SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

LET NOT YOUR HEARTS BE TROUBLED...GET OFF YOUR A**!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swctexas
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 5:56 pm    Post subject: LET NOT YOUR HEARTS BE TROUBLED...GET OFF YOUR A**! Reply with quote

I'm getting sick of the poll lamenting on this board. Chief is working hard.
Stolen Honor and the SwiftVet ads are running everywhere.

If you are troubled, get off your asses and do something. There's a Democrat on every corner who can be handed a flier.

When wallowing in self-doubt, follow John O'Neil's example and do something outside yourself.

Every person on this board can affect this election.

This afternoon, my teenage kids and I are heading to Reliant Stadium with 2000 copies of the Democrats for Bush flier (as many as I could afford to run) and put them on car windshields. Sure we are not in a swing state, but the popular votes are important too.

The single most accurate poll, correctly predicting 11 of the last 12 presidential elections (since 1956!) is the Weekly Reader poll started in 1956. It is a true reflection of America as children and grand-children are likely to reflect the view of their parents and grandparents.

Though it's percentages are often skewed, it has been more accurate than Gallup, Zogby, etc.

THIS YEAR'S WEEKLY READER POLL SHOWS BUSH WINNING 65% to 35%!

Unless since the last election most of the left-wing children have moved to France or unless 1/2 of the other side has suddenly come out of the closet or killed their kids, it will be accurate again.

This other crap is just that. CRAP.

Heads down. Face the wind. Step forward with confidence and return George Bush to the White House.

We have no choice and nothing to fear!

Follow the example of the leaders on this board. Put the computer down for awhile, go outside and DO SOMETHING TO AFFECT THIS ELECTION!

SWC

Last edited by swctexas on Sun Oct 31, 2004 6:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
swctexas
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 6:05 pm    Post subject: Another Suggestion Reply with quote

Get a copy of "Unfit for Command" or a DVD of Stolen Honor. Go to the mall and put it on the windshield of a car with a Kerry/Edwards sticker with a nice note asking them to just take a look!

We don't need an October Surprise. The SwiftVets have given us everything we need to prove this jack a s s as the traitor he is.

GO OUTSIDE YOUR HOUSE AND DO SOMETHING!
LSU Engineer
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL - In other words, "Let Not Your A**es Be Troubled"
swctexas
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 6:17 pm    Post subject: You're Right Reply with quote

YOUR RIGHT LSU!

LET NOT OUR A**ES BE TROUBLED

BY THE WAY....GIG EM' AGGIES!

SWC
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yah, that's a good ol' Texas version of a pep talk! Wink

This is one of the most difficult aspects of living on this board - the ups and downs. We knew there would be ups and downs and we've tried to discourage hysteria in either direction.

There has been a moratorium declared on pessimism, gloom and doom, negativity in general on these forums. Everyone gets down every now and then - persistent pessimism is contagious, though - just human nature.

Don't you think the other side just drools and gloats every time they see negativity here? Think about that when you want to share your misery. Wink

We're doing fine!

I just heard Newt Gingrinch say that if you look at the last 40 years of polling data, Democrats go up over the weekend and by Thursday, Republicans are back up.

Don't trust the polls.

The polls can deceive you into thinking that we're so far behind that your one little vote doesn't matter.

They can deceive you into thinking that we're so far ahead that your one little vote doesn't matter.

Make it an inviolable rule that you will vote, no matter what.

If you can print flyers and distribute them in your neighborhood, go for it! If you can help getting people to the polls on Tuesday, volunteer! If you can make coffee runs for the local campaign headquarters, call them up!

Being around a bunch of like-minded people will lift your spirits and motivate you.

Do what you CAN do, in your own way.

Kerry is losing - pray for it - picture it - visualize it - then, know it's true and work on, happy in the knowledge that you're contributing what you can to our democratic system and that somehow, you ARE making a difference!
Trickworm
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't believe these polls period. The percentages have changed 10-12 points back and forth in just the last two weeks. Bush was up 5-6 percent in most polls last week. Now he is in a dead heat with Kerry?

DONT BELIEVE IT PEOPLE! That is nothing but the media trying to influence the turn out. A major voter turn out is a bigger story than who wins! They get more mileage out of it and it gives them more fuel to beat their chests about their predictions!

I am retired and I plan to spend the entire day Tuesday riding around my county (after I vote) with pro Bush signs and decals on my truck. But more importantly, I intend to make it obvious by my clothing and my vehicle that I am a veteran. If all of us just go to the polls and just vote, then our votes will count just the same. But if all of us go sporting attire that reflects that we are veterans, the media cannot pass up the opportunity to interview some of us that are obviously voting concious and not political spin.

Get your ball caps out with insignias and put your military pins on etc. and let everyone know that veterans are voting! Call your veterans groups and tell them to look like veterans when they go to vote. Let America know that we remember!
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moving to Geedunk

Thanks
swctexas
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 6:24 pm    Post subject: Let's Not Start Reviewing Polls Again! Reply with quote

Let's don't turn this thread into another review of polls.

Mr. O'Neil is not sitting on his butt this afternoon reading polls! He's out doing everything he can to get the message out!

WE CAN TOO!

I hope my kids and I get arrested this afternoon. We will be polite and do nothing to intentionally break the law, but I hope we get press!

I will take pictures and post them somewhere and get you a link!

GO IN YOUR PAJAMAS!

JUST DO SOMETHING! DON'T WAIT FOR AN OCTOBER SURPRISE.

BE THE OCTOBER SURPRISE!

SWC
teach-u
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swctexas,
Another Aggie!!!
Gig 'em is right!
What class are you?
My husband is class of 90.

It's all over but the crying...
I'm confident Kerry will lose (and I live in a heavy Kerry area,California).
I've lost many "friends" here over the past two years, since my husband went to Iraq and they tried to console me with patronizing comments about how Bush jumped the gun, they're so sorry he had to go over to fight this stupid war. I realized they just don't and never will know what it's all about. I've done what I can to call people on their empty rhetoric and callus insults to our CinC and the men and women serving under him. I've broken our bonds of friendship by saying that if you don't support this noble mission then you don't support the troops or their families, and I'd rather have nothing to do with you.

Sorry, this has been a personal note, what I really want to say is that the Swifties and the members of this board have taken the sting out of losing those faux friends and given me comfort that many people across this nation know what duty, honor, and sacrifice really mean. Thanks for letting me be a part of that here.

In my small way I have tried to make a difference by making people who make flailing comments about Bush, the military, and our mission step up to the plate and explain themselves, remind them that their comments and words have impact and we must be responsible for what we say (that's pretty hard in the land of fruits and nuts) and it's a tireless endeavor, but my mission is just to show people you must have some sense of shame about your words. ---Kerry didn't and that's why it hurts so much to see it continue.
msindependent
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. I have wondered about the up & down or rollercoaster emotions here too. I'm no shrink, but vets are coming out and speaking for the first time in 30 years. Perhaps it's a normal part of the recovery process. Whatever it is, it doesn't matter, now they have tons of people on their side. Don't listen to the media, we all know they are playing head games. Get your butts out there, you have two days left. Kerry is toast.
swctexas
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We went to Reliant Stadium. My kids were like "STEALTH" campaigners. We put two thousand Democrats for Bush flyers on cars. Over 300 of them had Kerry/Edwards stickers.

Did we make a difference? Who knows. Texas is not a swing state.

Did it beat lamenting?

You bet.

DO SOMETHING....EVERYONE....DO SOMETHING TODAY!

SWC
Digger
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 9:01 pm    Post subject: Amen, Amen and Amen Reply with quote

I'd go out but I'm living in the middle of solid Bush country. Every one I know is either a vet or a relative of a vet. There are a lot of retired Marines up here so anything I could say would only be preaching to the choir. I don't worry about the outcome of this election in the least. As far as I am concerned, it's a foregone conclusion that GWB will be our president for the next four years. True faith is "Courage in the face of adversity". That's what makes a soldier. Very Happy

Sgt. Maj. Seamus D.D. MacNemi R.M.C. Ret.
Kimmymac
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to a Halloween party last night and so let my daughter (19) have a *small* party for her friends here. Yeah, right. Need to talk to girl about what *small* means to her.

Anyway, she ended up with about 125 kids. ("Small" to me is like, 5 people) She looped the DVD to play Farenhype 9/11 on one TV and Stolen Honor on another. Of course the kids had the stereo blasting away. After awhile they killed the stereo and turned up the sound on the two TVs.

Anyway, most of these kids were blown away. Some very angry; felt like they had been duped by the Kerrorists. Net result is probably 15 votes for Bush by kids that were just not going to vote, and 10 or so former Kerry voters not going to vote at all.

So it is worth the fact they trampled my flower beds and trashed my floor.

I know Texas is not a swing state, but it is where we are. We do what we can, where we can, with what we can.

LET NOT YOUR ASSES BE TROUBLED? Nahh..there better be some very troubled asses out there tonight...it's the ELEPHANTS that need not fear!
ProudDaughterofVet
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Razz The other threads have many pep talks..and 99.9% of us are fine. Some are new to the election process are do not understand polling and the bias behind them, nor do they understand the media bias. That is what we are all here for. I myself, have worked many many elections..and I know the "butterflies" no matter who is ahead can set in pretty hard. However, too much info, too much watching news can give you overload really quickly. Screw the polls right now. I am done looking at them.

If you are in one of those "swing states"..do whatever you can..call your family, friends, make sure they are voting. If not, convince them it is crucial that they take a stand. If you can, volunteer at your local headquarters..they WILL take your help even at this late date. Keep the faith, ignore the naysayers here. Take some peeps to the polls, you would be surprised how some do not have a ride! You can make a diff, we must make a diff..and we already have..

Word of Advice, as a veteren of many political campaigns..tomorrow will have your head spinning..it will go by quickly, the media will be all over the map doing all they can to get Kerry elected..but in the end, they know as we do..Bush will crush Kerry..but only if we continue to do our part. DO NOT LOOK AT ANY POLLS TOMORROW..ignore Kerry tomorrow..and mute the Dems..but look at their faces, you will see the down look in their face..they know what we do..

Bush will win..he will. For the first time, no butterflies! Good sign..

PD

www.timetotakeastand.blogspot.com
MJB
LCDR

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let not your butts be troubled! You don't even have to get off of 'em to help make a differance tomorrow Wink .

Since we got news of the documented link between John Kerry, the Vietnam Veterans Against the War, the anti-war movement and the communist North Vietnamese government early this week, I’ve been encouraging readers of this board to CALL THEIR SENATORS, among others.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=41106
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=41142
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=41194

My sister used to work for a couple of congressmen on Capitol Hill. Every Representative and Senator has a process in place to receive and process constituent phone calls.

KEY POINT: For every ONE phone call they get, staffers and the congressmen assume that anywhere from 10-100 other people feel the same way, but don’t take the time to call. Sooo…since so few people actually call, in proportion to the population at large, EACH phone call can be vitally important.

I believe it would be fair to say that our calls helped Sen Majority Leader Bill Frist get in touch with NavyChief last week…correct me if I’m wrong, NC.

Email is not as effective, since their in-boxes are overflowing right now. Plus, phone calls have that personal touch….

GUIDELINES:

Be polite, be specific, be as factual as possible.

Use the links and posts on the board to muster your collection of facts and information.

DO NOT share scripts between each other – they can smell ‘em a mile off and it greatly diminishes the impact of what you’re trying to do. This is personal….

DON’T expect to get a call back – that’s not what this is about. This is about pushing for them to TAKE ACTION! We want our voices to be heard in a collective fashion, versus having them try to keep track to who to call about what issues.

DON’T expect to change minds when you call the Democratic offices. Again, that’s not the purpose (although I’d love to be a fly on the wall if any of the Democratic staffers actually go to the web sites and read the evidence…). Our purpose is to get ACTION, and numbers is one way to get this issue over the “Tipping Point” (see: Malcolm Gladwell’s book, The Tipping Point). Once it tips, the tides rush in. We need to help make the tip happen….

WHY SENATORS?

The United States Congress is one the biggest ‘Ole Boys Network around. John Kerry has been part of that club for 20 years. You can bet that many, many people do not want to get involved in anything related to our mission.

They want it to GO AWAY - and we can see it happening. They want to stall, and dance, and twist, and avoid touching this. THAT IS NOT ACCEPTABLE. They won’t rat out a fellow Senator unless extreme pressure is applied - and we are applying it!

However…power abhors a vaccum. The old military principal of "kick 'em when they're down" applies here. We need to keep kicking, and others will pile on it. If Kerry is trending negatively in the polls (and that's happening), and takes a big hit on Tuesday...let's see what happens Cool

WE ARE UNITED STATES CITIZENS. THE SENATE (and the House of Representatives) WORKS FOR US. ONE OF THEIR OWN HAS BEEN FOUND OUT. WE WANT THEM TO TAKE ACTION INDIVIDUALLY AND COLLECTIVELY. They will each be up for election one day – and the Pajamahadeen has loooong memories.

The Senate is the Big League (House members might disagree with me, but Senators get better offices!) – when they speak, the media tends to listen pretty well.

Your MARCHING ORDERS:
CALL BOTH OF YOUR STATE'S SENATORS. Republican, Democrat – doesn’t matter. You’re not debating them, you’re DEMANDING THEY TAKE ACTION on this issue.

CALL BOTH THEIR WASHINGTON D.C. OFFICES AND THEIR LOCAL CONGRESSIONAL OFFICES.

USE THIS WEB SITE TO FIND BOTH NUMBERS: http://congress.org/congressorg/home/

Congress is not in session, so don't expect them to be in Washington, D.C. They may very well be in their home districts or even in their local offices. Call both.

CALL SENATE MAJORITY LEADER (leader of the GOP's in the Senate) BILL FRIST (again. Keep up the pressure).

CALL BOTH HIS D.C. AND LOCAL TENNASSEE OFFICE:
202-224-3344
615-352-9411

THEN, CALL THE SENATE WHIP (#2 GOP man in the Senate) MITCH MCCONNELL - BOTH OFFICES
202-224-2541
502-582-6304

THEN, CALL THE WHITE HOUSE AND REGISTER YOUR DEEP CONCERN over this issue. Let the President and his team know we’re out here and we’re ANGRY.
202-456-1414

For good measure, if you're still in the mood to be feisty -

CALL SEN TED STEVEN'S (Senate President Pro Tempore - oversees the Senate when the VP isn't available) OFFICE
202-224-3004
907-271-5915

These are the key leaders in the Senate.

WE ARE UNITED STATES CITIZENS, MANY OF US VETERANS, WHO WANT ANSWERS. WE WANT TO KNOW WHAT KIND OF PERSON JOHN KERRY IS AND WHAT HE'S HIDING. WE ARE ANGRY AND WE WANT ACCOUNTABILITY FROM OUR ELECTED REPRESENTATIVES.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: