
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe it's just me but I see direct similarities. Everything that Bush is being dogged for is what made Reagan great.
--Marine4life

We are in agreement here - I see some very close similarities. But I don't trust the Lamestream, Liberal media. They will attack President Bush(and they have been all along) on the same lines that they attacked President Reagan.

Keep your powder dry, my friends, it's gonna be a tough ride. The media is siding with Kerry all the way, in spite of the fact that they've little to say about him that's good.
nakona
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In all fairness, I can't see how Kerry could have stayed away.

I also understand him cutting the line. There are security considerations involved, and lets be honest... he IS a Senator, and RHIP.

The part that bothers ME is that he showed up with his own photographers, proving that his visit wasn't about paying respects, it was about how he could manipulate the event for his own benefit.
Marine4life

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He could have made a statement, such as " I fought against Reagan on many issues, but feel honored to have known him" or something to that effect. But nooo he choses to lie and portray himself as his friend for political gain only. He should have stayed away instead of dishonoring him. Semper Fi.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: