SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I need to get married
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Become a munk and avoid all the stress. Rolling Eyes
griswold_9105
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 8:08 pm    Post subject: Expectations for future wife Reply with quote

So what are the expectations for a future mate?
Not blonde...check.
Single...check.
Witty...check.
Educated...check.
Lance Corporal

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guy...check.
griswold_9105
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guy?
The topic was wanting a wife not husband correct?
Lance Corporal

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm from Massachusetts....

Sorry.

But just for the record, would you turn to the left and cough, please?

I noticed this was your first post, and it could give a whole new meaning to the term "trolling."

So which is it: guy or gal?
baldeagle
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

She's Blond, she's all-American, (Louisiana, born and raised) and a couple of weeks ago we celebrated our 40th.
Just make sure before you jump the broom, that the yearning originates under your shirt, instead of in your trousers.
You will have fights, but she will be your best friend for the rest of your life. If you can't picture that, she ain't the right one.

on edit: Met her while home on leave christmas of 64, on a blind date. She says she knew immediately, took me 4 days before I proposed.
"In a word, I want an American character, that the powers of Europe may be convinced we act for ourselves and not for others; this, in my judgment, is the only way to be respected abroad and happy at home." --George Washington

Last edited by baldeagle on Sat Mar 19, 2005 1:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
becca1223
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Find Your Soulmate

Adapted from Soulmates: Following Inner Guidance to the Relationship of Your Dreams, by Carolyn Godschild Miller

Contrary to popular belief, soulmates do not usually recognize each other at first glance. The person who attracts our ego is seldom the one our soul deeply desires to be with, and our soulmate is often the person who looks all wrong to our ego. But there are ways to make an enlightened choice, recognize your soul mate, and get what your soul truly desires in a partner.

Here are twelve important tips from this wonderfully helpful book for finding your soulmate:

1. Consider the possibility that there is a source of wisdom within you that knows better than you do which partner will be most likely to make you happy.

2. Stop listening to your ego, and start listening to your soul and your guide.

3. Don’t be discouraged just because your attempts to find true love have not worked in the past. A new approach may produce results beyond your wildest expectations!

4. Look for the sort of person you’d want as a best friend even if you weren’t attracted to her or him sexually.

5. Don‘t cultivate a relationship with someone “superior” whose love appears to “elevate” you in some way, but with an equal you enjoy.

6. Remember that your soul won’t be satisfied with anything less than true love. Accept no substitutes!

7. Focus on finding a partner who wants to share the kind of life you want, rather than adjusting your desires in order to be with some particular person your ego thinks would be perfect for you.

8. Stop holding out for a relationship that is effortless. Intimate relationships are frequently hard work, even when the other person is a soul mate.

9. Trust your heart. Trust your gut. And trust the inner sense you have when the energy closes down around some involvement. Be willing to consider change when some aspect of your life has ceased to be fulfilling.

10. Sometimes releasing a lover to seek greater fulfillment elsewhere is the highest expression of love.

11. Recognize that your happiness in life doesn’t depend upon being loved, but upon loving. You can have a joyous, love-filled life even if you never find a mate.

12. Come from strength, and focus on what you have to give others rather than on what you hope to get from them.

I highly recommend the book, Soulmates: Following Inner Guidance to the Relationship of Your Dreams by Carolyn Godschild Miller:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0915811863/ref=ase_caremailgreeting/104-0994699-1082351?v=glance&s=books

The six most important words:
I admit I made a mistake.
The five most important words:
You did a good job.
The four most important words:
What is your opinion?
The three most important words:
I love you.
The two most important words:
Thank you.
The one most important word:
We.

Best wishes to you!
msindependent
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just the right gal for you. Oh no wait, she's a blonde, sorry.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: