SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mystery Surrounds Kerry's Navy Discharge
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NavyChief
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

debewley wrote:
Navy Chief,
Some blogs are reporting a story to be printed in the Washington Times on Monday.

http://www.redstate.org/story/2004/10/23/83256/635

Any information you might add to this?

Just curious!!!
Dave

Dave,

There are two different extremely HOT items I'm working on at the moment... I'm not sure if this will be my stuff or someone else's. There is just so much out there for those who dig in the right places.

- Chief
debewley
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy Chief,
Thanks much and keep up the good work my friend.

I'm beginning to see a severe list in Mr. Kerry's Swift boat.

Though I've not posted much I've followed these forums faithfully. I know just how much you've contributed to this effort. You sir, are a great American.
NavyChief
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Embarassed Embarassed I'm happy to fight alongside so many other great Americans!

I can't wait to do my famous victory-butt dance when the election results are in.

- Chief
dmackto
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NavyChief wrote:
Embarassed Embarassed I'm happy to fight alongside so many other great Americans!

I can't wait to do my famous victory-butt dance when the election results are in.

- Chief

Victory-butt dance... Ooo the visuals Shocked

This is no time for ease and comfort. It is the time to dare and endure.
- Winston Churchill
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NavyChief wrote:

Heh heh.... we definitely want that on tape! Twisted Evil
JN173
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NavyChief wrote:

- Chief

Any chance you could web-cast that for the rest of us! Wink

Seriously Chief, it is a pleasure and honor to know you. Keep up the pressure on that sob.
cipher
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Heh heh.... we definitely want that on tape!

Be careful what you wish for!
Defense contractor for US Navy, SSPO, SP-20, SP-24, OP-12 84-92
azpatriot
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NavyChief wrote:

- Chief

ROFLMAO Laughing Wife say's she's going to learn how to work the pc she has to see this one Shocked Very Happy
SBD
Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe the story has something to do with Kerry sending his (criminal/lawyer) brother Cameron to Israel. He's acting like he has already won. I have never heard of a President Elect sending a rep to a foreign country and frankly, it does not sound like something that is legally ethical. Then again, he went to Paris and negotiated with our Enemy and got away with it.

w w w . h a a r e t z . c o m
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kerry's brother reassures Israel of strong support
By Reuters

The brother of Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry met Israeli leaders on Wednesday in an apparent attempt to ease any concerns about the U.S. senator's commitment to the Jewish state.

Some Israeli officials have fretted privately that a Kerry victory in November's election could lead to a shift away from Middle East policies of President George W. Bush, whom they see as more staunchly pro-Israel than any U.S. leader in decades.

A Jewish convert and adviser to his brother, Cameron Kerry was sent as a "surrogate" to reassure Israelis that the Democratic candidate was as strong a supporter as Bush, a source who helped arrange the trip said.

Kerry, who described his four-day trip as a "personal visit," met Prime Minister Ariel Sharon and opposition leader Shimon Peres in Jerusalem on Wednesday.

"My brother has been here many times and told me of his trips and has a very deep, personal connection to Israel," Kerry told reporters in Jerusalem. "I finally had the opportunity to make a visit and I jumped at the chance."

He also planned to tour Israel's controversial West Bank barrier, which the World Court declared illegal in a non-binding decision last week.

While campaigning for his party's nomination, Kerry angered Israel supporters last October when he told an Arab-American group the vast array of walls and fences being built through occupied land was a "barrier to peace".

Kerry's campaign has since taken pains to stress his pro-Israel voting record in the Senate, and Israeli government analysts have concluded there is nothing to fear if he is elected to the White House. But some Sharon aides worry that a change of U.S. administrations could jeopardize unprecedented commitments that Bush gave the prime minister in April to allow Israel to keep some West Bank land captured in the 1967 Middle East war.

"There are concerns in the government that Kerry won't be as pro-Israel as Bush has been," a Sharon confidant said.

Sharon had cited a scheduling conflict for his failure to meet the Democratic candidate while visiting Washington in April. Mindful of maintaining good relations with Bush, Sharon kept a low profile for his brief meeting with Kerry's brother.

Cameron Kerry - who converted to Judaism in the 1980s before marrying his Jewish wife - was accompanied on the trip by Jay Footlik, the campaign's senior adviser on the Middle East and Jewish affairs.

The visit was sponsored by the American Israel Education Fund, affiliated with the American Israel Public Affairs Committee.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SBD
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THREE duplicate threads by a new member transferred to this thread:

Jaynie59 wrote:

Kerry's Discharge
Why hasn't anyone from the the Swiftees countered the discharge letter Kerry has on his web site? If it's that unusual, why hasn't any other Swift Boat vet shown their own letter?

I haven't seen his defenders show copies of their letters, either, to show that what Kerry got was simply a form letter.

What seems to be an easy thing to prove, his letter was out of the norm, is not being done. Or did I miss it?

For the record since this is my first post here: I think John Kerry committed treason. That fact can not be disputed. He admitted it on the floor of the senate. Why he was never charged is another matter.

I think it makes sense that he did get other than an honorable discharge and that is why he will not release his military records.

But the discharge letter has me stumped. If it was that unusual, where are all the vets who could prove it by producing their own?

FUZZY wrote:
Quote:
are all the vets who could prove it by producing their own

We are not running for president as a hero and besides nobody cares about our records as you can see by the way the left calls the Swifties and US liars.

A.D. Barron
Viet Nam (TDY) 1965-1966 (PCS) 1966-1967

Tanya wrote:
Kerry should sign the 180 form! I wonder why he won't do that? Shocked
That's what I want to see, his records!

Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:
Jaynie59 wrote:

But the discharge letter has me stumped. If it was that unusual, where are all the vets who could prove it by producing their own?

The fact that the circumstances and existence of such a letter were rarities would indicate that very few people have them to produce for you.

Rather, you should ask that anyone who has such a letter, referencing boards convened under those particular sections of the codes would come forward and tell of the circumstances under which they received such a board, such a resultant letter and producing an honorable discharge certificate and DD-214 with a re-enlistment code recommending them for future service.

I'm not sure that it's possible. Which could well be why the exact documentation necessary to disprove the "less than honorable discharge" is not available on Kerry's web site.

All he had to do was sign the 180 and this could have been put to bed a long time ago, one way or the other.

Even without a possibly less than honorable discharge, though - he certainly did enough else in his miserable life to deserve the complete and utter loathing of honorable veterans everywhere.

This is a duplicate topic - please continue the discussion on the one that's already ongoing here:
http://www2.swiftvets.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=12783

Thanks,

Jaynie59 wrote:
I read that thread before I registered.
It's long, though and I didn't see the answer I was looking for.

Could you direct me to the post that does answer the question I have? That thread is now 18 pages long.

I feel like an idiot. I've been defending you guys for months on another message board, I come and registered and my first post gets locked before I can even reply to two replies.

You shoudn't be so defensive.

Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:
I apologize if you think I was being defensive and you shouldn't feel like an idiot.

I am just trying to keep duplicate topics off of the board.

Please feel free to post your questions to the thread in question - someone will answer you.

Now, I'm going to lock this one, as well and delete them both in a while - we try to keep duplicate threads at a minimum so that we can have a wide range of Swift and POW-related topics on the first page of this forum.

Nothing punitive about it - just housekeeping. Wink

Jaynie59 wrote:
Hey admin

Deleted by another Admin: Please refrain from commenting on matters relating to the administration of this forum. If you have a complaint/observation/suggestion, please direct it to a moderator or administrator via private message (PM).

John Kerry committed treason. That is without question. It can NOT be denied. Kerry admitted it himself.

What I want to know is if that discharge letter on his web site is just a normal discharge letter that every sailor got, or if it is proof that Kerry got other than an honorable discharge before that.

This seemed to be the "smoking gun" that would blow Kerry away. But nothing. Nobody cares. I can understand the mainstream media not caring, considering how the Swiftees have been ignored by them, and how the Swiftees have been lied about for months now. It is truly shocking how the media has treated the Swift Boat Vets. Unbelieveably shocking.

So Navy, do me a favor, don't lock this thread. I'm lazy and I waited until today to register. But I'm one of your biggest defenders, and there is still 10 days left.

Kerry can't win. Just seeing that man take the oath of office would be a travesty.

LewWaters wrote:
Jaynie, as I told you in PMs, several of us have stated our own discharges did not involve a review of a board of officers. I even offered to scan and send you my own discharge orders showing that no review was to be done, in March of '77.

My website page builder is unavailable right now (what I get for being cheap and getting free web space, I guess) so I can't post them there and link to them.

The letter on Kerry's webpage do not prove he received a dishonorable or any other less than honorable discharge, it just raises lots of questions. That is why we wish he would sign SF 180 to open his records to public review, as Bush has done.

Only then would we know if it's a smoking gun or not.

ohanakat wrote:
Jaynie59 wrote:
John Kerry committed treason. That is without question. It can NOT be denied. Kerry admitted it himself.

So, what else is important here? You already stated the relevant facts.

Kat

mtboone wrote:
Jaynie, since you just signed on today and you have had two problems with Admin, I tend to think you might be a troll. If it turns out that I am mistaken, I will post an apology to you. I am from Missouri and it is the Show Me State and I hope you show us.

Hondo
LCDR

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chief:

I will adjust my posting when I have seen sufficient proof - here or elsewhere - to convince me I have good reason to do so.

I will grant you one point. Earlier today, I determined (after finally finding a complete and searchable version of the US code effective prior to 1994) that you are most probably right concerning 2x nonselection. The requirement for a reserve officer to be in active status for promotion consideration does indeed seem to predate the Reserve Officer Personnel Act, which became effective in 1996 and which established the requirement for each service to maintain a Reserve Active Status List (RASL). However, while the specific requirement for each service to maintain a formal RASL was indeed first mandated by ROPMA, the law in effect in the mid-1970s (10 USC 5891) seems to have required a USNR officer to be in active status for consideration for promotion. I say "most probably" above only because I have been unable to find a copy of the US Code as of 1976 or 1977 (the time frame when a USNR LT with DOR the same as Kerry would normally have been considered for promotion to LCDR). However, the amendments to 10 USC 5891 between 1976 and 1994 don't seem to have altered it materially.

I am not yet convinced, however, that a discharge upgrade is the ONLY POSSIBLE explanation for Kerry's receipt of an honorable discharge in 1978. IMO, I think it is still possible that a different board action - perhaps one allowed by 10 USC 6410, which allowed the SecNav, at his option, to convene a board to discharge officers from the USNR to allow for flow of promotion. IMO, a special elimination board convened at the order of the SecNav to purge nonparticipating USNR officers remains a possibility - especially if the SecNav ordered all reserve officers in inactive status to be returned to active status for the purpose of consideration by such a board. I believe the SecNav would have the authority to this. 10 USC 1162 and 10 USC 1163 would provide appropriate legal authority for any officer with 3 or mores years of service discharged as the result of such a special elimination board.

Again, I hope you're right, Chief. I'd love to see PROOF that Kerry did the "discharge flip-flop" (e.g., received a "bad" discharge before he received a "good" one). I've come to the conclusion that one of the two possibilities I though likely to explain Kerry's discharge probably isn't the case after all. Show me that the other one can't be the case either, and I just might be convinced.

Of course, a photocopy of an Kerry discharge from earlier than 1978 that wasn't an honorable discharge would also be sufficient. Preferable, even.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For Jaynie59 or any one else interested in comparisons, copies of my own discharge orders are now posted at

Swiftboat Archives
NavyChief
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hondo wrote:
Chief:

I will adjust my posting when I have seen sufficient proof - here or elsewhere - to convince me I have good reason to do so.

I will grant you one point. Earlier today, I determined (after finally finding a complete and searchable version of the US code effective prior to 1994) that you are most probably right concerning 2x nonselection. The requirement for a reserve officer to be in active status for promotion consideration does indeed seem to predate the Reserve Officer Personnel Act, which became effective in 1996 and which established the requirement for each service to maintain a Reserve Active Status List (RASL). However, while the specific requirement for each service to maintain a formal RASL was indeed first mandated by ROPMA, the law in effect in the mid-1970s (10 USC 5891) seems to have required a USNR officer to be in active status for consideration for promotion. I say "most probably" above only because I have been unable to find a copy of the US Code as of 1976 or 1977 (the time frame when a USNR LT with DOR the same as Kerry would normally have been considered for promotion to LCDR). However, the amendments to 10 USC 5891 between 1976 and 1994 don't seem to have altered it materially.

I am not yet convinced, however, that a discharge upgrade is the ONLY POSSIBLE explanation for Kerry's receipt of an honorable discharge in 1978. IMO, I think it is still possible that a different board action - perhaps one allowed by 10 USC 6410, which allowed the SecNav, at his option, to convene a board to discharge officers from the USNR to allow for flow of promotion. IMO, a special elimination board convened at the order of the SecNav to purge nonparticipating USNR officers remains a possibility - especially if the SecNav ordered all reserve officers in inactive status to be returned to active status for the purpose of consideration by such a board. I believe the SecNav would have the authority to this. 10 USC 1162 and 10 USC 1163 would provide appropriate legal authority for any officer with 3 or mores years of service discharged as the result of such a special elimination board.

Again, I hope you're right, Chief. I'd love to see PROOF that Kerry did the "discharge flip-flop" (e.g., received a "bad" discharge before he received a "good" one). I've come to the conclusion that one of the two possibilities I though likely to explain Kerry's discharge probably isn't the case after all. Show me that the other one can't be the case either, and I just might be convinced.

Of course, a photocopy of an Kerry discharge from earlier than 1978 that wasn't an honorable discharge would also be sufficient. Preferable, even.

Thanks, Hondo.

I'd just like to get the 2x non-select off the table as this was not the case. Unfortunately I have more inside information regarding this but can't share at this time -- something about exclusivity (yada yada). It should become clear in time.

- Chief
dmackto
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG CHIEF you have done it to me again!

All ready for bed, checking the boards one last time and slipped right in there innocent as can be is this big giant teaser from you that will keep me up for hours!

This is no time for ease and comfort. It is the time to dare and endure.
- Winston Churchill
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
PowerPro
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chief,

What a truly cruel individual you are!!!!! Laughing

I can't wait though... But it looks like I'll have to!

Laughing

Thank you SBVs & POWs FT! Your service to this country is incalculable!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 19 of 30

Jump to: