SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry's Vietnam Journal

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 3:27 am    Post subject: Kerry's Vietnam Journal Reply with quote

After reading that Kerry was claiming to be in Cambodia while Nixon was telling the nation we weren't, some bells went off in my head at something I read earlier. I searched and found what was bothering me.

Kerry kept a journal while in Vietnam, he claims. The Boston Globe ran excerpts from the journal and this is what I read;

Quote:
'Scorching flashes of tracer, red and deadly, come at you with terrifying suddenness that catches all by surprise...'

From a journal Kerry kept on his experiences in Vietnam.

http://www.boston.com/globe/nation/packages/kerry/061603.shtml

Midway down the page under a picture on the left

While it might seem innocent enough, best I remember, NATO and the US used red tracers. Warsaw pact countries, including Vietnam used green tracers.
George F. Thompson
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 4:50 am    Post subject: Kerrys Viet Nam Journal Reply with quote

Good point Lew, I won a bet with a wannabe once. I referred to a weapon as being a .51 cal. This Guy was adamant that no such weapon existed, only a .50 cal according to him. I explained how the soviets/warsaw pact countries used a 12.7mm that we referred to as as .51 cal. It was something to do with battle field logistics, supposedly their 12.7mm version of a Ma Deuce would chamber a NATO/US .50 round. I then bet this dude he had never seen a 14.5mm or a ZSU-23mm, Quad in action.
The sad part is that large portion of Americans still think of the Viet Nam veteran's as a malcontents, social reprobates. Kerrys lies, from back in 1971 are still following us. What realy scares me is the is there are a lot of impressionable 18 year olds who are being encouraged to vote and the majority of the baby boomers who support Kerry, the only tracers those jack asses have seen were when they were tripping on acid. God help Us.

Remember: Friendly Fire, Isn't!

George F. Thompson
coffee
Founder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 1:03 pm    Post subject: u Reply with quote

Lew wrote:
Quote:
After reading that Kerry was claiming to be in Cambodia while Nixon was telling the nation we weren't, some bells went off in my head at something I read earlier. I searched and found what was bothering me.

See my post under History Question. He also stated that he was in Cambodia on Dec 24-25. 1968 while Nixon was telling Americans that there were no Americans in Cambodia. Nixon wasn't inaugurated until January 1969. Makes one wonder when he actually wrote the journals!!
lobster
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

>> The sad part is that large portion of Americans still think of the Viet Nam veteran's as a malcontents, social reprobates.

Most Americans, especially over 50, now have enormous respect for Vietnam veterans. There have several excellent documentaries about veterans, their difficult combat experiences, and some returning to Vietnam to try and make their peace. People now know some veterans weren't treated well when they came home, and many were virtually ignored. That certainly isn't the case today. Any Vietnam veteran should stand tall and be proud of their service to this country!
republicanveteran
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another lie?? I just posted one about his riding a bike into East Berlin. How many more are there?
MikeWinn
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 5:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Kerrys Viet Nam Journal Reply with quote

Quote:
The sad part is that large portion of Americans still think of the Viet Nam veteran's as a malcontents, social reprobates. Kerrys lies, from back in 1971 are still following us. What realy scares me is the is there are a lot of impressionable 18 year olds who are being encouraged to vote and the majority of the baby boomers who support Kerry, the only tracers those jack asses have seen were when they were tripping on acid. God help Us.

George F. Thompson

George, You have said truer words. My 15 year old son in addition to getting a daily dose of Bush bashing also gets little if any history on Nam.
And the info he does get is so left wing diluted that he comes home and asks me questions like 'how many people besides soldiers did you kill?'.
Thankfully, I can answer truthfully that being in the AF, we didn't see hardly anyone from altitide and most of our fighting was early to late evening in heavy jungle. Anyway, this crap our kids are being fed is going to come back to bite us unless we do something and soon! [/quote]

GunnerMike
Spectre Gunner and 141 FE
Dedicated to Rico. KIA March 14, 1971.
Love ya man.
Fphamm
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 7:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Kerrys Viet Nam Journal Reply with quote

George F. Thompson wrote:
Good point Lew, I won a bet with a wannabe once. I referred to a weapon as being a .51 cal. This Guy was adamant that no such weapon existed, only a .50 cal according to him. I explained how the soviets/warsaw pact countries used a 12.7mm that we referred to as as .51 cal. It was something to do with battle field logistics, supposedly their 12.7mm version of a Ma Deuce would chamber a NATO/US .50 round. I then bet this dude he had never seen a 14.5mm or a ZSU-23mm, Quad in action.

George F. Thompson

It saddens me that is the way that these people think about the Vietnam Veterans, or for that matter any veteran....and what is even more maddening, is the fact that the armed services put their neck on the line, so these whining little crybabies, can spout their bilge and try to brain wash the younger generation on this stuff, when the protesters were spitting on, calling returning troops baby killers, war criminals, etc. These pukes dont deserve to live in this Great Nation......imho.....

Thank you to all the Veterans of war, be it foreign, or domestic......

Thank you and God Bless....
Indianbaboon
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 8:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Kerrys Viet Nam Journal Reply with quote

MikeWinn wrote:
Quote:

George F. Thompson

George, You have said truer words. My 15 year old son in addition to getting a daily dose of Bush bashing also gets little if any history on Nam.
And the info he does get is so left wing diluted that he comes home and asks me questions like 'how many people besides soldiers did you kill?'.
Thankfully, I can answer truthfully that being in the AF, we didn't see hardly anyone from altitide and most of our fighting was early to late evening in heavy jungle. Anyway, this crap our kids are being fed is going to come back to bite us unless we do something and soon!
[/quote]

the answer is to fight dirty Twisted Evil
That and convince more conservatives to go into the teaching/indoctrination field. I once had a govt teacher who would grade you solely on how conservative you were. Needless to say, I got a 100 despite skipping class more than half the time. The liberal teacher's pet ended up getting a B. she nearly cried. It's dirty, but you gotta play the game they do.
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.boston.com/globe/nation/packages/kerry/journal_day2.shtml
From that same site...one day from his journal
Very long read, but gives some insight of Kerry.

~snip
Ahead lies the APL from which you will refuel and steal a morning meal. Both operations completed you pass from the Navy and again enter the world of beauty that surrounds you as you move up the meandering channel of the main water route to Cambodia. Its daylight now and moving with you are junks and barges and swamps of all sizes and shapes and colors and within each person with a world of his own fears and hopes and aspirations. Simplicity characterizes everything around you and because of this an unassuming peace envelopes the fatigue with which you (were) traveling). A small canal looms up on the left and methodically, as though the chart by your side were slave to the wheel, you turn the boat into it and enter still a more perfect world of shapes and colors.

~snip
It's cool now and the evening has closed around you to become full night. The night for once is comforting and you take a coke and some peanut butter and jelly and go up on the roof of the cabin whit your tape recorder and sit for a while, quietly, watching flares float silently through the sky and flashes announce disquieting intent somewhere in the distance. You call down to one of your men and ask him to draft a message to the Admiral in Command of all Naval Forces in Vietnam and also to the Commander of Market Time. IT says "Merry Christmas from the most inland Market Time unit." You hope that they'll court marshal you or something because that would make sense. But the night soothes everything and the people and things that are close to you dart through the mind and bring the only warmth and peace that there is. Visions of sugar plums really do dance through your head and you think of stockings and snow and roast chestnuts and fires with birch logs and all that is good and warm and real. It's Christmas Eve.
minnie presley
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 5:36 pm    Post subject: kerry and VFW Reply with quote

I would like to see a as many swiftvets and other vietnam vets be in cincinnata, when he speaks at the VFW convention, and show their protest against this traitor, it sicken me to thinkl he will even be allowed to address this group,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: