SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

University of Colorado President Resigns Amid Controversy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 5:00 pm    Post subject: University of Colorado President Resigns Amid Controversy Reply with quote

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,149641,00.html

Monday, March 07, 2005

BOULDER, Colo. — University of Colorado President Elizabeth Hoffman announced Monday that she is resigning amid a football recruiting scandal and a national controversy over an activist professor who had compared victims of the Sept. 11 attacks to a Nazi.

Hoffman, who has served as president for five years, told the Board of Regents in a letter that her resignation is effective June 30 or whenever the board names a successor.

"It appears to me it is in the university's best interest that I remove the issue of my future from the debate so that nothing inhibits CU's ability to successfully create the bright future it so deserves," Hoffman wrote.

In her letter, Hoffman says it's "in the university's best interest" that she step down.

In addition to the recruiting scandal, and the allegations of several women that they were raped by football recruits or players, there's been a national controversy over comments and writings of Wade Churchill,a professor who compared victims of the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks to a Nazi.
docford
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not only is she a poor administrator, her abiliity to construct a concise, correctly constructed sentence seems to be lacking.

When speaking, it is excusable to have run-on and improperly constructed sentences. But when you are communicating something in writing? Give me a break.

I often wonder about the state of higher education in this country.

I apologize for the mostly irrelevant rant. People with PhDs are supposed to be smarter than the rest of us lowlifes.
docford
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may recall that this same female college president made the ludicrous remark that a rude word starting with the letter "c" and ending in "nt" is "sometimes a term of endearment" so nobody "should automatically take offense when she is referred to as a c*nt."
mtboone
Founder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As for me, I would like to be a football recruit and get the benifits if I was 18 years old, Gosh, where were these slush funds when I went to College in the 60's? I was born 30 years too late. Timing is everything.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: