SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Behind the scenes, Kerry still a bitter man
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inatizzy
Former Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry has classic narcissistic personality disorder so, of course, he's bitter, resentful and revengeful. He's a wonderful person who's been wronged by those lying swiftees Rolling Eyes

What you have to remember is that he's damaged goods. His disorder is so great that he really believes the fantasy world that he's created around himself for the last 30 years. He has no remorse, guilt, empathy or sympathy towards anyone else. In his mind, he's the one who's the victim.

He's still dangerous as long as he's any kind of a force in politics. Even a small one. He needs to be neutralized completely.

Swiftees are the only ones who can do it. I hope and pray that after some much needed R&R they will pursue him like the hounds of hell until his record is made public and the whole world knows who he is.

I hope to read in the newspapers some day soon that in a fit of depression he has jumped off the Brooklyn Bridge. A fit ending.
USMCWayne
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not that it has a lot to do with his Vietnam tales and lies, but Fox News reported a number of weeks ago that Kerry claimed to be in the stands when the Red Sox won (or lost) a big game.

The problem was, he was never there. I think he was in another State (or country) on vacation.

As I, and you, have noted, the guy lies so much he genuinely believes what he says. I'll bet he believes his Silver Star should have been upgraded to a Medal of Honor. THEN this election would not have been stolen from him as, who in the world would vote for an idiot like Bush when I, John Fonda Kerry, am rested, tanned (albiet a bit orange tinted), and ready to serve.

After all, he deserves a MOH for his heroic actions protecting his crew, killing thousands of the enemy, saving uncounted lives, and standing up to the incompetent people above him in the chain of command.

Sounds above and beyond the call of duty to me. What say we start a letter writing campaign so Kerry can get what is really coming to him?
Inatizzy
Former Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

USMCWayne wrote:
Not that it has a lot to do with his Vietnam tales and lies, but Fox News reported a number of weeks ago that Kerry claimed to be in the stands when the Red Sox won (or lost) a big game.

The problem was, he was never there. I think he was in another State (or country) on vacation.

As I, and you, have noted, the guy lies so much he genuinely believes what he says. I'll bet he believes his Silver Star should have been upgraded to a Medal of Honor. THEN this election would not have been stolen from him as, who in the world would vote for an idiot like Bush when I, John Fonda Kerry, am rested, tanned (albiet a bit orange tinted), and ready to serve.

After all, he deserves a MOH for his heroic actions protecting his crew, killing thousands of the enemy, saving uncounted lives, and standing up to the incompetent people above him in the chain of command.

Sounds above and beyond the call of duty to me. What say we start a letter writing campaign so Kerry can get what is really coming to him?

Oh don't worry, he will get what's coming to him. In SPADES!.
Mother
Former Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 8:46 pm    Post subject: All well and good, except he's feeding the beast again! Reply with quote

My panties haven't been in a wad, my upper and lower intestines have been. They are relaxing a little bit, two days after the election. But then
I have a spastic episode every time I think about the picture at www.michaelmoore.com

Not much has changed except that Kerry has waved a surrender. The basic premise of what he began all those long years ago still lives and breathes.

Isn't there a damn law against using dead soldiers images in such a manner?
peter
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our sole purpose should be to back a candidate against him in 4 years. This is a machine that could finally finish him off.
FreeFall
LCDR

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So now Kerry goes back to being a Senator, right? When will he be up for re-election?
GiveMeFreedom
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check this out - published today in the New York Daily News:

Dish on campaign trail follies

BY TRACY CONNOR --DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

In the biggest fight of his charmed life, John Kerry swung between bewilderment and anger when things didn't go his way on the campaign trial.
"I can't believe I'm losing to this idiot," the Massachusetts Democrat sighed to a staffer when President Bush's poll numbers surged in April.

"Why the f--- didn't he take it?" he wondered when Republican Sen. John McCain refused to be his running mate a half-dozen times.

"It's a pack of f---ing lies, what they're saying about me," he shouted at an adviser as a group of Swift boat veterans stepped up attacks on his Vietnam War record while his team refused to let him respond.

Those are some of the behind-the-scenes stories from the year-long race for the White House revealed in a special Newsweek report out today. The magazine says Kerry's courtship of McCain to be his vice presidential candidate was far more intense than the public realized.

It started in August 2003, but kicked into high gear after Kerry nailed the nomination. He even offered to expand the veep's role to control defense and foreign policy. "You're out of your mind," McCain told Kerry. "I don't even know if it's constitutional, and it certainly wouldn't sell."

Kerry seemed stunned that McCain rebuffed him "after what the Bush people did to him," referring to the 2000 GOP presidential primary.

Meanwhile, in the Bush camp, chief strategist Karl Rove was baffled that Kerry managed to snag the Democratic nomination.

By the fall of 2003, he was focused on the threat posed by former Vermont Gov. Howard Dean, saying Kerry had "pissed away every advantage of the front-runner."

Rove started betting hamburgers with other White House staffers that Dean would win - and stuck to his guns even when the campaign flamed out after his screaming Iowa concession.

"Want to double your bets?" Bush needled his adviser, who insisted Dean still had the money to pull out a primary victory.

After it was clear Kerry would be Bush's challenger, the Republicans set about attacking him, hoping he would overreact - and got their wish.

An ad mocking Kerry for voting against the $87 billion appropriation was prepared as the Democrat headed to West Virginia to speak to a veterans' group.

That led a heckler to start hammering at Kerry's vote during his speech, and the candidate fell for the bait, infamously explaining he voted for the funds before voting against them.

"The second we saw it, we knew we had a new ad," Bush ad man Mark McKinnon gloated.

In another trap, W's team inserted into every speech the question whether Kerry, with the benefit of hindsight, would have supported the invasion of Iraq.

Again, Kerry fell into it, saying he still believed the decision to authorize force was the right one - allowing Bush to lampoon his answer. "We couldn't believe that he went for it," White House communications director Dan Bartlett told Time magazine.

The Bushies also were happy when Kerry referenced Vice President Cheney's lesbian daughter during a debate, Newsweek reported.

Rove was certain Kerry was trying to undermine the Christian right's support of Bush, and just as certain the ploy would backfire, making Kerry look like a politician who would say anything to get elected.

Kerry, though, wouldn't go to any lengths for political gain. When Bill Clinton advised him to back laws banning gay marriage to pick up swing voters, he demurred, telling aides, "I'm not ever going to do that."

Link: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/story/249395p-213582c.html
http://www.operationac.com
Support our Soldiers!!
Paul R.
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Fox also said he spent a lot more time than originally claimed, trying to get John McCain as his VP. When that failed, he tried to get him to accept two cabinet posts, Sec of Defence and National Security Advisor (?). McCain reportedly told him it was not legal and ended the conversation.

After McCain hung up, Kerry said, "How the f... could he have turned me down?"

I think the issue here, more than the language, is the delusion! (Yes, I know, nothing new about that.)
USAF66-70
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"I can't believe I'm losing to this idiot,"

Now that's comedy.
happyday
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I have a really dumb question. Can a sitting Senator be empeached, and if so, what has to happen for that to occur? Is there a statute of limitations on treason? In other words, how do we get the ball rolling for round two?

I'm still itching to get this traitor out of public office altogether!
Wing Wiper
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. http://www.infoplease.com/spot/impeach.html
No.
To get the ball rolling, you have to have a case that will convince Kerry's peers that he is guilty, beyond a reasonable doubt.
Dimsdale
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From Drudge on upcoming Newsweak (spelling deliberate) article on the behind the scenes events with Kerry:

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/041104/nyth186_1.html

Quote:
Press Release Source: Newsweek

NEWSWEEK ELECTION ISSUE: 'How He Did It'
Thursday November 4, 2:37 pm ET
Kerry Laments: 'I Can't Believe I'm Losing to This Idiot'
Carville Leads Clintonistas' Coups, Implores Cahill to Step Aside or He'll 'Tell The Truth' About Campaign Woes On NBC's 'Meet The Press'
Daughter Alexandra Pleads to Kerry After Locking in Nomination: 'Will You Please Appreciate This Moment for 10 Seconds?'

# NEW YORK, Nov. 4 /PRNewswire/ -- When President Bush's poll numbers surged in April after a press conference where his performance was derided by the press and the chattering classes, Democratic presidential candidate Sen. John Kerry was baffled, writes Newsweek Assistant Managing Editor Evan Thomas in an exclusive report in Newsweek's special election issue. "He said with a sigh to one top staffer, 'I can't believe I'm losing to this idiot.'"(Photo: http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/20041104/NYTH186 )

The November 15 issue "How He Did It" (on newsstands Thursday, November 4) includes an exclusive behind-the-scenes account of the entire presidential campaign reported by a separate Newsweek Special Project team that worked for more than a year on the extraordinary campaign. Highlights from the report:

The Clintonista "Coups." At several critical junctures Kerry's campaign (and the candidate himself), struggled to find sure footing. Following the missteps of August, Clinton veteran James Carville confronted Kerry campaign manager Mary Beth Cahill, telling her she had to step aside and let newly arrived Joe Lockhart run the campaign. So worked up, Carville began to cry, imploring Cahill: "You've got to let him do it." Carville continued, "Nobody can gain power without someone losing power." Carville threatened to go on "Meet the Press" the next day "and tell the truth about how bad it is" if Cahill didn't give effective control to Lockhart.

The "Outlandish" McCain Offer. Kerry's courtship of Senator John McCain to be his running mate was longer-standing and more intense than previously reported. As far back as August 2003, Kerry had taken McCain to breakfast to sound him out to run on a unity ticket. McCain batted away the idea as not serious, but Kerry, after he wrapped up the nomination in March, went back after McCain a half-dozen more times. "To show just how sincere he was, he made an outlandish offer," Newsweek's Thomas reports. "If McCain said yes he would expand the role of vice president to include secretary of Defense and the overall control of foreign policy. McCain exclaimed, 'You're out of your mind. I don't even know if it's constitutional, and it certainly wouldn't sell.'" Kerry was thwarted and furious. "Why the f--- didn't he take it? After what the Bush people did to him...'"

"A Marathon Man." Kerry's intensity on the trail rarely, if ever, faded. Moments after delivering his victory speech after wrapping up his party's nomination on March 2, Kerry was back in his motorcade and on his cell phone. "Dad," asked his daughter Alexandra. "Will you please appreciate this moment for 10 seconds?" Newsweek reports, "He mumbled yes, yes, he was happy, it was good, and then went back to working the cell phone." It occurred to his daughter Vanessa that her father did not match the media's clichi of him being a fourth-quarter player, he was a marathon man. Writes Thomas, "Kerry liked to say that 'every day is extra' after Vietnam, but actually every day was like the day before, a relentless march toward his goal."

Kerry's drive to self-perfection was boundless-sometimes to a fault. In early spring he sought counsel from Washington speech coach Michael Sheehan. With aides he would sometimes say, "Tell me everything you think I'm doing wrong." When John Sasso arrived on the campaign in September he found a candidate who had turned himself into a pincushion. "Kerry had been inviting personal criticism from pretty much anyone who had an opinion...Kerry was drowning in negative energy from all around," Thomas writes. Sasso wanted it to stop. There was to be no more direct criticism of the candidate, period. And Teresa and the daughters were not exempt, Newsweek reports.

Additional exclusive news reported in Newsweek's Special Election Issue:

Clinton Advice Spurned. Looking for a way to pick up swing voters in the Red States, former President Bill Clinton, in a phone call with Kerry, urged the Senator to back local bans on gay marriage. Kerry respectfully listened, then told his aides, "I'm not going to ever do that."

Kerry Anger Over Swift Boat Ads. By August, the attack of the Swift Boat veterans was getting to Kerry. He called adviser Tad Devine, who was prepping to appear on "Meet The Press" the next day: "It's a pack of f---ing lies, what they're saying about me," he fairly shouted over the phone. Kerry blamed his advisers for his predicament. (Cahill and Shrum argued responding to the ads would only dignify them.) He had wanted to fight back; they had counseled caution. Even Kerry's ex-wife, Julia Thorne, was very upset about the ads, she told daughter Vanessa. She could remember how Kerry had suffered in Vietnam; she had seen the scars on his body, heard him cry out at night in his nightmares. She was so agitated about the unfairness of the Swift Boat assault that she told Vanessa she was ready to break her silence, to speak out and personally answer the Swift Boat charges. She changed her mind only when she was reassured that the campaign was about to start fighting back hard.

Managing Teresa. Kerry's wife, Teresa Heinz Kerry, presented a host of behind-the-scenes drama for Kerry. Early on, the campaign staff regarded Teresa as something of a hypochondriac, and she canceled three trips in October at the last minute, usually for what was described to aides as a "nonspecific malady." Kerry's first campaign manager, James Jordan, had little patience for her strong opinions, sending emails trashing the candidate's wife...which inevitably reached his rivals within the campaign, including Bob Shrum (an old Teresa friend) and helped seal Jordan's eventual dismissal.

Later came Kerry campaign's post-convention "Sea to Shining Sea" tour: a 3,500-mile bus and train trek that was not a happy trip for Teresa. With each passing day she made less effort to hide her displeasure. Audiences were mystified when Teresa turned her back to them at daylight rallies and wore dark sunglasses and a hat at night (backstage, the candidate's wife complained of migraines and sore eyes). As they reached the climax of the tour, an hourlong "family vacation" hike in the Grand Canyon, the planned happy-family- vacation was disintegrating in plain view. Daughter Vanessa didn't enjoy being a prop, Teresa was complaining of migraines and telling her husband she couldn't walk anymore. The candidate tried to bravely soldier on, pulling his sullen wife and children to show them the magnificent condors flying overhead.

Edwards Campaigns for Veep. Hours after bowing out of the presidential nomination race on March 3, the senator from North Carolina convened a small circle of his closest advisers at his house on P Street in Georgetown. He wanted the veep nomination, Edwards told his aides, he wanted it badly, and from that moment was going to wage "a full-fledged campaign" to ensure that he got it.

Shades of Dukakis. In early August, when the Swift Boat story started to pick up steam on the talk shows, Susan Estrich, a California law professor, well-known liberal talking head and onetime campaign manager for Michael Dukakis, had called the Kerry campaign for marching orders. She had been booked on Fox's "Hannity & Colmes" to talk about the Swift Boat ads. What are the talking points? Estrich asked the Kerry campaign. There are none, she was told. Estrich was startled. She had seen this bad movie before.

Newsweek's 2004 Special Election Issue marks the magazine's sixth consecutive installment of providing a behind-the-scenes account of the entire presidential campaign. The 50,000-word inside story was written by Assistant Managing Editor Evan Thomas and edited by Special Projects Director Alexis Gelber. The project's correspondents are: Jonathan Darman (with Kerry), Kevin Peraino (with Bush) and Contributing Editors Eleanor Clift and Peter Goldman.

Is a billion dollars enough to put up with this circus?
Al_Hawaii
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Profanity, the linguistic crutch used by inarticulate Mother F...ers!!!

Viet Nam 71/72
Persian Gulf 90/91
PC
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 8:16 am    Post subject: F Reply with quote

Ah, so the Loser's middle initial F really stands for F@#k.

Quote:
"He said with a sigh to one top staffer, 'I can't believe I'm losing to this idiot.'"

He did not respect his opponent. An easy way to get your ass kicked.
grumpyBB
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read several of those articles yesterday and it really shows how much of an idiot that guy really is.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: