SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

'Hanoi John' Gets Unwelcome Reception From Veterans

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stop kerry
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 2:31 pm    Post subject: 'Hanoi John' Gets Unwelcome Reception From Veterans Reply with quote

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2004/7/29/85747.shtml

Interesting . 21 days for all four medals Rolling Eyes "We know he's a phony," Booth said. "You don't get two Purple Hearts, a Bronze Star and a Silver Star in 21 days. You don't do it, no way. I was at Walter Reed [Army Medical Center] for 18 months. I got one Purple Heart. I lost an eye, part of my jaw and got hit in the arm. This guy's got three scratches and he's making a big deal out of it. It doesn't seem right."
Are any of the protesters from your group of Swiftvets Question
Dave Rittiford
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
21 days for all four medals

Is this documented fact? I feel the fool as I have never read that was the time line involved, and I read a hell of allot.

Please respond, someone who knows for sure. If Kerry got all those decorations in three weeks and never spent a day in hospital, then threw them away protesting and now has them on his wall...... words can not convey how furious I am. This can not be true. I all ready have had serious questions about Kerry for over a year, but this is not possible.

21 days for all four medals
all I can do is just sit here cursing.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, it was 3 in that time period.

The first PH was awarded for a wound received in early December, 1968. However, it was not awarded until several months later. It seems apparent, if only due to the time difference between the action cited and the date of the award, that it was processed from a unit (probably Coastal 11) other than the unit he was assigned to at the time of the injury (Coastal 14).

The CO of Coastal 14, LCDR Grant Hibbard, has publically stated that he remembers Kerry presenting himself as a prospective recipient, and that he told Kerry to "'forget it' or something like that."
ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PH1 2 Dec 68...........Not awarded until early March
PH2 20 February 69
SS 28 February 69
BS 13 March 69
PH3 13 March 69

There ya Go!
scotty61
LCDR

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was this period (20 February-13 March) a very active time for his unit? I hate to question the valor of a veteran, but I've talked to guys who were in heavy combat for much longer (like Okinawa WWII) and this is unheard of.
republicanveteran
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I served twenty years as an electronic technician and installer. I cut my fingers at least once a week. If getting a cut finger was a criteria for getting the PH, I should been awarded 12,480 PH's.

Also, I was on duty in Feburary of 1969 and did not know Silver Stars were so easy to obtain at that time. Who in heck did he know in the Naval Office in Washington.

Silvers are reserved for only the most heroic among us.!!!

http://proudrepublican.blogspot.com/
REPUBLICANPUNDIThington.
Dave Rittiford
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't believe it. I am sickend. Bull Dung.

Not one day in Hospital, not one. War Hero, served honerably, what a load of crap. I'm friggen furious, let me at him. He put him self in for Purple Hearts?

I don't know who's worse Michael Moore or John Kerry.

Kind of explains how he's got 13 guys backing him up and thousands of vets, if not hundreds of thousands of vets who are disgusted with him.
Blue Denim
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 7:09 pm    Post subject: 3 Medals/21 Days/Exit stage Left Reply with quote

Have heard both Bob and John on radio programs and got the impression that there may be a national campaign effort by SwiftVets to educate our nation of sheep before election. At least those who might be willing to have their preconceived notions challenged with a few facts.

We have a nation of young people in their 20s and 30s with no family members having served our country in the military. They don't have the foggiest idea how medals are awarded, or that many men genuinely deserving of an award don't want or refuse accommodation. Far too many young people don't understand or know enough to even question the the timing and circumstances under which John-boy scripted and manipulated.

For instance, to them cameras have always been small, light and "how stupid to imply Kerry wouldn't have camera equipment with him? I'd probably have a couple different kinds with me." I've heard such comments in the office. Perhaps to help drive home the message to the naive or under-educated masses, SwiftVets will need to bombard America with "Military 101" over and over and over. The guy who will conduct himself as Kerry did, including filming himself in reenacted situations, is the same kind of guy who 30+ years later when he falls, turns on, curses and blames an innocent FBI guy.

What little the younger generations are starting to hear from SwiftVets' reactions gets lost in their perception that it's just a few disgruntled, jealous vets that don't like Kerry. Hey, he had 12 or 15 fellow vets right there with him on the stage. They don't get it that it is only 12 or 13 out of 400. This is another fact for impressing to the masses.

Learning from and enjoying your site. Thank you all.
Indianbaboon
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why do you always make fun of the twenty year olds? it hurts. Sad

but in all seriousness we suck. What freaks me out more than my generation's idiocy is some of Kerry's supporters.

The one vet I know who's a Kerry supporter was also an FAC. for 6 years. Pretty hardcore kinda guy. ANd somehow he's just unable to see through the Kerry BS
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it's making fun of 20-year-olds, IB.

It's pointing out that in this post-911 world, where military people have much more value and credibility in our society than they did during Vietnam, a chest full of medals can be impressive to young people who don't remember.

Telling the whole story of the medals is a tiny part of explaining who John Kerry really is and what he's really done.

It's just about teaching the next generations - it's not very common for a young person to have any idea about what John Kerry has done since he came home from Vietnam, to know his Senatorial history, to know how he contributed to slandering a generation of soldiers, or how he turned his back on POW/MIA's and their families.

It's up to those of us who know to pass the word - and if you're one of the young people who has investigated and "gets it," then you join us "old folks" in getting the message to the ones who haven't yet heard. Wink
stop kerry
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope the article I sent was true but it appears that it wasn't 21 days if you count the Dec68-Mar69 calender days as the timerframe unless the person was saying kerry had only 21 days of combat in the four months he was there as a swiftvet Confused Either way it seems that he got a lot of combat medals in a very short period of time. I'm sure the swiftvets that that started this website know the truth and I believe the 250 of them over the media his small 'band of brothers'and kerry Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: