SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry and his relationship to the VVAW
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sparky
Former Member

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I didn't say that all of Kerry's files were released.

Ohhhhh, ok. Then I think that still unavailable would be reports that he reported to the FBI those things. Or that he knew there were FBI infiltrators in the group (and considering the history of the FBI in the COINTEL program, it may have been the FBI plants proposing those crimes).

It's silly to think that Kerry was part of a plot to murder Senators. Until I hear more outside of Freeperland or SBVT-land, I'm going to give it as much attention as Clinton murdering small children.
sparky
Former Member

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I wonder if you people felt this strongly about Clinton's draft dodging?"

Respectable and honorable activities:

Protesting a war you conclude is immoral (Clinton, Kerry)
Fighting in a war you believe to be moral (Kerry, McCain, Hagel)

Ignoble and despicable activities:
Avoiding a war you think others should fight (All prominent Republicans except the two above)

Here's a good list showing what hypocrites most GOP leaders are:

http://www.awolbush.com/whoserved.html
Greenhat
LCDR

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparky wrote:
Quote:
I didn't say that all of Kerry's files were released.

Ohhhhh, ok. Then I think that still unavailable would be reports that he reported to the FBI those things. Or that he knew there were FBI infiltrators in the group (and considering the history of the FBI in the COINTEL program, it may have been the FBI plants proposing those crimes).

It's silly to think that Kerry was part of a plot to murder Senators. Until I hear more outside of Freeperland or SBVT-land, I'm going to give it as much attention as Clinton murdering small children.

Nobody said he was part of the plot. Even those who were clearly stated he voted against it. BUT IT WAS HIS DUTY AS A CITIZEN AND A NAVAL OFFICER TO REPORT THAT MEETING. Are you really that dense? The rest of your crap? Is just chaff as you attempt to hide the fact that Kerry didn't perform his duty. But we are supposed to believe he will as President of the United States? Give me a break.
Greenhat
LCDR

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparky wrote:

Protesting a war you conclude is immoral (Kerry)
Fighting in a war you believe to be moral (Kerry)

No different from Benedict Arnold.
sparky
Former Member

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't realize that Benedict Arnold was a protester! Did the loyalists lobby, march and carry signs back then?
95 bxl
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparky wrote:
"I wonder if you people felt this strongly about Clinton's draft dodging?"

Respectable and honorable activities:

Protesting a war you conclude is immoral (Clinton, Kerry)
Fighting in a war you believe to be moral (Kerry, McCain, Hagel)

Ignoble and despicable activities:
Avoiding a war you think others should fight (All prominent Republicans except the two above)

Here's a good list showing what hypocrites most GOP leaders are:

http://www.awolbush.com/whoserved.html

Wonderful. You supported Clinton, who never set foot in uniform and lied to escape serving his country in ANY military capacity, but you grovel at the feet of a self-admitted war-criminal.

So, in fact, you chose to ignore Dole's far-superior-to-anything-Kerry-ever-did record, and vote for Clinton... because Dole's record was of absolutely no importance to you leftists during that election.

Now, all of a sudden, Bush's military record becomes the alleged centerpiece of your support for the war criminal, and you somehow think THIS election should have a different set of values to be judged by.

sparky, you have the finest set of situational ethics and self-delusion I have ever known. And that serves as yet another reason to reject Kerry.

Congratulations.
sparky
Former Member

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right. I supported Clinton following his conscience. We'll just have to agree to disagree as to which was more honorable: fighting in an immoral war or protesting it.

But when it comes to hypocrisy and complete cowardice, ducking out of a war you support beats it all. Bush seened to consider the situation ethical for him to stay home and let others do the fighting. Different people, different situations, different ethics.
Greenhat
LCDR

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparky wrote:
I didn't realize that Benedict Arnold was a protester! Did the loyalists lobby, march and carry signs back then?

Assisting the enemy seems to qualify as protesting in your eyes.
Jeremy Eaton
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greenhat wrote:
sparky wrote:

Assisting the enemy seems to qualify as protesting in your eyes.

Dissent is okay in MY America. Your idea of who "the enemy" is and mine may differ.
boatsturley
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This "Kerry says he resigned from the VVAW right after the Kansas City metting" is false. Kerry also claims he resigned in December of 1971...then he says he forgets. This guy keeps records and journals like you wouldn't believe. He doesn't forget anything unless it suits him to. Furthermore he was still affiliated and spokesman for the VVAW through April 22, 1972. That is a matter of record which the left press doesn't want to reveal. Every since this campaign started and we began debunking this Pretender his website has been altered, claims and records disappearing and bacik-pedalling on various admissions, statements and records of his testimony. He would have us believe that he wasn't an officer in the Navy Reserves at the time he was meeting with enemy delegations in France in 1970, but records released [before he got them altered] show that he was still a sworn officer in the Navy Reserves until his discharge in 1978. He wasn't a LT in 1970, he was a Junior Grade LT. He was promoted in the reserves several years later, before his discharge. Want a copy of the 1986 release? Just e-mail me and I'll send you a copy, which includes the duration of time he has conveniently removed from his website. Look up the 14th Amendment section 3 with this information and figure for yourself if this guy should even be a Senator. Read the part about "sworn officer of the United States..." carefully. I've argued harder cases in court and won, and I was only a citizen's advocate. If you go through his career and public statements he has often increminated himself. If you want some really disgusting prrof of his contributions to the communist cause in Vietnam and elsewhere just do some research of the communist DAILY WORLD during his anti-American activities. As for the Kansas City meeting and his not reporting it to authorities, he was a sworn officer of the United States Navy and duty bound to report it. That he did not is grounds for criminal charges for capricious acts against the United States of America. There are no cracks for him to crawl into or ways to hide his activities. He is only a war hero in his own mind. Go see who's names appear on the Swift Boat in the Museum in DC...only Kerry's and Sander's appear. On our Memorial Boat in San Diego our KIAs are listed. Some served our Country, a few served themselves. And I don't know any other Swiftie who has 35MM film of himself running through the jungle in full battle garb. [obviously staged for future political campaigns] He wears a bomber jacket. Hell, it was 100 degrees and blazing or pouring rain. Most Swifties I know wore as little as possible, donning flac-jackets & helmets under fire and little else. Not much protection the rest of the uniform. And only if the boat was disabled would it be beached amidst a firefight. HanoiJohn "The Pretender" Kerry is a self inflated blowhard with less character than any Swiftie I served with or know. And before this is over the world will know.
carpro
Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparky wrote:
Quote:
By the time the 'protesters' got out of the city every single monmument and statue in the city was defaced with profane grafitti in spray paint.

Must have been the FBI plants who permeated the antiwar movement. God knows, they were inciting much of the violence.

Prove it. Give me a link from a credible source, as you like to tell others.
ROTC DAD
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 1:38 pm    Post subject: What point are you trying to make? Reply with quote

boatsturley,

You seem to believe that politicians by nature are inherently honest and do not compromise their positions now and again. What Planet do you live on?

Because Kerry may or may not have hedged on things he said after the Vietnam War and since does not make him any less of a hero during the War. He earned his medals. That is indisputable. If you choose to attack him for having opinions different than yours - fine. If you choose to attack him because you believe he is not the best representative for the US - fine. But arguing that he is somehow a traitor because he didn't report a meeting of Vietnam Vets he went to is ridiculous.

Kerry served honorably and with valor. What he did or didn't do 30 years ago after he returned shouldn't matter. If it does, then we have to ask where was Bush 30 years ago? Why can't he prove where he was for a year, not just his Guard duty but also in the campaign he was suppoedly helping to run. A little known story but one that now becomes an issue is that Bush was incapable of even showing up and doing the minor functions he was assigned in the campaign he was supposedly helping to run.

Do we want to choose our leaders based on what they did 30 years ago? If yes, then you have to ask the same questions of both.
ROTC DAD
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 1:45 pm    Post subject: 95 bxl - Try the Truth; it will set you free! Reply with quote

95 bxl,

You argue that Sparky is using situational ethics by backing Kerry over Bush because of his military record. I find that laughable as the question of military records is one that was brought up by this group to discredit Kerry's military service.

As always, the problem with your arguement is that you think no one will notice that you attack Kerry's military record and then disparage anyone who might use the same tactic against Bush. If you are going to attack Kerry on his military record, don't cry fowl when Bush's comes under the same scrutiny.

As for why Sparky is going to vote for Kerry over Bush, neither you nor I can read his mind and say it has or does not have anything to do with military records. So shut up and think before you mouth off.
Greenhat
LCDR

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 3:43 pm    Post subject: Re: What point are you trying to make? Reply with quote

ROTC DAD wrote:
Because Kerry may or may not have hedged on things he said after the Vietnam War and since does not make him any less of a hero during the War.

What part of "Commissioned Naval Officer" do you not understand? Your user name indicates you have a child in ROTC? Before they take their commissioning oath? Make sure they understand the implications of that oath better than John F. Kerry did.

Quote:
He earned his medals.

Medals aren't earned. They are awarded. If they were earned, Bob Howard would possess 3 Medal of Honors, and LBJ would never have received a medal at all.

Quote:
If you choose to attack him for having opinions different than yours - fine. If you choose to attack him because you believe he is not the best representative for the US - fine. But arguing that he is somehow a traitor because he didn't report a meeting of Vietnam Vets he went to is ridiculous.

DUTY, HONOR, COUNTRY. Ridiculous? No, it is the code that servicemembers live by or they shouldn't be in the service.

Quote:
Kerry served honorably and with valor.

Honorable Officers don't meet with the enemy.

Quote:
Do we want to choose our leaders based on what they did 30 years ago? If yes, then you have to ask the same questions of both.

No problem. Do you have any evidence that President Bush ever met with any representatives of North Vietnam or the People's Liberation Front while holding a commission in the Texas Air National Guard? Do you have any evidence that President Bush attended a meeting in which the assassination of US Senators was discussed?
ROTC DAD
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 4:58 pm    Post subject: I don't even know how to reply to this one! Reply with quote

Greenhat,

Look, I know you don't like Kerry. It doesn't matter if you do or don't,except when you get into the voting booth. Just quit trying to make an issue out of something which isn't.

Earned - Awarded. You're correct; he was awarded his medals, meaning that others thought that he deserved them. So your point is?

Duty, Honor, Country: I believe in the same things. As I assume do most Americans. In a Constitutional Republic such as ours, that includes the right of dissent.

But that really has nothing to do with what I said, just like your reply.

Honorable Officers meet with the enemy all the time. Sometimes on the field of battle; sometimes not. This assertion is ridiculous.

My point was about service. We know Kerry served; we assume Bush served.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: