SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Will Fox challenge Leahy on filibusters? Tune in.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 6:59 pm    Post subject: Will Fox challenge Leahy on filibusters? Tune in. Reply with quote

Fox News has booked Senator Patrick Leahy (D-VT) as a guest for today's "Fox News Sunday", airing at 5:00 PM EDT. Please, please, Fox, challenge Leahy on his anti-filibuster speech from 1998:

Quote:
"I have stated over and over again on this floor that I would refuse to put an anonymous hold on any judge; that I would object and fight against any filibuster on a judge, whether it is somebody I opposed or supported; that I felt the Senate should do its duty. If we don't like somebody the President nominates, vote him or her down."

Source: Congressional Record, Pg. S6521, 18 June 1998

Schadow
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Please, please, Fox, challenge Leahy on his anti-filibuster speech from 1998:

This weekend, Foxnews is too busy trying to incite the lynch mobs to go after Jennifer Wilbanks Rolling Eyes

Mundane matters, like the filibuster, shutting down the government, a war against terrorism, a traitorous B**ch hawking a book and movie and other unimportant matters seems to have taken a backseat.

Ever so gradually, I have been watching as Fox seems to drift further and further left on us. Any more, Sean Hannity is about the only one worth listening to there.
I B Squidly
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless Humes or Wallace or Snow are on the ticket I've given up on FoxNews. The unsubtle Hannity is not a draw for me.

Wallace determinedly finessed Leahy into hanging himself on both Social Security and the Filibuster. Hannity would have ranted and raved to dubious effect.

I know Colmes started in standup comedy but I didn't know that of Juan Williams. Certainly comic relief seems to be his function. Mora's photo is in the dictionary under clueless.

-Wlm Shakespeare
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LewWaters wrote:
Mundane matters, like the filibuster, shutting down the government, .....and other unimportant matters seems to have taken a backseat.

Lew, I quite agree with you about Fox in general. I have about tuned them out since they have become almost totally a missing persons bureau with fingernails-on-the-blackboard Greta personally interviewing cadaver dogs all over the country.

Chris Wallace did come through this afternoon by quoting the anti-filibuster sentiments of Leahy back to him, but Wallace made a fatal error: He left out some inconsequential phrases in the quote which allowed Leahy to accuse Wallace of dot-dot-dotting him and therefore claiming the old 'out of context' ploy. It certainly was not out of context but the old gasbag managed to somewhat wriggle free.

I'm sure he'll get a 'wet kiss' from Harry Reid.

The panel section of the show (Brit, Bill, Mara, Juan) produced the usual outlandish tripe and non-sequiturs from Juan, leaving Brit shaking his head in disbelief at the bell.

Can the American people, red or blue, be so blind as to even entertain the democrats so-called ideas? Beam me up, Scottie! Rolling Eyes

Schadow
PhantomSgt
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schadow wrote:

Beam me up, Scottie! Rolling Eyes

Schadow

Aye Captain! Energizing!

Cool Cool Cool

Independent that leans right of center.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: