SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Are the lib's on the cusp of wisdom?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 12:15 am    Post subject: Are the lib's on the cusp of wisdom? Reply with quote

The Beggining of wisdom is the Fear of GOD. The first phrase from Bible translated into Armenian.

Perhaps the way many lib's are trying to have God stricken i.e. today’s Supreme Court "under God" pledge ruling wherever they can perhaps the fear factor is getting to them which is the beginning of wisdom.

"Peace is our Profession"
Strategic Air Command - Motto

USAF 75-79 Security Police
hist/student
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

retracted

Last edited by hist/student on Sat Jul 24, 2004 3:39 am; edited 1 time in total
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 1:36 pm    Post subject: "To many people in the world." Reply with quote

hist/student wrote:
I think if you're correct their 'fear' is subconscious.

It is my experience that a large unifying factor in the 'anti god' , anti republican mind set is the guilt surrounding abortions which needent' have been performend.

I in no way think Roe vs Wade should be repealed (there are too many people in the world) however there is no question that many if not most abortions are clearly murder and a immediate violation of thelBill of rights.

Way back when it was unclear when live 'began' . Today you can buy or sell 'life' on the fertility market... sort of putting those earlier arguements in the ash can of history.

HOwever the guilt is still out there and this 'fear' of god is getting to those who have lacked this wisdom./

To this point from your posts that I have read has me thinking that you’re an honest critical thinker.

So I was surprised when you made this statement without any support. Why do you assume “there are to many people in the world”? Do subscribe to the belief that humans are part of the creator’s intelligent design and has allowed us to procreate?

Should we treat human life like the deer population? The DNR studies the food supply for a specific area and makes a determination of what a reasonable population is and allows hunters to go out and harvest deer until we reach the appropriate head count.

I believe human beings have been given charge over creation and have the ability to make decisions that solve problems and or create problems and the ability to be good or bad stewards over creation.

We have no way to know what break thru or calamity has not been experienced because the life that was meant to become the catalyst for the event was never allowed to live. Perhaps a life that is aborted today was meant to uncover the terrorist plan to destroy the building you will be working in 25 years from now or perhaps another abortion destroyed the life that would have conceived the plot in the first place.

I believe God is all knowing while we are not. And it is not our place to metal when it comes to human life.

fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 3:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Are the lib's on the cusp of wisdom? Reply with quote

coldwarvet wrote:
The Beggining of wisdom is the Fear of GOD. The first phrase from Bible translated into Armenian.

The beginning of wisdom is the belief in a universal (in the literal sense) moral code where morals are neither relativistic nor interchangeable (equivalence). The Judeo-Christian ethic, a moral code, is the outcome of the monotheistic revolution in human thought started appx. 5,000 years ago as an answer to the barbarism, moral turpitude and idolatry of the day. The Islamic moral code is related but needs liberation from fanatics and fanatical interpretation, such as Judaism underwent in its earlier history and as Christianity underwent during the Renaissance and Reformation.

Those who wish to abandon this sociological innovation are on the slippery slope back to barbarism and idolatry (e.g., the idols of sex, drugs, decadence and self-indulgence).

FDL
hist/student
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

retracted

Last edited by hist/student on Sat Jul 24, 2004 3:38 am; edited 1 time in total
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 7:44 pm    Post subject: Farming is honorable work. Thank you. Reply with quote

hist/student wrote:
coldwarvet.... Ya got me.

I am not of a closed mind concerning every thing you say. I think the best explination for my statement and my position is Lazyness.

My current employ is producing food as a farmer. I think you may with ease imagine all that has me up against. Taxes, taxes, taxes etc.....

ON top of this add a newly created 'private' environmental loby in my region which essentially targets farmers as the #1 reason the Cheasapeake bay is low on many of her resources. These 'environmentalists' ignore anything to do with over fishing because they all like the look of the work boats.

Essentially this group is nothing but another varient of serious leftists who have too much money and have bought and built houses on waterfront property and deeply resent..... allmost everything involved in farming and certainly hunting.

I know how hard it is to produce food.

About the abortion stuff..... I can not say if their are too many people in the world or not. I do tend to believe in divine provedence so that would argue in your favor.

On the other side of the coin is the obvious example of the 'welfare' mothers who produce gobs of kids.... and yes some of the young ones do, do this on purpose to generate more income thru social services.... leaving the kids grandparents to raise them.

These folks like to say what they do in their own time is none of my buisness. I agree with this up untill my tax dollars end up footing the bill for, as bill Cosby points out $200 sneakers. Meanwhile the education I am paying for is dilluted to such a degree that these kids are frequently functional illiterates.... which I feel is the way the DNC wants it... this is their voting base.

My favorite quote of Bob Doles (think if he had beaten Clinton) was about literacy programs.... 'yes he was all for literacy in a big way. Teach them to read and Bingo you have a future republican'

So's in closing my take on your prose is you might be a bit more 'religeous' then I am, however you are correct (in my opinion)
in all you say.

The thing is pollitcaly it will be imposable to reverse Roe/Wade untill the populace gets some learning and some humility.

Upper crust proffesionals.... (church going) do not want to admit thier hot 15-20 year old daughter who by all appearances is a fine upstanding youngster...... well she's been engaging in the sort of activities which creates children..... I got to go .. this is a incomplete explination.

Farming is honorable work. Thank you.
Perhaps if my grandfather hadn't lost his Nebraska farm during the dust bowl I would be a fellow farmer. As a student of history you can see how events that are completely out of our control change not only the course of our own lives but effect the generations to follow.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: