SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ad Buy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coolhand
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 6:40 pm    Post subject: Ad Buy Reply with quote

Why are we slways the last ones to know about these things.

http://washingtontimes.com/upi-breaking/20041021-011420-3390r.htm

Putting it all on Florida and Ohio. 4.7 milion worth of ads in the two big states. Cant argue. Its crunch time. I still feel like we are goingto take the dairy belt.
Islander
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 7:10 pm    Post subject: thanks for the tip Reply with quote

very cool!!
ccwebb
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 8:42 pm    Post subject: ad buy Reply with quote

Quote:
The group, a 527 organization representing more than 250 Swift Boat veterans who served in Vietnam with Democratic presidential nominee John Kerry along with a number of the American POW's held captive by the North Vietnamese, said it had purchased $3.2 million in TV time in Florida and $1.5 million in Ohio for ads that will run beginning Friday.

I am curious as to why it the Ohio buy is 1/2 the Florida amount? More costly in Florida or more emphasis is needed there?

Any opinions?

Charlie
noc
PO1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 8:52 pm    Post subject: Re: ad buy Reply with quote

ccwebb wrote:
Quote:
The group, a 527 organization representing more than 250 Swift Boat veterans who served in Vietnam with Democratic presidential nominee John Kerry along with a number of the American POW's held captive by the North Vietnamese, said it had purchased $3.2 million in TV time in Florida and $1.5 million in Ohio for ads that will run beginning Friday.

I am curious as to why it the Ohio buy is 1/2 the Florida amount? More costly in Florida or more emphasis is needed there?

Any opinions?

Charlie

I would guess that the ad time in Florida is more expensive per household to reach. May have to do with the station coverage.
coolhand
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got the attention of Lucianne. Check out what other posters are sying about the Swiftees

http://www.lucianne.com/
Steve Z
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 10:13 pm    Post subject: Ad buy Reply with quote

Getting ads out in FL and OH makes LOTS of sense. If Bush wins those two states, he locks up the election, and PA, WI, MN, IA, NH, and NM don't matter. Lots of military in FL--should play well!!!

But I'm wondering--do they plan to run the same two ads, or is a new one coming out?

I'd like to see one about Kerry's proposal (before the Senate in 1971) to withdraw the troops from Vietnam, the disastrous results, and Kerry's promise to pull the troops out of Iraq in 2004! A little red meat for non-veterans...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: