SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

O'Donnell Revisited
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sround
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard an explanation -- NOT an apology!

Rolling Eyes

Mission Accomplished!!
DaveL
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sround wrote:
I heard an explanation -- NOT an apology!

I heard neither an explanation as to why it was not stopped (kill the mike), nor did I hear an apology!
4moreyears
Former Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's my letter...where's yours?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Joe,

I wrote the show on Friday to express my compleete displeasure with Lawrence O'Donnell. I'm gratified to see that MSNBC fathoms the depths to which curteous political discourse has descended. Unfortunately the apology coming from Pat Buchanan for a curiously and conveniently mute O'Donnell falls pitefully short of a cure for the insanity which was on public display this past Friday. Is O'Donnell such a lowly creature that he couldn't bring himself to apologize for himself? Is he such a coward that he needed to hide behind Pat and have Pat do the public mia culpa speech? Pat should have refused to clean up the mess that was dumped on the American public by O'Donnell.

Lastly...I did not hear an apology to Mr. John O'Neill. Your station has become a stooge for the DNC. O'Donnell is your puppet master, you should refer to him as "MSNBC Senior Political Analyst and Head Puppet Master". He has deprived the American electorate from hearing and learning the truth from an intelligent, articulate and patriotic American.

Sincerely,

------ ------
DaveL
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also can't believe that MSNBC thought that O'Donnell was disrespectful to the viewers, but no mention of the horrible disrespect shown to John O'Neill as guest. Disgusting!
Tobette
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John O'neill deserves a public apology from O'Donnell as well as all the viewers who were insulted by that hateful, disrespectful act toward a Real American Hero. That lame excuse of an apology from Pat Buchanan makes O'Donnell look even more foolish if he doesn't come out with one himself.
sround
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.michellemalkin.com/

YES, BUT WHERE WAS THE APOLOGY?
By Michelle Malkin · October 25, 2004 11:10 PM
So, Pat Buchanan--substituting for Joe Scarborough again on MSNBC--read a prepared statement jtonight regarding Lawrence O'Donnell's abominable behavior toward John O'Neill last week. "Lawrence O'Donnell is and has been a valued contributor," Buchanan said, however he "crossed the line" and was "disrespectful to you the viewer."

What about how he behaved toward O'Neill?!? Not a word. O'Donnell's insults "did nothing to forward the debate," Buchanan read further.

And the punishment?

"We have spoken with him and he agrees," Buchanan said, and we can "assure you this will not happen again."

Where was the weasel O'Donnell? He didn't bother to show his hate-curdled face. "S-O-R-R-Y" is just not a part of his venomous vocabulary. He puts the "ass" in character assassin.

Shame.

Mission Accomplished!!
Chuck54
PO1

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will accept that ridiculous "apology" if MSNBC will play all of Stolen Honor this saturday night. I will bet that Oneill and gang would accept it as well under that condition.

Zell Miller
sround
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chuck54

Brilliant! Absolutely. Very Happy

Mission Accomplished!!
eziek
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 3:41 am    Post subject: Contrition suggestion Reply with quote

O'Donnell should be forced to READ UFC and then journalistically DISPROVE one point
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 3:59 am    Post subject: Re: Contrition suggestion Reply with quote

eziek wrote:
O'Donnell should be forced to READ UFC and then journalistically DISPROVE one point

The "Truth" would drive him over a cliff.
wpage
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did't hear an apology. Evidently Lawrence O'donnell is too much of a coward to face the facts or he has sold his soul to the devil. That he "agreed" he had gone over the line is just not good enough for me.
Has even been in the Cub Scouts or anything?
www.thebattleofkontum.com
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wpage wrote:
I did't hear an apology. Evidently Lawrence O'donnell is too much of a coward to face the facts or he has sold his soul to the devil. That he "agreed" he had gone over the line is just not good enough for me.
Has even been in the Cub Scouts or anything?

Cub Scouts? I think he was an altar boy.
wmnewton
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's what I emailed about the "apology".

Joe,

The prepared statement that Pat read tonight regarding Larry's behavior Friday was lame and insulting. There was no apology to John O'Neill who was the target of all of Larry's insults. Pat indicated that it was an important subject but Larry pretty much prevented John from talking at all. I think you owe your viewers an opportunity to hear John O'Neill without the screaming idiot. Anything less will not atone for the ill treatment of your viewers and Mr. O'Neill. I really wanted to hear what he had to say and a discussion of facts...not some tirade. I am tired of all of this screaming down of someone and calling it a discussion. If I wanted that, I would be watching Jerry Springer and if I see it again on your show, I will be watching Gretta from then on.

When do you plan to have John O'Neill back so we can hear what he has to say?

Wayne Newton
4moreyears
Former Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not apologizing to O'Neill is adding insult to injury...and Pat was unwittingly complicite in that.
kman
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nomorelies wrote:
He only apologized to the viewers.
NOT GOOD ENOUGH

I agree. He totally disrespected a guest. This outrageous behavior comes on the heels of denigrating Bush's (and others’) religious beliefs and smearing Cheney’s daughter. The man is ill and has no business in front of a microphone.

That display was the most unprofessional, juvenile stunt I’ve ever seen on grown up TV—and I’m a talking head junkie with pretty thick skin.

I will change the channel every time I see his face and will write NBC telling them as much. Not that it really matters. Their viewership is so low that it’s practically a public service announcement anyway.

Time to move Pat and Joe to FOX.

Kman
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: