SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vietnam War CNOs

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PhuCat to Phu Quoc
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 9:40 am    Post subject: Vietnam War CNOs Reply with quote

Me#1You#10 wrote:
How does a Ltjg with approximately 2 months of service in-country wrangle an interview with the Navy CNO?...and the MACV commander? (that's a supposition on my part...not sure of their actual Command assignments at that time...please correct if you know)

Admiral Zumwalt was Commander Naval Forces Vietnam (COMNAVFORV) at the time John Kerry, and I, served in-country.

Chiefs of Naval Operation Vietnam War Years
David Lamar McDonald Aug. 1, 1963 – Aug. 1, 1967
Thomas Hinman Moorer Aug. 1, 1967 – July 1, 1970
Elmo Russell Zumwalt, Jr. Jul. 1, 1970 – Jul. 1, 1974
James L. Holloway III July 1, 1974 – June 30, 1978

The interesting thing about Zoomie is that he was jumped past senior admirals, bypassing the typical prior assignments such as C7F or C6F, COMNAVAIRLANT or COMNAVAIRPAC, CINCLANTFLT or CINPACFLT.

See - http://www.chinfo.navy.mil/navpalib/people/cno/cno-list.html

Did Jane Fonda help the North Vietnamese communists?
http://vikingphoenix.com/politics/polls/jfondapoll-1.htm
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the clarification Phu...and I subsequently learned that Kerry had NO part in the instigation of those meetings as his rhetoric on the subject would have an unwitting reader believe.

Just another Kerry manipulation of the facts in order to embellish his political CV. Look how he presents it on his website...

Quote:
January 22, 1969 – Kerry and other Swift boat commanders travel to Saigon for meeting with Adm. Elmo Zumwalt, Commander Naval Forces Vietnam (COMNAVFORV), and Gen. Creighton Abrams, Commander United States Military Assistance Command Vietnam (COMUSMACV)

Kerry Service Record

Sounds pretty impressive, no? Would it not be a fair assumption on the part of an interested reader that Kerry was, somehow, instrumental in the arrangement of that meeting?

Not surprisingly, he neglects to point out that both Abrams and Zumwault, at the time, were, apparently, conducting meetings with several (perhaps all?) of the Swiftboat divisions in support of the newly conceived "Sealord" strategy of operations. I know of at least one (Coastal 13) that makes mention of their own meeting with Zumwault and Abrams in their Jan '69 newsletter.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: