SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Florida-Georgia game

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BenJaxBchFL
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 12:27 am    Post subject: Florida-Georgia game Reply with quote

Just got home from the game (world's largest outdoor cocktail party).
Great game. No exaggeration, Bush/Cheney stickers or buttons on people was some where around 25 to 1 over people wearing Kerry/Edwards. Of course both Georgia and Florida fans noticed this and it honestly toned down the mild hostility that usually accompanies the game. It was a great day.
The war against terrorism is not that Americans might die rather that we would alter our way of living. If we get to a point where we choose not to go out because of fear, our economy will sink and in the end so will our nation. Vote Bush.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is great news to hear. Sooooooooo ko!!!!!! Cool
3rd gen Navy
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, at least there's SOME good news to come out of the game...
BS Biology, Business Administration, Nursing
The Deal with Life: Make decisions based on what you might gain, not on what you may lose.
!!!!!! LET THE WILD RUMPUS BEGIN !!!!!!
Roon
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember when I registered to vote for the first time as an 18 year old, in Jacksonville Florida. Registering as a Republican was Unheared of then. I later married the nephew of a well known Jacksonville Elected Democrat. I wasn't sure my father was going to allow me to marry a Democrat nor his family a Republican (but my father was a fan of the Uncle). Then Regan came around and the Uncle admitted publically that he'd vote any day for a man as wonderful as Ronald Regan. Time passed, the Democratic elected official was elected to a very high office in Jacksonville as a Democrat but changed to Republican after being elected. Now all we hear from the family and other friends in Jacksonville is how wonderful life is as a Republican.

My experience as a college student was similar. The voting at that time was done by location by party. The Democratic voting poll was on campus and the Republican poll was across town and I didn't have a car. I noticed during the Rathergate story, one of the Vice Presidents of the college who was an elected Democrat is now an elected Republican.

I'm so glad it finally became ok to be a Republican in the South!

PS Now live in Georgia (hubby went to FSU) only time I ever pull for Florida is during the Florida/Georgia game.
BenJaxBchFL
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roon, that's a great story and so true. I am a native Jacksonvillian and I remember no one registered but Democrat. I am 48 now. Who was the well known elected official?
The war against terrorism is not that Americans might die rather that we would alter our way of living. If we get to a point where we choose not to go out because of fear, our economy will sink and in the end so will our nation. Vote Bush.
Roon
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BenJaxBchFL wrote:
Roon, that's a great story and so true. I am a native Jacksonvillian and I remember no one registered but Democrat. I am 48 now. Who was the well known elected official?

Sent you a private message with the name. The funny part of that story is that a group of Republicans changed parties for the primary to make sure he was the Democratic candidate. Once he won the Primary, they changed back to the Republican party and he was elected. Lot of stink about it at the time. As mother always said, "Where there's a will, there's a way!"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: