SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Did Karl Rove Set Up Dan Rather With the Bush Guard Story?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:43 pm    Post subject: Did Karl Rove Set Up Dan Rather With the Bush Guard Story? Reply with quote

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,148334,00.html

Hinchey's Hunch
Tuesday, February 22, 2005
By Brit Hume

New York Democratic Congressman Maurice Hinchey is accusing the White House, and specifically adviser Karl Rove of "setting up" CBS to air the now-discredited report on President Bush's National Guard service. At a weekend forum in Ithaca, New York — taped by a member of the audience — Hinchey said, "Why did [the White House] do it? They knew that Bush was a draft dodger. ... They knew that he had no defense for that period in his life. ... So] they produced papers ... and they distributed those out to elements of the media. ... [CBS] finally bought into it."

Hinchey, however, said he has no evidence to back up his claim.
Leeman
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No mention of it being on a word document?..lol..some investigative reporters they are.

Dan Dan the Flim Flam man wanted to be the man that took Our President down.

But the days of Poppa Cronkite telling us his/CBS version of world happenings are long gone.

None of the MSM caught on to the fraud. It was a blogger who exposed the frauds..lol

Not Geraldo , Not Bill O, not Wolf. not Tim Russert,

oh and they baited kerry on I voted for it & now against it..gheesh

that was karl rove also..laffin

The Dems lost !!!!!! they did !! I wish they would stop looking at the grassy Knoll..lol

This is Fun..!!!!!!!

Leeman
joe_madeup
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First time I've seen the story mentioned in MSM (Fox is the leading news broadcast, right?).

During CBS' 12 days of stonewalling last September, Rather emphasized - repeatedly - that the documents had come from what he felt to be an "unimpeachable" source. Could Karl Rove be Rather's "unimpeachable" source? No; it makes zero sense.

Bill Burkett, the Bush-hating Texas Democrat prone to nervous breakdowns, was part of the provenance chain. I don't know if we ever found out more (i.e., where he got them from - or was he the forger?). He said he got them from some "Lucy Ramirez" woman but we don't know if she exists.

Long story short - Hinchey is wacko. And looking for someone to blame for his party's troubles.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These whackjobs are Rove-obsessed to the point of stupor. Even Judy Woodruff was near dumfounded by this nitwit's irrationality when interviewed on CNN late this afternoon. It's almost funny except for the fact that this citizen was ELECTED to our Congress...but I guess he reflects the pulse of his constituency...and THAT'S scary.

CNN's Inside Politics wrote:
WOODRUFF: As we reported a little while ago in our blog segment, the Internet is abuzz with reaction to comments by New York Democratic Congressman Maurice Hinchey. The congressman over the weekend shared his views about the now disputed CBS News report about President Bush's Air National Guard service. Representative Maurice Hinchey is with me now, he joins us from Albany, New York.

Congressman Hinchey, what exactly did you say on Saturday at this town meeting in Ithaca?

REP. MAURICE HINCHEY (D), NEW YORK: Well, Judy, what I said came in response to a question from one of my constituents. There were about 100 people there. And they asked some questions about media manipulation. They were concerned about the issue of Armstrong Williams, for example, people being hired by this administration to pretend that they were giving objective news and information but were really putting forth the point of view of the administration rather than doing it objectively. And also the issue with Mr. Gannon, who was admitted to the White House press corps but who was not a legitimate press person, and was there just to throw softballs to the president.

And then the issue of the CBS Dan Rather event came up, and I said that there were false documents or documents which were falsified and presented as being accurate and there was a question as to where those documents came from. And in the context of the discussion I suggested that -- my theory was that I wouldn't be surprised if it came from the White House political operation, headed up by Karl Rove.

WOODRUFF: Well, I'm reading here a transcript of what you said, you said: "I have my own beliefs about how that happened. It originated with Karl Rove in my belief in the White House." What do you know that you base that on?

HINCHEY: Well, I think there's a great deal of circumstantial information and factual information. Mr. Rove, for example, has been involved in a host of political dirty tricks that are traceable back -- all the way back to the 1970s, '80s, '90s, right on up to the present. The way in which he treated Senator McCain, for example, in the context of the 2000 election.

So it doesn't take an awful lot of imagination if you're thinking about who it is that might have produced these false documents to try to mislead people in this very cynical way. It would take someone very brilliant, very cynical, very Machiavellian, and it doesn't take a lot of imagination to come up with the name of Karl Rove as a possibility of having done that.

WOODRUFF: But, at this point, it is just imagination, is that correct?

HINCHEY: It's a possibility, yes. It's a possibility based upon circumstantial evidence and the history of his behavior over the course of several decades.

WOODRUFF: Well, you know, there was an independent panel that CBS asked to look into this -- you know, to look into how CBS got these documents, what went wrong with the story that appears on "60 MINUTES." They were not able to conclude where these documents came from. They said, finally, they weren't even able to determine whether these documents were authentic or whether they were forged. So my question is, how are you in a position to know more than they or others who have investigated this now?

HINCHEY: Well, Judy, no one has come to any conclusions and that's the unfortunate thing. We need to get to the bottom of this. We need to get to the bottom of the whole business of manipulating the media that has gone on in the context of this administration.

I think that that's critically important. The essence of this democracy is really at stake. If people sitting back in their living rooms can't rely upon the information they're getting over the news channel or over the radio, then very important aspects of this Democratic system become eroded.

So, we need to get to the bottom of it, that's the point here. I'm quite surprised, frankly, that this has gotten all the attention that it has, but in a way I'm grateful that it has because it's important for us to be concerned about these things. Manipulating the media in this kind of a cynical way is antithetical to what we stand for as a nation, we need to find out who did it.

WOODRUFF: But some would say, listening to what you said and hearing your acknowledgment that you don't have any proof, that it's irresponsible or -- let me ask you, do you think it's responsible for you to say this without evidence?

HINCHEY: I think it's very responsible of me to speculate about where this manipulation is coming from. Yes. I think it's important to speculate about it, I think it's important to discuss it and I think it's important to try to stimulate the investigative agencies to look into this.

Unfortunately, the Congress is not doing its job. There are -- this is something that ought to be investigated by the Congress of the United States. But this Congress is not doing its job. It's not standing up for the American people the way it should. And, as a consequence, there is a certain amount of frustration out there and that frustration was voiced by the people who attended the meeting that I held last Saturday.

WOODRUFF: We're going to have to leave it there, Congressman Maurice Hinchey. And again, we did try to reach the White House to get their comment on all of this, we were not able to get a comment from them.

We'll be right back with more INSIDE POLITICS.

CNN "Inside Politics"
DADESID
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They really ARE cracking up...
joe_madeup
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Hinchey succeeds in "stimulating" the Feds to investigate the source of the CBS forged document - watch out Democrats! To my mind, the most likely source of the forgery is a Bush-hater of some kind - perhaps even a Kerry campaign associate? Does Hinchey understand what he's asking for???

You gotta love the nutty mentality on display here. "Yes, it's responsible to speculate" and throw wild charges when one has zero evidence......hey, didn't the Democrats used to call that practice "McCarthyism"? Smile

And I love the cleverly phrased innuendo about Gannon, thrown in for fun. On current information: Gannon was just some guy who wanted to try being a reporter...had conservative beliefs...got a job with a smalltime, partisan news agency. He asked the President questions that reflect his beliefs - just as Helen Thomas asks questions that reflect hers ("Mr. President, how do you feel about killing all those innocent Iraqis?" - Not made up). Hinchey knows all that. But he cleverly plants the innuendo (not saying it) that any Bush-friendly reporter like Gannon would have to be planted by, again, the all-nefarious Karl Rove.

Last edited by joe_madeup on Wed Feb 23, 2005 2:18 am; edited 3 times in total
GM Strong
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talk about Whacky Conspiracy Theories, this one is hard to top. Karl Rove must be diabolical to them. (KR must be laughing his arse off.) Howlin' Howie may believe it though.

One question remains, " How does one dodge the draft by enlisting in the reserves?" I might be a draft dodger too, I enlisted before I could be drafted. Hmmm.
Uisguex Jack
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
WOODRUFF: But some would say, listening to what you said and hearing your acknowledgment that you don't have any proof, that it's irresponsible or -- let me ask you, do you think it's responsible for you to say this without evidence?

HINCHEY: I think it's very responsible of me to speculate about where this manipulation is coming from. Yes. I think it's important to speculate about it, I think it's important to discuss it and I think it's important to try to stimulate the investigative agencies to look into this.

Well to start with some basics....... they might look at the same 'history' of behaviour of Dan Rathers. Then comes the Funding:

http://www.nationalreview.com/comment/pacepa200402260828.asp

http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles/ReadArticle.asp?ID=12387
wwIIvetsdaughter
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hinchey must also believe that: 1) that blue dress "stain" was planted by a yet unknown Karl Rove to discredit Clinton 2) "New Coke" was a college-aged Karl Rove plot to boost shares of Coke in a diabolical machiavialian plot to increase Coke sales 3) we didn't really land on the moon, it was a grade school aged Karl Rove manipulation of the industrial-military-NASA complex 4) Flouridated water was a toddler aged Karl Rove plot to weaken the immune systems of kids in order to increase profits for pharmacetical companies 5) We knew in advance of the Japanese designs on Pearl Harbor, it was a not yet joined sperm/egg Karl Rove plot to make FDR look bad. KARL ROVE IS THE ANTICHRIST! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey...maybe Karl Rove really invented the internet? Laughing
DLI78
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I don't know about you guys but I feel privileged to live in a time when I can see that Rasputin has reincarnated (and with an easier name too). The fact that he is busy whacking liberals just makes it that much more fun to watch.

Hmmm. Maybe Rove's grandparents actually enticed the Kaiser into starting that little war so we'd have an excuse to invade France and steal their wine. Too bad we got so much of their whine also.

If that congresscritter hadn't told me, I would have never imagined that See BS would need any help looking bad. I thought they had Dan Rather to help them do that, and as far as I know he's doing a bang-up job of it.
PhantomSgt
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 6:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Did Karl Rove Set Up Dan Rather With the Bush Guard Stor Reply with quote

Rdtf wrote:

Hinchey's Hunch
By Brit Hume

New York Democratic Congressman Maurice Hinchey is accusing the White House, and specifically adviser Karl Rove of "setting up" CBS to air the now-discredited report on President Bush's National Guard service.

Hinchey said, "Why did [the White House] do it? They knew that Bush was a draft dodger. ... They knew that he had no defense for that period in his life. ... So] they produced papers ... and they distributed those out to elements of the media. ... [CBS] finally bought into it."

Was this guy drooling and twitching when he stated this? Hinchey is just another example of a delusional and paranoid Demo crap member of Congress. You must question when voters elect individuals like this to lead them. Hopefully they won’t make the same mistake next time. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Cool Cool Cool

Independent that leans right of center.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMHO, Hinchey, like some petulant child, is slandering Rove knowing he can get away with it. Rove can ill-afford engaging this slimeball in a slander/libel lawsuit and the statute will run out on this particular piece of garbage before Rove leaves public service.

However, someone should make a case for censuring him before the House Ethics Committee.
gmez2001
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 7:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Did Karl Rove Set Up Dan Rather With the Bush Guard Stor Reply with quote

PhantomSgt wrote:
Rdtf wrote:

Hinchey's Hunch
By Brit Hume

New York Democratic Congressman Maurice Hinchey is accusing the White House, and specifically adviser Karl Rove of "setting up" CBS to air the now-discredited report on President Bush's National Guard service.

Hinchey said, "Why did [the White House] do it? They knew that Bush was a draft dodger. ... They knew that he had no defense for that period in his life. ... So] they produced papers ... and they distributed those out to elements of the media. ... [CBS] finally bought into it."

Was this guy drooling and twitching when he stated this? Hinchey is just another example of a delusional and paranoid Demo crap member of Congress. You must question when voters elect individuals like this to lead them. Hopefully they won’t make the same mistake next time. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Cool Cool Cool

"Hinchey is just another example of a delusional and paranoid Demo crap"

Phantom; I've given alot of thought to leftist paranoia over the last few years and find it's nothing more than projection.

These whackjobs have been manipulating the news,education,publication and arts for so long they merely project out this value system on conservatives.

Hell with Rather, he deserves EVERY SINGLE BIT OF CRITICISM he's way overdue.
Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Snipe
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That rascal Karl Rove is into just EVERYTHING isn't he?

(^_^)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: