SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

McCain's funding support?????

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GM Strong
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 4:29 pm    Post subject: McCain's funding support????? Reply with quote

McCain for President?? Not in my book. Sounds an awful lot like the sKerry backers for some reason.

Read by Mark Levin about 7:10 on 3/11. From 'Discover the Network'. If this is 'getting the money out', I wonder what other reforms he has in mind.

Thursday, March 10, 2005
John McCain Gets Soros Cash-by Richard Poe

Senator John McCain's Reform Institute has suffered some bad press recently due to its involvement in an influence-peddling scandal with Cablevision. As usual, however, mainstream media have failed to go to the root of the matter.

Founded on June 26, 2001, McCain's Reform Institute for Campaign and Election Issues has long served as a nerve center for the so-called "campaign finance reform" movement – a movement which has done nothing to clean up campaign finance, but has done a great deal to empower federal judges and government bureaucrats to regulate political speech, in defiance of the Bill of Rights.

Now here's the kicker. The list of donors published on the Reform Institute's Web site reads like a veritable Who's Who of radical, leftwing foundations, including the Tides Foundation, the Carnegie Corporation of New York, the Proteus Fund and George Soros' Open Society Institute (hat tip, Winfield Myers).

Not surprisingly, in view of the above associations, Arianna Huffington serves on the Reform Institute's Advisory Board. Huffington has long acted as a front for George Soros' "campaign finance reform" efforts. In 2000, she organized the so-called Shadow Conventions which provided John McCain with a bully pulpit to stump for his now-infamous McCain-Feingold Act. George Soros shouldered about one third of the cost of the Shadow Conventions.
RogerRabbit
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
McCain for President?? Not in my book

In agreement here - I have not trusted McCain since the Keating 5 incident.
http://www.captainsquartersblog.com/mt/archives/004016.php

I have much respect for him as a POW but he is a typical "crybaby" just like most Dems. Maybe he ought to swich parties and get where he belongs
GM Strong
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to the Reform Institute's website. Browse it and be concerned. These people want to reform free speech and clean up elections till they don't exist. They want to do the same for federal, state, and local. This is insidiuos meddling, not reform. McCain-Feingold was just a step. It needs repeal.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: