SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Garafolo or Why the Liberal left is losing.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GM Strong
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 3:17 pm    Post subject: Garafolo or Why the Liberal left is losing. Reply with quote

Tasteless and Mean Spirited. The LIberal left leaders support this garbage. These are the types that sKerry described as main stream at the filth filled gutter rally last year.

Garofalo: Fingers with ink comparable to Nazi salute
Actress, liberal radio host calls Republican gesture 'disgusting'

Posted: February 3, 2005
5:00 p.m. Eastern

© 2005 WorldNetDaily.com
Actress and liberal talk-radio host Janeane Garofalo is taking issue with congressional Republicans who dipped their fingers in ink for President Bush's State of the Union speech as a sign of solidarity with Iraqi voters, likening it to a Nazi salute.
Garofalo actually made the salute this morning as she provided post-speech commentary on MSNBC's "After Hours" program.
"The inked fingers was disgusting," said Garofalo, who is one of the hosts on the Air America radio network.
"The inked fingers and the position of them, which is gonna be a 'Daily Show' photo already, of them signaling in this manner [Nazi salute], as if they have solidarity with the Iraqis who braved physical threats against their lives to vote as if somehow these inked-fingered Republicans have something to do with that."
Iraqi citizens who voted in last weekend's elections dipped their fingers in colored ink to indicate they had voted.
During numerous standing ovations, television cameras showed many members of Congress displaying a finger which had been dipped in blue ink, as a sign of solidarity with the Iraqis who braved violence over the weekend to cast their ballots for the first time in a post Saddam Hussein-era.
"This blue finger is a sign of incredible courage on the part of the Iraqi people," House Majority Leader Tom DeLay said after the speech, noting the ink stays on for a week in Iraq.
Garofalo was among several guests on "After Hours," which also featured former presidential candidate Pat Buchanan, Ron Reagan, the son of the late president, and former U.S. Rep. Joe Scarborough, now a host on MSNBC.

(And a single finger salute to you too, Ms. G.)
AMOS
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 3:34 pm    Post subject: Double Reply with quote

Single finger salute? Nope, double finger.................use both hands for that dumb F.B. Do these people have nothing else to do?
Uisguex Jack
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
as if somehow these inked-fingered Republicans have something to do with that."
The fact there was an election at all that is.

Well duhh, Janine the republicans and every American who has supported the effort from the git go does have something to do with that.

You on the other hand have something to do with it as well. You have failed repeatedly to thwart any and all efforts of this administration for the last five years. No matter what the administration was doing.... good, bad or indifferent, you have attempted to thwart the effort.

Grow up.

I just found this guys blog and like it quite a bit, anyone else ever seen this guy before: http://expatyank.blogspot.com/

Quote:
In rereading the State of the Union, I was struck by the following.

Think about it. It took us enduring the sharp end of a despicable action undertaken by 19 enemy lunatics finally to cause us seriously to (to be polite) "re-assess" in societal terms the "hip" cynicism and fatuousness masquerading as idealism, of the (increasingly in hindsight) way too influential "pot-hazed" generation. Ultimately, such appears to have led to a reawakening in (at least in many of) us of the value of the best of the idealism and the more substantive outlook of our grandparents and great-grandparents.

In that, I don't mean we merely worship "the Greatest Generation". I mean we appear to understand better than we have for two generations the necessity of holding real ideals and the difficulty of trying to live up to those ideals. We better appreciate also the inherent worthiness in trying to fashion a better world, as well as the challenges that must be faced in order to try to do so.

In short, it might be said that full adulthood skipped a generation or two. Now, finally, it's back. And that we had to come scarily close to losing 50,000 and more dead before getting to this point does not even bear thinking about. ¶ by Robert, Friday, February 04, 2005
gmez2001
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 4:36 pm    Post subject: Garofalo Reply with quote

SOB's can't find anything positive about this administration .
Now they don't have an agenda.....................
Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Couple of years ago I purchased the Greatest Generation and after reading the book wrote Brokaw, "Tom sharpen your pencil for the next Greatest Generation book- they'll be returning home soon".

These people like Garofalo are certified,classified and registered WHACKJOBS! If the american voters believe this diatribe and propaganda they deserve what ever comes their way.
Sad Sad Sad
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 6:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Garofalo Reply with quote

gmez2001 wrote:
If the american voters believe this diatribe and propaganda they deserve what ever comes their way.
Sad Sad Sad

Concur completely.

The rest of us, however (those of us who live in the real world) do not deserve what the left would dish up for us all if they had the power to do so. Wink

We've got to stay active, we've got to keep agitating against these idiots.

Saw Sharpton on Hannity and Colmes, the other night. I laughed all the way through his meaningless drivel and haranguing and hoped like heqq that they'll keep bringing him on.

I believe that he and Pelosi and others of the anybody-but-Bush crowd manage to turn off droves of voters every time they open their truculent and ignorant mouths.

We keep putting the facts out there - they keep providing comic relief. We could have this country go solidly conservative in just a couple more years. Wink
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drudge is currently linking to a story on a Hubble image of an exploding star ( http://news.independent.co.uk/world/science_technology/story.jsp?story=607598 ). Piquing my interest in an always unsuccessful attempt to grasp the incomprehensible enormity of the cosmos, several links to links brought me to a photo of the Omega Nebula (M17), a small fragment of our own Milky Way galaxy. Here's a thumbnail shot and links to a medium def and high def image (which, BTW, blows me away)...

Quote:

Atlas Image mosaic, covering 1° × 1° on the sky, of Messier 17 (M17), aka the Omega Nebula, the Swan Nebula, the Horseshoe Nebula, and the Lobster Nebula, located in the constellation Sagittarius. It is roughly 5,000 light years from the Sun. The 2MASS image penetrates the obscuring veil of dust and reveal the otherwise invisible contents of a dark molecular cloud. The giant molecular cloud associated with M17 is one of the most luminous and active star-forming complexes in the Milky Way, and contains one of the youngest and richest stellar clusters in our galaxy. Although the gas in the molecular cloud is too cold to emit visible or near-infrared light, traces of the densest portions of the cloud can still be seen as dark, obscuring, cloudy structures in the 2MASS mosaic, by E. Kopan (IPAC). (N.B.: The full JPG image is 12.7 Mb in size! A smaller version [1.4 Mb] can be obtained here.)

http://www.ipac.caltech.edu/2mass/gallery/powcap10.html#m17

Ms. Garafalo and her ilk (and, perhaps all of us to a degree) really need to get some perspective on our place in the cosmos in which she is, decidedly, hardly the center. If this photo doesn't do it for her, there are 129,599 others just like it that encompass the mosaic of just the visible universe.
gmez2001
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 7:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Garofalo Reply with quote

Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:
gmez2001 wrote:
If the american voters believe this diatribe and propaganda they deserve what ever comes their way.
Sad Sad Sad

Concur completely.

The rest of us, however (those of us who live in the real world) do not deserve what the left would dish up for us all if they had the power to do so. Wink

We've got to stay active, we've got to keep agitating against these idiots.

Saw Sharpton on Hannity and Colmes, the other night. I laughed all the way through his meaningless drivel and haranguing and hoped like heqq that they'll keep bringing him on.

I believe that he and Pelosi and others of the anybody-but-Bush crowd manage to turn off droves of voters every time they open their truculent and ignorant mouths.

We keep putting the facts out there - they keep providing comic relief. We could have this country go solidly conservative in just a couple more years. Wink

"country go solidly conservative in just a couple more years"

I hope so Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

It'll have to move right/center to save our way of life. We could have massive changes in the next 35-50 yrs if this change isn't made.
The country has been damaged so much by the left over 35 years that it will take another 25-35 years of conservative administrations to fix everything from schools,Uni's,entitlement programs,bureaucracy,military,SSA,health care and 'most important' bringing back incentive and individual responsibility.
Leeman
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree we've got to stay active, we got to keep agitating against these idiots. But boy I sure do love them making idiots of themsleves I don't know about you but I'm rooting for Howard dean to become DNC chairperson keep the kooks going !!!!!!..might even get a howling wolf imitation every now and again.!!!!!!!!!!!

Just think B. Boxer on his team, teddy bear.!! Chuckie cheese !!!!(shumer) if ya didn't know Chevy chase, pelosi, The rev Al.!!!! don't ferget The rev jesse & da rainbow coaliton..!!!!! oh my & Mr kerry & of Khmer rouge rifle fame ..!!!! among other things. and of Course Miss billary..lol oh man it goes on & on..Please feel free to add to the list.

Micheal Moore the milionare who wears the baseball hat. !!! ( no sightings of late)
Al Bore inventor of the internet !!
Slick willie.!!!!

ok, I'll stop !!!

Leeman
rparrott21
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw the show where she did the salute, why even have this nothing on to start with.
Doc Farmer
LCDR

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rparrott21 wrote:
I saw the show where she did the salute, why even have this nothing on to start with.

Luckily, the Media Research Centre keeps tabs on crap-slingers like Garofalo...

A couple of hours after Matthews signed off last night, the left-wing Air America radio host Janeane Garofalo showed up as a guest on MSNBC. She sneered that it was “disgusting” for House members to salute the bravery of Iraqi voters by holding up similarly ink-stained fingers, and mockingly held up her hand in a Nazi salute. Next to her, Chris Matthews looks downright mainstream.

Source

Fat, Bald and Ugly - And PROUD Of It!
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing I listened to Hannity one afternoon while driving down the road, garbarfallo called his live radio station, trust me- there is nothing funnier than listening to her get caught up in her own bs.! he made her sound like a 7/th grader! Laughing Laughing Laughing
GM Strong

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blue9t3 wrote:
Laughing I listened to Hannity one afternoon while driving down the road, garbarfallo called his live radio station, trust me- there is nothing funnier than listening to her get caught up in her own bs.! he made her sound like a 7/th grader! Laughing Laughing Laughing

He's had her several times. It was funny at the NY Convention, but after awhile it's the same of stuff from this Loony Left Airhead. Anymore I turn the radio of rather than listen to a repeat of their sewage. The witch isn't funny either, All the humor of a hangover. If she had any idea what she was talking about she would know what the salute should look like, but she doesn't.

Last edited by GM Strong on Sun Feb 06, 2005 2:40 am; edited 1 time in total
MLB
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Likening it to a Nazi salute??!!!!

You know - when I read that - the image of a very disturbed hippie looking guy I saw in a VA hospital more than 20 years ago came to mind. He was pacing back and forth, back and forth, through the hallway mumbling, stopping, turning, and giving a Nazi like salute each time, before resuming his walk. Even HE probably had more moments of lucidity than Janeane Garofalo, and the rest of her kind!
gmez2001
PO3

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blue9t3 wrote:

garbarfallo---"get caught up in her own bs"

No problem at all getting these people tied up in intellectual knots. The problem is getting them to listen and be tolerant.
GM Strong

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="gmez2001"]
blue9t3 wrote:
:No problem at all getting these people tied up in intellectual knots. The problem is getting them to listen and be tolerant.

Agree with the first part. Second part is not possible without a base conversion, which next to impossible.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: