SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ELIZABETH EDWARDS ACCUSES LYNNE CHENEY OF "SHAME"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BenJaxBchFL
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this has already been said then I think it's worthy of repeating.

The truth is that both sides of the aisle know that there is a large segment of the population that view homosexuality in a very negative way. Some are tolerant, some are not. Some might even make the stretch that for someone's child to become that way suggests that there must be something wrong with the parents. It does not take a rocket scientist to see that the Kerry ticket thought they could work this into the conversation without challenge if they did it properly. Their purpose was to make the attachment of the negative feelings that people have about this to the Bush ticket. That was their purpose and everybody with half a brain knows that.

America, despite her opinions on certain lifestyles still has the compassion to see people as human beings and they very much dislike it when people back door a cruelty moment. Which is exactly what the Kerry people did. Despite all of the Democratic Party's assertions that Republicans do not care about the gay community it is them who are frequently willing to use all minorities as a political tool.

This time is wasn't subtle, this time is was very obvious and the country did not buy the explanations of "we didn't mean it like that".
The war against terrorism is not that Americans might die rather that we would alter our way of living. If we get to a point where we choose not to go out because of fear, our economy will sink and in the end so will our nation. Vote Bush.
nightingale97
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've read the recovering Bill Clinton is in frequent contact with the Kerry campaign by phone....maybe he thinks Kerry's momentum needs to slow down a bit to make sure Bush wins big.....after all, he OWES Hilary to make sure the way is clear for her in 2008. This little Mary Chaney comment got rid of two threats to her presidential run.. one present and one future.
momofthreegirls
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if a Christian does not approve of her lifestyle they know that doesn't mean that she is any less loved by her Father in Heaven and her parents here on earth. Christians are taught that we are all imperfect and one so called sin does not trump another. We are also taught to get the log out of our own eye before we worry about the splinter in our neighbor's eye. The Kerry/Edwards group obviously has very little understanding of the faith they profess. It is also obvious that they hold members of said faith in contempt and believe most Christians are judgemental and self-righteous as portrayed by the MSM. Really, Senators "Judge not lest ye be judged."
truthserum
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It is also obvious that they hold members of said faith in contempt and believe most Christians are judgemental and self-righteous as portrayed by the MSM.

This is so true. The left does not understand at all. Hence the "right wing conspiracy" bs that comes out all the time.
The bigotry I see is usually on the left trying to pin it on the right, just as they do anything else.

I was raised Catholic and I could care less what sexual preference anyone is. Making Mary Cheney a target for whatever reason is despicable.
But, I know the left think Christians are eaten up with homophobia. I just don't know where that comes from. They profess to be the party of tolerance and they are the least tolerant from what I can see. If Bush or Cheney had said anything about one of their family members the lawsuits would be flying and the MSM would run banners of it across their snippy little news programs.

PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN!
Kimmymac
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

truthserum: I am a Christian and a proud member of the VRWC. (I also had a Marine Corp brother that served in Vietnam, and it goes without saying I am proud of him. Don't you love how we have to SAY that we are proud of their service? What a bunch of crap. Like we have to ask permission from Dan Rather or something to be proud of our Viet Vets. But I digress.)

I am not "homophobic", and in all honesty I can't say any of the other Christian VRWC members that I know are, either. Our religion says homosexualtiy is a sin. So is fornication. So is lying. So is calling your neighbor a fool. So is gossip.

So, looks like we all fall short. That doesn't give me a pass, because we all fall short, it just means I have to step carefully and depend on God's grace,that's all.

Looks like we are getting kind of far afield on this topic, or at least I am. I agree with those who have said that the "Did I mention Dick Cheney's daughter is a lesbian?" remark shows the left's complete sense of DUH when it comes to understanding Christians, and the contempt they hold us in. On another thread there is a discussion of these trolls going onto Christian chatrooms and saying, "I am not voting for Bush because he paid for an abortion for his girlfriend," a vicious smear tactic if ever there was one, but! yet another example of how ignorant the left thinks we are.
truthserum
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I am not "homophobic", and in all honesty I can't say any of the other Christian VRWC members that I know are, either. Our religion says homosexualtiy is a sin. So is fornication. So is lying. So is calling your neighbor a fool. So is gossip.

Yeah, my religion says that also, but like you, it does not mean we are homphobic. The left likes to distort our morals because they have none.
They don't live by any moral code that I can tell. Everything goes in this society. I don't like that.

Yeah, I feel angry every time I feel like I have to say I'm proud of my brother. Like your brother, mine went to do his duty and give his sacrifice.
I don't know what higher honor a person could do for this country. One of my uncle's died there too. Both of my uncles fought in Korea, then one went to Vietnam. My brother went to Nam, his son was in Afhganistan. He is now waiting his orders. He's been called up on his reserve time. My brother does not want to see his son have Kerry for CIC. What a travesty for any soldier to have to answer to that traitor.

So, I don't like anyone putting our military men to shame. My brother would not talk about Nam for years. In fact, he has just started to open up about it over the last year. When he got back home after Vietnam, probably like your brother, he couldn't even open his mouth for fear of a fight breaking out.

Here's a story you'll identify with maybe. When my brother's daughter was 10 years old, she came home from school one day and asked my brother if he had killed any babies in Vietnam. She said the subject was a school topic and someone must have said something about the baby killers. My brother told her he never killed any babies. Then she asked if he had "killed" anyone. He told her that was his job because it was a war.

I don't know how I would have handled such a thing. But, this is the legacy we have now. And people who tell us to shut up just don't want to hear the pain of what they did to our military and their families over that war.
Now, I'm way off the topic. But, you know what. It kind of relates. Because here again we have a democratic candidate targeting someone for political gain. Some things never change.

PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN!
bk_mo
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think that John Kerry should be judging anyone. It's a shame President Bush couldn't say to him, well John, has Mary Cheney ever caused and entire generation of troops to suffer shame? Have families ever had to feel the pain of her lies? Has Mary Cheney ever caused anyone torture or imprisionment? Has Mary Cheney ever caused the death of someone? Has Mary Cheney ever met with the enemy? Can you give us as an example that she's ever LIED! for self gain?
Were you born this way John F'ing Kerry? How did your Mother feel about what you came home and did? I doubt your mother ever had time for you. On her death bed she might have been trying to get you to see the kind of man you are. In reality I think you used her as you have always used everyone. Integrity John????? Can you give us the definition of that word? I would doubt that your mother ever said those words. Who taught you, your sister and brother to bed down with the enemy? John you should listen to your bishops and confess before it's too late. Hell is to good for you. You are not going to take this nation with you!!!

Your not worthy. Your own Church denies you. The world we live in with people like you is short.........Your money and your mansions will not save you. You are not God John as much as you would like to think that you are. You promise false hope using a dead man. You use women for their money. You will never be JFK! We all know his family stole an election with their money. America is not as it was then. Your not going to steal this one. We have real soldiers on the battleground, real Hero's John. Your a traitor and a coward with no morals or concience. The gates of hell will open just like they did for Saddam's sons. Your gonna be exposed, it's just a matter of time. You say President Bush is out of touch with reality. I think you have been stealing Teresa's raisins again. I hope she throws you out on the curb, you would look mighty fine pushin a cart. Rolling Eyes OMG no more botox. EXPOSED sKERRY Shocked BUSTED

aplogize to the forum for rambling had to get it off my chest. Embarassed

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not sure who is worse....Elizabeth Edwards or Terezzzzzzzzzzza. They both should have muzzles on their evil mouths.

Elizabeth Edwards needs to shut up. I wonder if she would be so condesending if it were her daughter? As a mother I am appauled at her attitude and speech. She lacks good judgement.

Cheney's daughter was off limits. JK needs to SHUT UP, along with the rest of his brainwashed followers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: