SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Marines disrespect Kerry in the middle of crowded WENDY's

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MarineBrat
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 4:28 pm    Post subject: Marines disrespect Kerry in the middle of crowded WENDY's Reply with quote

Quote:
July 31, 2004 -- SCRANTON, Pa. — John Kerry's heavily hyped cross-country bus tour stumbled out of the blocks yesterday, as a group of Marines publicly dissed the Vietnam War hero in the middle of a crowded restaurant.

http://www.nypost.com/news/nationalnews/25935.htm

Semper Fi, Marines. Pity the Johns hadn't resigned their senate seats. The Marines might have spoken their minds. Twisted Evil

MarineBrat
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess Kerry will try to avoid making stops at places that have a military population. This is going to be fun watching Kerry tip toe through the mind fields. I am sure any public forums will have a strict entry process and only those who have a record of strong support of kerry will be able to ask questions.

"Peace is our Profession"
Strategic Air Command - Motto

USAF 75-79 Security Police

Last edited by coldwarvet on Mon Aug 02, 2004 4:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Grampa
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Notice the automatic boot licking press reference to Kerry being a "Vietnam War hero". What hero? What a joke.

We have a term for those who used their minor "wounds" to escape service in theater. We said they suffered from "MPH". Its a bit salty, so I won't use it here, but if you want to know PM me and I'll elaborate.
waltjones
PO2

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 4:46 pm    Post subject: Kerry and the Marines Reply with quote

Did you see the look on the Sergeant's face as Kerry points at his medals? He was probably worried that Kerry would try to grab them and throw them away, in which case the Marine would have been forced to kick his ass! The seated Marine doesn't look all too friendly either! Kerry's 8 to 10 "band of brothers" that he's paying to tail along with him on his campaign are nothing compared to all the Swift Boat Vets and many others who have openly come out to oppose this slimeball. Can any Marine imagine Kerry as Commandant of the Marine Corps? Way to go, Marines - let that piece of @%$& know how we feel about him! Semper Fi!
carpro
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lends credibility to the old saying:

Leave it to the Marines! Very Happy
djv
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also heard they didn't actually eat the wendy's food. I heard they had $20 a piece lobster lunches waiting for them on the bus. Rolling Eyes Wink

Here is a link for one of the pictures.
republicanveteran
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny,

I don't see that picture of JFFnK pointing at that Marine, anywhere besides Drudge. The Marine looks like he is ready to pull his arm off...

http://proudrepublican.blogspot.com/
REPUBLICANPUNDIT
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/040730/ids_photos_ts/r3493219289.jpg
Rueters picked it up, but havent noticed if any of the mainstream papers did.

There was something mentioned in the press a bit back that Kerry may make a trip to Iraq to assess the situation himself -- I would guess he'd probably visit the troops.

Although they would be polite & respectful, I just can't see them giving the same warm welcome to JFnK that we see troops give to GWB. Could be quite ackward for Kerry.

Reminds me of Clinton's 1st Memorial Day ceremony , and the Vet that turned his back on him. Made all the papers at the time. That may have been about Clinton's protesting the war on foreign soil -- when he was a student in Britain...if memory serves me right.
GoophyDog
PO1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few things in that picture caught my eye. The obvious where Kerry is pointing to ribbons - guess honorable service ribbons are unknown to him.

The 2nd, more disturbing, is that virtually out of view is his tightly closed right fist.

The last is oh so subtle and not many may catch it. Kerry is a sitting senator, rank equivalent of a general for honors. The sgt is not fully squared off and his partner is relaxed, still sitting. I seriously doubt either would be the case if one who has earned their respect had approached them.
Dane
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In re the photo: When someone seated comes to attention (still seated) there is no question as to his intention. The posture is so uncomfortable that any viewer, no matter how dense - even Clinton and Kerry-, will recognize it.

Dane
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: