SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Great progress on Kerry signing SF-180

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 4:23 pm    Post subject: Great progress on Kerry signing SF-180 Reply with quote

From the "Decision '08" blog (via PowerLine):

Quote:
In a hastily organized news conference, a spokesman for the Perpetual John Kerry for President Campaign said the initial phases of "Operation Sign Form SF-180" were going better than expected. Specifically, in the 90 days since Kerry promised on national television to sign the form releasing his military records, the following milestones have been achieved:

* a pen has been procured from a Walmart on the outskirts of Little Rock "for substantially less than the $12,000 budgeted";

* a special committee has been formed to discuss the best way to remove the cap from the pen;

* a copy of the notoriously difficult to obtain form has been located on eBay and bidding is underway; and

* a "Dinner With John" fundraising extravaganza is in the works to obtain the necessary postage to mail the signed form, should such a step be required.

The spokesman hastened to add that Kerry would not be bound by a timeline, stating "Senator Kerry believes strongly that announcing a proposed signing date would only encourage further attacks by insurgent bloggers".

Probably more truth than fiction. Smile

Schadow
GM Strong
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whew! I'm glad someone was able to penetrate the Kerry Security and dig this out. Progress is being made. Thanks, Schadow.
Tanya
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JAY AMBROSE: Misconstruing media
Last Updated: March 29, 2005, 01:44:00 PM PST

http://www.modbee.com/24hour/opinions/story/2267749p-10444579c.html

"Know this. The Swift Boat Veterans for the Truth were brave, honorable, intelligent men who were treated by at least some mainstream news outlets as if they were unworthy humans because of their arguments that Kerry's self-idolizing assertions of heroism were bunk. It happens that the evidence was on their side on at least some matters, such as the Cambodian lie, and that Kerry never allowed other evidence to see the light of day.

He now says we'll get a look at it. After a campaign in which only a few mainstream journalists did much probing on the subject, he finally agreed in an interview with Tim Russert of NBC that he would sign Standard Form 180, which would make all of his military records available to the public. Days have passed. Weeks have passed. Two months have passed. He hasn't done it. He will never do it, in my estimation, because he would then have to deal with ambition-snuffing revelations instead of blaming big, bad media-owning corporations, a so-called media subculture and too little governmental regulation of speech for his loss.

In the past campaign, the mainstream media gave Kerry break after break while CBS closed its partisan eyes to a hoax in order to slam Bush, and The New York Times - as one of a number of possible examples - came up with a phony-baloney, anti-administration story about stolen Iraqi explosives during the campaign's last week. To the extent that media outside the mainstream had an impact, it seems to me to have been mostly by way of energetic debate and providing information not so easily found on the major TV networks or prestige papers. Good for them."

Very Happy
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GREAT link Tanya...thanks so much for posting...and from the Editorial Director of Scripps-Howard!
Tanya
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/articles/2005/02/06/weighing_defeat_kerry_sees_lessons_to_guide_future/

This is on page 4.
"Kerry later confirmed that his decision to sign the form is not conditional on any others signing, but he expressed lingering bitterness over double standards on military service." Shocked

~snip~

"Asked what hurt him the most during the campaign, Kerry mused about how ''all of us are flawed as human beings" and ''I think I have a strong record" before raising his voice and declaring: ''One thing I know is that I didn't flip-flop on anything." Shocked Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: