SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Liberals outraged at Roves words, call for his resignation
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ohio Voter
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 10:46 am    Post subject: Liberals outraged at Roves words, call for his resignation Reply with quote

Here is what Rove said at a conservative fund raiser. ""Conservatives saw the savagery of 9/11 in the attacks and prepared for war; liberals saw the savagery of the 9/11 attacks and wanted to prepare indictments and offer therapy and understanding for our attackers," Mr. Rove, the senior political adviser to President Bush, said at a fund-raiser in Midtown for the Conservative Party of New York State."
NYTimes

Now the liberals are calling for his resignation.

So what do you think? Laughing Laughing Laughing

note: url converted to hypertext/kate
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Karl Rove could wear the wrong tie and the liberals would attack him and call for his resignation. Confused

I also think his comments were brilliantly sarcastic and right on target! Tell it, Karl!
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I was thinking that Mr. Rove's statement was one of the most clearly phrased and concise utterances it has been my pleasure to hear. He is dead on and totally correct. There is no way to express the differences between Conservatives and Liberals with any more clarity.
Bravo Zulu to Mr. Rove.
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This morning on the Today show the President's counsel/spokesman was on (his name is escaping me) and he pointed out something on live tv that all the other MSM has managed to hide - right after Rove said those words, in the next sentences he referred to 'Moveon.org' specifically. And was very clear that he was referring to 'Liberals,' not Democrats as a whole, and the Liberals that supported Moveon.org and that were against going to war.

Last edited by Rdtf on Fri Jun 24, 2005 12:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of the patrons of this site recognize that there are Republicans and Democrats and separately there are Liberals and Conservatives. This is an important point because the majority of Americans automatically lump Republicans and Conservatives together and similarly lump Democrats and Liberals together. John McCain may be a Republican but he certainly acts like a Liberal. Zell Miller is a Democrat, but couldn't be a better Conservative. Mr. Rove's statement clearly shows an understanding of the situaton in America.
NYCnative
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

His words were dead on message. If you notice you have John Kerry, Clinton, Schumer and the other liberals outraged at what Carl Rove said, YET they had nothing to say when it came to comparing our military to the Gulags.

He struck one hell of a nerve.

This is what won it for Bush. When Kerry said that about it being a police action rather than a military one, people reacted to that. They talk about getting Osama but how was a police action going to do any better at Tora Bora? Laughing When he disappeared into the mountains of Pakistan would a police action be any more efficient?

The Middle East operates on strong military action. Libya would never have come clean if it wasn't for Iraq. They fear strong armies, showing weakness emboldens them. This is a perfect time for this kind of debate!

Sen Lyndsey Graham is going around saying the people of my state are losing faith in the war in Iraq. Well, I think leaders should lead! He is not making it clear to the people of his state how important the war is. He should be encouraging the people to be strong, even when we have hardships. I am so tired of these wobbling, wavering elected officials who are acting based on the perception his people have of the mission and not educating them on how important the mission is. We must succeed in Iraq and no amount of regret some may have on the issue should deter us from the mission at hand now.

Evil or Very Mad

"Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof." -Inscription on the Liberty Bell
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NYCNative:
Quote:
Sen Lyndsey Graham is going around saying the people of my state are losing faith in the war in Iraq. Well, I think leaders should lead! He is not making it clear to the people of his state how important the war is. He should be encouraging the people to be strong, even when we have hardships. I am so tired of these wobbling, wavering elected officials who are acting based on the perception his people have of the mission and not educating them on how important the mission is. We must succeed in Iraq and no amount of regret some may have on the issue should deter us from the mission at hand now.

Well said!!
NYCnative
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rdtf wrote:
NYCNative:
Quote:

Well said!!

Thank you.

So much for Hillary showing how much she's moved to the right! When asked about Durbins remarks, she danced around and wouldn't answer. Rove is the puppet master when it comes to pulling the liberals strings. Laughing

"Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof." -Inscription on the Liberty Bell
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is brilliance on Rove's part!!
The ultimate rope-a-dope, and the Libs don't even know it.
Rove knew these remarks would create a clamor and outcry from the Libs, which would of course get wide coverage in the MSM.
What better way to bring attention to the TRUTH that Rove speaks
than to create a controversy where the Leftist idiocy is exposed over and over again to the public.

Just give the Libs the rope and let them hang themselves!!!
“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)

Last edited by shawa on Fri Jun 24, 2005 1:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
gmez2001
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 1:31 pm    Post subject: Rove Reply with quote

Rove's my political hero.

This is just another effort from the leftist to keep the conservative movement 'off balance'-bitc---- ,moaning,complaining constantly.
When are the repub's going to BLAST these people back? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Tanya
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2005/6/23/183338.shtml

Clinton 9/11 Reaction Proves Rove Right

"Democrats are livid over Karl Rove's complaint that liberals reacted to the 9/11 attacks by urging "understanding" for terrorists.

But that was exactly the advice offered by ex-President Clinton, delivered in an address to Georgetown University less than two months after the attacks."
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tanya...the closing remark was nuclear...

Quote:
By the time Mr. Clinton was done with his terrorism history lesson, it was clear America got what it deserved on 9/11.
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me#1You#10 wrote:
Tanya...the closing remark was nuclear...

Quote:
By the time Mr. Clinton was done with his terrorism history lesson, it was clear America got what it deserved on 9/11.

and I thought I couldn't despise him more.
Tanya

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.papillonsartpalace.com/clintonsW.htm

CIA Official Confirms Ruddy Terror Exclusive

Wednesday Sept. 13, 2001; 12:02 a.m. EDT

"A former CIA official said late Wednesday that U.S. spy recruitment had been decimated by strict Clinton administration rules that tied the agency's hands in its war against terrorism, a development first reported by NewsMax.com's Executive Editor Christopher Ruddy.

"We don't have enough people on the ground in the right places," former Iraqi bureau station chief Whitney Bruner told Fox News Channel's Bill O'Reilly.

"Partly it's because there's a culture that I think has developed in Washington concerning human operations over the last several years," Bruner said; a policy that limited the kind of people the agency could deal with.

"When you're dealing with a terrorist target you are dealing with what might charitably be called slimeballs - very, very unpleasant type people who probably have criminal records," the former station chief explained.

But the people in a position to know about terrorists' plans were off limits under Clinton-era CIA regulations.

"We're not allowed to deal with them ... if the person you are trying to recruit against a terrorist target has questions of human rights or other kinds of crime," Bruner revealed.

Nearly a day before the former CIA official spoke out, a CIA source identified only as "Roger" told NewsMax.com's Christopher Ruddy that the CIA's "Human Rights Scrub" policy, developed during the Clinton years, made the recruitment of intelligence assets nearly impossible.

"Previously, I wrote how Clinton effectively stopped the recruitment of Chinese nationals by demanding that only high-ranking embassy officials could be recruited knowing this is almost impossible. Roger told me that. Roger reminded me again of this today.

"He noted that Clinton policies reached their zenith under CIA Director John Deutch and his top assistant, Nora Slatkin. The pair ran Clinton's CIA in the mid-1990s and implemented a 'human rights scrub' policy.

"Here's how Roger described it in an e-mail Tuesday evening: 'Deutch and Nora, Clinton's anti-intelligence plants, implemented a universal human rights scrub of all assets, virtually shutting down operations for 6 months to a year. This was after something happened in Central America (there was an American woman involved who was the common law wife of a commie who went missing there) that got a lot of bad press for the agency.

"'After that, each asset had to be certified as being 'clean for human rights violations.'

"'What this did was to put off limits, in effect, terrorists, criminals, and anyone else who would have info on these kinds of people.'

"Roger says the CIA, even under new leadership, has never recovered from the 'Human Rights Scrub' policy."

And alot more here:
http://www.papillonsartpalace.com/billC.htm
Tanya

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles/ReadArticle.asp?ID=1007

By David Horowitz
FrontPageMagazine.com | May 20, 2002

IT FIGURES. The guilty ones are the first to point the finger. Now the same Democrats who for eight years slashed the military, crippled the CIA, blamed America for the enemies it made, opposed the projection of American power (missiles and smart bombs excepted) into terrorist regions like Afghanistan and Iraq, dismissed acts of war as individual misdeeds, rejected airport security on "racial profiling" grounds, defended a commander-in-chief who put his libido above the security of his citizens, and still oppose essential defense measures like holding suspects and imposing immigration controls – these same obstructers and appeasers are now in full war cry against the President and are hoping to pin him with responsibility for the September 11 attack.

Not every Democrat is as kooky or anti-American as Rep. Cynthia McKinney (D-GA) who sits with Democratic connivance on the International Relations Committee and spent the week before 9-11 joining hands in South Africa with Iranians and other Islamo-fascists to condemn the United States, then came home to accuse Bush of plotting 9-11 so that his friends in the Carlyle Group could make war profits on defense contracts. But more mainstream Democrats -- the Leahys and the Boxers and other equally left and determined antagonists of American power -- are far more significant players in the debacle of 9/11. And no one is more singularly responsible for America’s vulnerability on that fateful day than the Democratic president, Bill Clinton, and his White House staff.

It is appropriate therefore that the crowning irony of the present Democrat attack is that it is the Clinton Administration not George Bush who knew of the plot to use airliners as bombs to blow up American buildings, that they knew it in 1995, that they did nothing about it, and that they kept this information from the Bush security team.

But first the background.

The first World Trade Center bombing was on February 26, 1993, one month into the Clinton Administration. The terrorists – Egyptians and Palestinians -- blew a hole six stories deep beneath the North Tower intending to topple it onto the South Tower and kill 250,000 people. It was – in the words of the definitive account – "the most ambitious terrorist attack ever attempted, anywhere, ever." Clinton did nothing. He did not even visit the site. Worse, he allowed the attack to be categorized as a criminal act by individuals, even though its mastermind – as the administration soon discovered -- was an Iraqi intelligence agent named Ramzi Youssef.

The second attack took place 10 months later in Mogadishu, Somalia. It was an attack on American military forces who were in country to bring food to the starving Somalis. In the battle, which has been memorialized in Black Hawk Down, eighteen American soldiers were killed and the body of one was dragged through the streets in a gesture designed to formally humiliate the world’s greatest super power. Clinton’s response? He turned tail and ran.

More at above link: Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

AND THEY WANT KARL ROVE TO RESIGN! Evil or Very Mad WHEN PIGS FLY!

NEVER FORGET!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: