SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Zarqawi caught???
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Whacker77
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 3:34 am    Post subject: Zarqawi caught??? Reply with quote

According to a report yesterday on Kuwaiti Radio, Zarqawi may have been captured by U.S. Marines on Friday during a raid in Falluja. According to an Iraqi source, he was undergoing DNA testing to confirm his identity. Reports of his capture were denied by the U.S. military yesterday in a Rueters press release.

First, let me say that I am highly dubious of the capture. I doubt if he were captured that it was by regular Marines. I'm sure this would have been an operation conducted by Task Force 121. Second, I doubt the secret could be kept if he were captured on Friday. Afterall, the news of Saddam's capture broke after about 15 hours.

The only glimmer of hope I have that it's true comes from a Fox News report. They reported that Bush has decided to give a "major" foreign policy speech tommorrow in New Jersey. To be honest though, the last time he gave a "major" speech, it ended up being nothing more than a pep rally. As I said, I'm highly dubious.
Chuck Z Ombie AC2000
LCDR

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the middle east version of an elvis spotting. zarqawi is caught zawahiris caught, osama is caught/dead xx is caught awaiting DNA testing. ill believe it when i see it. the 'caught' rumors are getitng ridiculous.
Whacker77
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the way I feel, but I thought I would put it out there.
rparrott21
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who knows, we have have all these guys,,and roll them out one by one....Last I heard we were working on a deal with the Chinese to get Osama. he is support to be in western China...
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had Fox on all day and haven't heard a word of it. No breaking news reports or anything else.

If it were true, it would be a great October surprise, but all we'd hear is that either they had him all the time or they would still complain because Usama hasn't been caught yet.

Dubious or not, I wouldn't put too much stock in reports from Kuwait. They also reported intercepting Iraqi WMDs a while back and two days later, changed the report to they captured archealogical artifacts.

Cross your fingers, if you like, but don't hold your breath Wink Laughing
Kimmymac
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Osama bin Bonebrain is probably living in the chateau in Southern France, vacated by the Ayatollah Khomeini when he left France to take possession of Iran, courtesy of the UN and Jiminy Carter. Or perhaps he is living in the less spacious flat in Paris, also owned by Ayatollah Khomeini. Oh well, perhaps Pierre Salinger's estate will be interested in selling to the terrorist at a reduced price. A sort of, "we hate America and George Bush" discount.

I see our (non alliance, according to Kerry) partners in the war on terrorism, Jordan, have indicted al-zarawhatever and will be trying him in absentia, meaning they can then give him the death penalty meaning we can then summarily execute him with total impunity.
flagreen
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's true I say tie him to a wooden stake, pile some lumber at his feet, and burn him alive. Film him screaming as dies and publish the video all over the web - particularly on middle east web sites. This is the only kind of message those animals will understand.
sdonions
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Along that same lines here is another thought.

Hog tie him and roast him sandwiched between a couple of real hogs. I think they would get the message after that. Twisted Evil
Nathanyl
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He wasn't caught. That was just a rumor that's been denied by the military.
CTW
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep the faith. They are coming in this week and next.

France, Russia, and China will be revealed.

Kerry is done. CTW

Never Ever Kerry
Dimsdale
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flagreen wrote:
If it's true I say tie him to a wooden stake, pile some lumber at his feet, and burn him alive. Film him screaming as dies and publish the video all over the web - particularly on middle east web sites. This is the only kind of message those animals will understand.

Almost perfect: slather him up with bacon grease to get the fire going!! That way, you ensure he goes to whatever the Muslims consider hell.
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I've heard so many stories of the various terrorist boogymen (bin Laden, Zarqawi, others) being caught from time to time that it no longer carries any credibility. Until either Bush or Rumsfeld calls a press conference and makes the announcement, I can only consider this another baseless internet rumor.
tony54
PO2

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope that if the Marines got him they brought him back in a body-bag.
All the attorneys in the world wont be able to defend him.
And all the media in the world including Blather wont be able to do a story
on how badly he is being treated in prison. Justice will have been served.
We'll be able to show him on TV and let the rest of the holy warriors see what the future has in store for them.
It worked on Saddam's sons!
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flagreen wrote:

You forget you have to add the pigs blood onto the wood, and pig's blood on the ground around the pyre.
Steve Z
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 7:40 pm    Post subject: Punishment for Bin Laden Reply with quote

If Bin Laden is ever captured alive, a fitting punishment would be for him to be tied naked to the mast of the Empire State Building, with TV helicopters filming the event, soaked in gasoline, then someone sets him ablaze, so he could experience fully what he inflicted on the victims of the World Trade Center.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: