SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

O'Neill on Scarborough - Please comment HERE
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much!

Though I AM embarrassed that it was in a thread that I searched. Embarassed Wink
Paul R.
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Echo"

ord33 wrote:
My Reply to Scarborough Country & MSNBC:
To Whom It May Concern,

After viewing tonights show with Lawrence O'Donnell & John O'Neill, I must say Mr. O'Donnell should not be able to contribute to your show anymore. If he is not able to participate in a rational discussion, it truly takes away from the show, and turns Scarborough Country into a circus. Last week, I heard Mr. O'Donnell repeat "lesbian sex" referring to Mary Cheney multiple times, then criticizing President Bush's faith. Although, this irritated me and certainly caused me to lose respect for Mr. O'Donnell, this latest episode put me over the edge. Using the words "lie" "lying" "liar" "creep" and calling Larry Thurlow "nuts" does nothing to contribute to a civil discussion. Mr. O'Donnell should be suspended from appearing on your show or outright fired. It is amazing he is getting paid as a Senior Political Analyst. Out of curiousity I listened to the show again to see how many times Mr. O'Donnell used the word "liar" or variations of the word. I counted 46 times. 46 times in a 10 minute segment O'Donnell disrespected and shouted over a respectable Vietnam Veteran. He should be ashamed of himself, and I hope you take his latest outburst into consideration when I'm sure many thousands, if not millions of viewers do not find this as acceptable behavior from a paid Political Analyst. The only reasonable action in response to Mr. O'Donnell's latest temper tantrum, outrage, and vicious attack is to suspend him from appearing on MSNBC or to fire him.

Regards,

Paul R.
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoops! Somebody beat me to it!
drjohn
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't email Joe- at least not in isolation

You have to email the staff at MSNBC, the editors, and so on.

Do that!
Paul R.
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am going to re-ask a question I asked in the Stolen Honor forum -- maybe somebody can help me out with it:

I'd like a specific piece of info. to put in some e-mails. (I find unrefutable specifics to be effective with undecideds and maddening to Kerry supporters.)

While watching the Sinclair piece, there was a comment by a guy named Fred Short -- seemed to be a part of "Going Upriver"? Anyway, he was talking about the "brass" saying casualties were 75%, "but as the guys were talking about things, they realized it was more like 90%." (Paraphrasal)

90 %??? How can that be possible? What is defined as a "casualty"? Can anyone disprove the 90% with specific documentation?

To me, I think a lot of undecideds will look at the Sinclair piece as "he said - she said". But the Kerry side looks pretty "target rich" to me! And the free speech aspect should bother some people, too.

Thanks!
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent summation, Paul R. - thank you!
drjohn
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just fired off an email to feedback@msnbc.com

Sirs;

I am writing to you to voice my extreme disgust with the treatment of a guest on Scarborough Country. Seldom have I witnessed such churlish and despicable behavior as I have from Lawrence O'Donnell. The manner in which O'Donnell verbally abused and insulted John O'Neill was breathtaking.

It is painfully clear that O'Donnell is but a flack for John Kerry, but that should not permit his abuse of guests on the show with whom he disagrees. He was disruptive, he was vituperative, he was boorish. He clearly has a dread fear of what Mr. O'Neill has to say, as he would not allow Mr. O'Neill to finish a sentence, calling him "liar" countless numbers of times.

I saw Mr. O'Neill abused like this once before- by Paul Begala and James Carville in CNN's Crossfire. Allowing such a miserable tretment of guests speaks poorly of MSNBC. It is my recommendation that O'Donnell have his services terminated if only to make amends to your viewers for such a horrific display.

Sincerely,
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul R. wrote:
Quote:
you owe John O'Neill more time to actually tell his story.

I do agree with that.

BTW, and I realize this is a different subject, any of you ladies have any comments on Kerry's accusation (10/22, I think) about Bush not understanding women or listening to them? (I had this vision of Condi Rice, Laura Bush, and Elaine Chou grabbing Kerry so that Barbara Bush could smack him, but, darn, it's just a 1:30 a.m. fantasy...) Razz

You have such great fantasies in the wee hours of the morning! Laughing

I love your fantasies...... I second them.... Laughing

Kerry just flip flopped on his debate response.... bush answered "listen to them'.... not Kerry.... did he forget and think that was his answer?
Kerry skipped his wife and went straight to his dead mother - who IF what he said is true (and I doubt it) - HE DIDN'T LISTEN TO HER!
Ingetrity is NOT something I connect with Kerry!
Where was he for that speech? that town needs a letter to the editor! Smile
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
J Holen
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 12:28 am    Post subject: Letter to Joe Reply with quote

My first post after watching Scarborough last night.

I just sent this to Joe

Joe,

Last night your program hit a new LOW. The appearance of Mr. O’Donnell disgraced Scarborough Country. Mr. O’Donnell is obviously terrified of the truth that Mr. John O’Neil from the Swift Boat Vets was presenting so all he (Mr. O’Donnell) could do to counteract it was scream “liar, liar and cheater and fraud”. He then went on to further disgrace the vice president’s daughter for no reason screeching “lesbian this” and “lesbian that”. Mr. O’Donnell is apparently so full of hate and acrimony that he may even need professional intervention before he harms himself or others.

Pat Buchanan tried his best to control the situation by asking Mr. O’Donnell to give Mr. O’Neil an opportunity to speak, but Mr. O’Donnell denied him that courtesy, speaking over him at every opportunity.

We have been inviting you to our dinner table for at least the last year and have welcomed the neutral view you have been able to present. You do not need Mr. O’Donnell’s ilk on your show. If Mr. O’Donnell reappears in Scarborough Country, we may have to find someone else to join us for dinner and leave Scarborough Country and MSNBC.

We would appreciate hearing Mr. O’Neil’s views and perspective without interruption. This would allow us to understand him without drawing the wrong conclusions.

Perhaps the “moderator” would be allowed to disable the microphone of those guests who consistently speak over another’s attempt to communicate in a civil manner.

Thanks for “listening”.

John and Susan Holen
julsmith
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, here's my email I sent to:

feedback@msnbc.com
joe@msnbc.com
david.frail@ge.com

What was I watching with Lawrence O’Donnell ranting on Scarborough Country with John O’Neill???

I could’ve sworn I was watching Jerry Springer.

I can’t believe someone like O’Donnell is even allowed to be on a so called “mainstream” news show like yours.

Mr. O’Donnell has absolutely no respect for anyone who happens to think other than he does. Whatever happened to freedom of speech? He was obviously trying to squelch Mr. O’Neill’s.

Lawrence O’Donnell needs to be fired, sued, or both.

Mr. O’Neill deserves at least a chance to be heard, along with an apology from O’Donnell.
American Butterfly
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off, I am new to this board and I want to extend my deepest gratitude and appreciation to every veteran who has fought and died for this country.

John O'Neil perfectly laid out the choice we all have on Nov. 2nd. We can either vote in the likes of Larry O'Donnell or vote in a person of integrity, respect, and compassion. I, for one, don't want the likes of Larry O to be in the White House.

-Shavon
deserturtle
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I missed the first viewing of the program, recorded the rerun and watched it today. O'Donnell tried to do what he was supposed to do and that was to discredit O'Neill. He didn't succeed. I noticed O'Donnell's grin after the last commercial when O'Neill was free to speak to the issue as to whether Kerry wrote the after action report. He thinks he succeeded but much to his dismay the SVPTs have made their point and have been effective. Keep up the good work. I donated for the first time tonight.
ProudDaughterofVet
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First, I would like to say that John O'Neill as class, plan and simple, what an honor to have given to this cause..Thank you sir!

I watched on DvR this morning a taped program of Joe's show..and I dropped my coffee..and turned purple..I could not believe, honestly, what I saw..and heard. Pat did the best he could and you could see his anger at L.O..but in the end, it was the most disgraceful attack I have ever seen in my life..John O' Neill was stating views, truth, and O'Donnell was IRATE..something tells me that something is up bigger than this MSNBC exhanged..Kerry is about to go down, big..

I am emailing Joe, why? His is the only show I watch now on MSNBC, and I want a response by him, if he does not send an apology to Mr. O'Neill and MSNBC does not apologize..no longer will I EVER watch that network. I will put it in the chris matthews junk pile..

PD

www.timetotakeastand.blogspot.com
wonhyo
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 4:58 am    Post subject: Let's start a campaign to lodge suit against O'Donnell Reply with quote

I think we should start a fund raising for a suit against O'Donnell's slander, defamation of character,LIES, against John O'Neil. What we saw was a continuation of abuse against vets. MSNBC should be made to pay for having someone like him on the air waves. here is a copy of letter sent to Joe
Joe, after watching O'Donnell's tirade against VietNam Veteran John O'Neil, I will never watch MSNBC again. His uncalled for verbal abuse of John O'Neil just shows how low MSNBC has sunk to have this kind of garbage by their commentators. VietNam Veteran John O'Neil was trying to explain how to read the after action report, to answer Buchanan's question, but it became so obvious that O'Donnell was terrified for the public to hear the TRUTH, that he had to resort to temper tantrum to distract. I would support any effort by VietNam Vet John O'Neil to sue O'Donnell for defamation of character, slander,whatever. People like O'Donnell have tried to cover for the Dems lies so long that it is impossible for them to recognize TRUTH! Take O'Donnel off the air now!!!!!
joyce
st.louis MO
truthserum
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.weeklystandard.com/Content/Public/Articles/000/000/004/824yefgv.asp

I found this article tonight on the Weekly Standard and I sent it to MSNBC and Scarborough's show telling them that this is what O'Donnell was so afraid John O'Neil might say. I challenged them to come out with the truth that all the MSM have been covering up. I told them that all the MSM outlets have shame upon their heads for allowing this story to be "screamed" down. I told them that all the facts are out there, the FBI files are available, but somehow, the so-called journalists can't seem to find the information. Instead, all they do is call the Swiftvets "liars" as if that proves or debunks anything.

PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 15 of 18

Jump to: