SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mystery Surrounds Kerry's Navy Discharge
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of Ted Kennedy - this was in newsmax a couple of weeks ago-
www.newsmax.com

Ted Kennedy's Ties to the KGB

Sen. Edward Kennedy, D-Mass., has become John Kerry's attack dog.

It is clear that John Edwards won't be as mean-spirited in his attacks on George Bush.

As NewsMax has detailed in Richard Poe's exhaustive investigation of Kennedy, it was Kennedy's machine that groomed Kerry for the White House.

Teddy has a lot to lose if Kerry sinks.

Teddy also will have unprecedented power in a Kerry White House. Clearly, a serious examination of Uncle Ted's views needs to be conducted before Election Day.

NewsMax was deeply disturbed by an article written last December by Herbert Romerstein for Human Events, the conservative weekly.

Romerstein, a former House intelligence committee staffer and a researcher of Soviet archives, uncovered numerous documents suggesting that Ted Kennedy was a "collaborationist" with the Soviets during our Cold War. Romerstein also co-authored, along with Eric Breindel, the highly praised "Verona Secrets, Exposing Soviet Espionage and America's Traitors."

According to Romerstein, a review of Soviet Communist Party archives offers an unflattering view of Kennedy. Some of the documents that have come to light since the collapse of the Soviet Union in 1991 include claims that:

Sometime in 1978, Kennedy requested the KGB's assistance to set up a relationship between the Soviets and a firm owned by former Sen. John Tunney, D-Calif.
Again, on March 5, 1980, Tunney, acting as Kennedy's liaison, met with KGB agents in Moscow. During that meeting, Tunney articulated Kennedy's position that "nonsense about ‘the Soviet military threat' and Soviet ambitions for military expansion in the Persian Gulf ... was being fueled by [President Jimmy] Carter, [National Security Advisor Zbigniew] Brzezinski, the Pentagon and the military industrial complex."
Kennedy, according to the documents, offered to speak out against President Carter on Afghanistan.

Romerstein notes that soon after the meeting, several public speeches subsequently were made by Kennedy criticizing Carter on his handling of Afghanistan.

This particular document was found in KGB archives by a KGB officer named Vasiliy Mitrokhin, who copied the records and defected to the West.

Other reports regarding Kennedy's affiliation with the Communists also were divulged.

According to information provided by the KGB, Kennedy told Tunney to carry a message to the general secretary of the Soviet Communist Party, Yuri Andropov.

Kennedy conveyed his concern over the anti-Soviet activities of then-President Ronald Reagan.

The KGB report said: "in Kennedy's opinion the opposition to Reagan remains weak. Speeches of the President's opponents are not well-coordinated and not effective enough, and Reagan has the chance to use successful counterpropaganda."

To appease the Soviets, Kennedy requested a meeting with Andropov for the purpose of "arming himself with the Soviet leader's explanations of arms control policy so he can use them later for more convincing speeches in the U.S."

Kennedy suggested that he could provide a venue to bring Soviet views to the major networks and into American living rooms by inviting ABC television network chairman of the board Elton Rule, Walter Cronkite or Barbara Walters to Moscow.

A second report reflecting Kennedy's exchanges with the KGB about his desire to become president was found in the Soviet annals by Tim Sebastian, a reporter for the London Times, who published the report in the newspaper in February 1992.

Romerstein notes that Kennedy played a key role in the 1970s in placing restrictions on the FBI and CIA in their surveillance capabilities.

One wonders what the motivation for such actions may have been.

With a President Kerry, will Ted Kennedy again be calling the shots at the CIA and FBI? Can America take that risk?

Please note: Get NewsMax's shocking report on Ted Kennedy and his connection to John Kerry. Go Here Now.
RMalloy
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RDTF excerpt:

Quote:
To appease the Soviets, Kennedy requested a meeting with Andropov for the purpose of "arming himself with the Soviet leader's explanations of arms control policy so he can use them later for more convincing speeches in the U.S."

Kennedy suggested that he could provide a venue to bring Soviet views to the major networks and into American living rooms by inviting ABC television network chairman of the board Elton Rule, Walter Cronkite or Barbara Walters to Moscow.

A second report reflecting Kennedy's exchanges with the KGB about his desire to become president was found in the Soviet annals by Tim Sebastian, a reporter for the London Times, who published the report in the newspaper in February 1992.

Romerstein notes that Kennedy played a key role in the 1970s in placing restrictions on the FBI and CIA in their surveillance capabilities.

Unbelievable, the parallels between Kennedy meeting with the Russians
(Communists at the time) and Kerry meeting the VietCong.
Perhaps Teddy was helpful to Kerry back when he went to Paris.
Think about how easy it was for Kerry to "testify" before the Senate.
How "gentle" they were with Kerry, so respectful to him. WHY?
Who set this up? Nobody just waltzes into a Senate Committee Hearing
and gets carte blanche, admits to meeting with the enemy, committing
atrocities, ect. unless they have connections to those who held the
hearing.
hanna
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That photo was in September 1962 when John Kerry joined President John F. Kennedy to watch the America's Cup race from the USS Joseph P. Kennedy off Newport, Rhode Island.

Kerry volunteered in the senatorial campaign of Edward M. Kennedy in 1962, and perhaps the boat ride was a result of his volunteer work. Surely the campaign was going on long before Sept of that year.
hanna
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems some of us have similar questions. Might save some time if we throw those out and see if anyone already has the answers. Two I have at this point....and one of them is already being asked.....

How was it that Kerry was able to speak before the Foreign Relations Committee in the first place. I don’t think that someone with an axe to grind can simply go knock on the door, sit themselves down and blab away and have such an audience as he had. Who set that up, and why.

How could Kerry request ad I assume receive, relief from the Naval Reserves, in 1969 so he could run for the Congress and then be promoted to full Lieutenant in 1970? Did he re-enlist?
Stop Hanoi John
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Sen. Edward Kennedy, D-Mass., has become John Kerry's attack dog

I believe the correct term is *****.
RMalloy
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excerpts from an article written in 1970 about Kerry. The "story" put out
by both Kerry and Ted Kennedy about how and where they first met
is this: It was while Kennedy was taking a midnight stroll across the Washington Mall
to take in the scraggley VVAW's illegally camping there
during the famous "Winter Soldier" days. Kennedy meets for the "first
time" with Kerry who stands out from the ragtag crowd. Kennedy is immediately impressed by Kerry. A liberal star is born. Yet Goldhaber writes his article a year earlier..........

FLASHBACK: "John Kerry: A Navy Dove Runs for Congress" (1970 Harvard Crimson interview)
Harvard Crimson ^ | Feb. 18, 1970 | SAMUEL Z. GOLDHABER

Kerry is a pilot, and on October 14 and 15 he flew Ted Kennedy's advisor Adam Walinsky by private plane throughout the State of New York so that Walinsky could give speeches against the Vietnam War. But Kerry was smart enough not to put down "Moratorium" on the Navy signout sheet for that Tuesday and Wednesday. The following month, Kerry was sick and did not engage in the November moratorium activities.

Kerry's interest in politics began in 1960, when John Kennedy was running for President. Kerry gave his first political speeches for JFK and at St. Paul's founded a political group, the John Winant Society. In the summer of 1962, Kerry worked for Ted Kennedy, who was then making his first Senate bid. "I wanted to see how the political machine works."
RMalloy
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just realized - Article was published in Feb 1970. Kerry flew Walinsky
on Oct 14 & 15 of 1969, before he was released from Active Duty. This
of course, is old news to most.

Quote:
Kerry is a pilot, and on October 14 and 15 he flew Ted Kennedy's advisor Adam Walinsky
Roon
PO2

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rdtf wrote:
When I think about all this I have to remember how Clinton made sure his entire staff at the White House were able to avoid background investigations. They could have been criminals or traitors, but if you know about any of this remember how he was able to get away with putting anyone there in any position and the FBI was successfully kept from doing their basic background checks. They had access to highly sensitive info!! I think about that, and how there was no outrage - and just know that Kerry having a secret clearance pulled 30 years ago won't mean squat to kool aid drinkers, or even those just sipping. A shame!

Clinton staffers isn't the end of it. When Clinton was elected, I was told by agents in the federal agency which holds my clearance that President Clinton himself wouldn't be able to get a clearance on the same level as mine.
SBD
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's something else Carter did during his first few years on office. It's interesting how the names of the past seem to creep up in the most interesting places.

The Lost is Found: Post-traumatic Stress Disorder
http://www.istss.org/What/history2.htm

In the meantime, President Carter had appointed Max Cleland as Director of the Veterans Administration and Alan Cranston assumed the chairmanship of the Senate Committee on Veterans Affairs. Cleland called a meeting with Art Blank, Charles Figley, Shad Meshad, John Wilson, William Mahedy and others to make specific recommendations for a VA readjustment counseling program.

I seem to remember Teresa Kerry commenting on John Kerry's nightmares about Vietnam.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn/A39691-2002May31?language=printer

The Heart of Politics
One Woman, Two Senators and Presidential Ambitions: The Washington Tale of John Kerry and Teresa Heinz

Part of Heinz's charm is that she has no patience for this. When Kerry is asked about the nightmares that haunted his sleep for years after he returned from Vietnam, he shrugs. "I don't think I've had a nightmare in a long time," he says. But then Heinz begins to mimic Kerry having a Vietnam nightmare.

"Down! Down, down!" she yells, patting her hands down on her auburn hair.

"I haven't gotten slapped yet," she says. "But there were times when I thought I might get throttled."

Kerry quivers his right foot and steers the discussion to the counseling programs he has supported for Vietnam veterans. Asked if he has been in therapy himself, he non-answers. "It doesn't bother me anymore, I just go back to sleep."

Heinz presses him. "Not therapy for the dreams, therapy for the angst," she says, and looks quizzically at him, awaiting an answer. Kerry shakes his head "No."This is not your father's political couple, though you wonder, at this moment, if Kerry wishes it were.

Maybe he won't sign the Form 180 because his discharged was changed to honorable due to PTSD.

Talk about an October Suprise!!

SBD

P.S. This is just a guess, I have not found the documentation YET!
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

look! from Newsmax

Monday, Oct. 18, 2004 8:58 a.m. EDT
Top GOPers in 'Major Effort' to Uncover Kerry's Naval Discharge

Top Republicans in Washington are trying to determine whether or not John Kerry received an honorable discharge from the Navy, the reporter who's taken the lead in probing Kerry's naval records said Sunday.

"I've already received an indication from high-ranking Republican officials that, basically, there is a major effort going on in Washington to find proof" of the type of discharge Kerry received, New York Sun reporter Thomas Lipscomb told WABC Radio's Steve Malzberg.

Last week, Lipscomb quoted a spokesman for Sen. John Warner, who was Secretary of the Navy at the time, as saying his boss "has no recollection that would either confirm or challenge any representation that Senator Kerry received a less than honorable discharge."
And Kerry campaign spokesman David Wade hasn't responded to Lipscomb's inquiries on the matter.

A document on Kerry's web site says he was honorably discharged in 1978. But his actual separation from the service was in 1972.

The Kerry document is a form cover letter in the name of the Carter administration's secretary of the Navy, W. Graham Claytor. It describes Mr. Kerry's discharge as being subsequent to the review of "a board of officers."

Notes Lipscomb: "This in it self is unusual. There is nothing about an ordinary honorable discharge action in the Navy that requires a review by a board of officers."

Because so many Navy documents from that era have subsequently been destroyed, Lipscomb said the only evidence of the circumstances of Kerry's 1972 separation would be in national security records.

But technically they're protected - up to a point. Lipscomb said there's always the possibility that someone would leak Kerry's records.

"Remember what happened to Linda Tripp?" he reminded Malzberg. "She had a juvenile conviction that was supposed to be expunged from the records . . . But one of the Department of Defense Clinton employees proceeded to out her national security file."

Lipscomb says the jury is still out on Kerry's Navy discharge until further evidence emerges.

"I'm kind of sitting here, hanging in the breeze, trying to sort this out - waiting for somebody to talk, some document to pop," he said.

To get Steve Malzberg's exclusive NewsMax.com column emailed directly to you, go to www.newsmax.com/malzberg
Hondo
LCDR

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Folks, you might all want to look at this from another thread:

http://www2.swiftvets.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=13381

Quote:
Rowan Scarborough
THE WASHINGTON TIMES

"The Navy records posted on Sen. John Kerry's presidential campaign Web site have stirred suspicion of wrongdoing among Internet bloggers, but authoritative sources say the documents show that the ex-Navy officer fulfilled his duty."

http://www.washingtontimes.com/national/20041018-124856-1545r.htm

The Washington Times is one paper that definitely ISN’T in Kerry’s pocket; it tends to be conservative as hell. My impression of what I’ve seen of Scarborough’s past reporting is that he’s pretty thorough and is also pretty well connected.

Hope I’m wrong, but I think it’s WAY to early to declare victory on this issue.

Let's hope Navy Chief has been "sandbagging" some documentation we haven't seen - yet.
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roon wrote:
Rdtf wrote:
When I think about all this I have to remember how Clinton made sure his entire staff at the White House were able to avoid background investigations. They could have been criminals or traitors, but if you know about any of this remember how he was able to get away with putting anyone there in any position and the FBI was successfully kept from doing their basic background checks. They had access to highly sensitive info!! I think about that, and how there was no outrage - and just know that Kerry having a secret clearance pulled 30 years ago won't mean squat to kool aid drinkers, or even those just sipping. A shame!

Clinton staffers isn't the end of it. When Clinton was elected, I was told by agents in the federal agency which holds my clearance that President Clinton himself wouldn't be able to get a clearance on the same level as mine.

Read this

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?r103:H24MR4-B1274:
Roon
PO2

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rdtf wrote:
Roon wrote:
Rdtf wrote:

Read this

I remember all of that very well. I believe that was the context of the agent telling me what he did. When I received my TS clearance in June of 92, I don't remember a time constrant on the question of illegal use of controlled substance. I could be wrong and I can't find my copy of the form, but based on the agent's comment to me, I believe that was in part what he was referring to. The agency failed to renew my clearance every five years as they should have so I redid my clearance a couple of months ago. I noticed the question of illegal drug use is now restricted to the past 7 years or since the age of 16 whichever is shorter. I suspect that was a change made during the Clinton administration because of the problems with the White House staff getting the clearances they needed for their jobs.
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roon wrote:
Rdtf wrote:
Roon wrote:
Rdtf wrote:

Read this

I remember all of that very well. I believe that was the context of the agent telling me what he did. When I received my TS clearance in June of 92, I don't remember a time constrant on the question of illegal use of controlled substance. I could be wrong and I can't find my copy of the form, but based on the agent's comment to me, I believe that was in part what he was referring to. The agency failed to renew my clearance every five years as they should have so I redid my clearance a couple of months ago. I noticed the question of illegal drug use is now restricted to the past 7 years or since the age of 16 whichever is shorter. I suspect that was a change made during the Clinton administration because of the problems with the White House staff getting the clearances they needed for their jobs.

Did the congressional record in that link say 'Kennedy' was the one in charge of their clearances? Well go figure. And we could expect the same from a Kerry Kampf there too.

FYI - This is the best book I read on it. Written by the actual Agent tasked to do their clearances:
Unlimited Access: An FBI Agent Inside the Clinton White House
by Gary Aldrich
NavyChief
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I noticed the question of illegal drug use is now restricted to the past 7 years or since the age of 16 whichever is shorter. I suspect that was a change made during the Clinton administration because of the problems with the White House staff getting the clearances they needed for their jobs.

It was changed under Bush Sr administration late 88 I believe. A waiver was easy to get in 1984 -- I should know Cool

- Chief
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 16 of 30

Jump to: