SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Global Antiwar Movement Declares Support For Terrorists

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 3:42 am    Post subject: Global Antiwar Movement Declares Support For Terrorists Reply with quote

From Free Republic by kristinn, head of their DC Chapter
Quote:
GLOBAL ANTIWAR MOVEMENT DECLARES SUPPORT FOR TERRORISTS AGAINST US, UK
Monday, June 27, 2005 | Kristinn

At the culmination of a gathering of global 'antiwar' groups in Istanbul to hold court on the liberation of Iraq led by the United States and the United Kingdom, the jurors who heard testimony against the liberators issued their findings which included a declaration of support for the terrorists in Iraq who are killing American, British and coalition soldiers and Iraqis.The World Tribunal on Iraq is endorsed by leading leftwing organizations from around the world including American-based groups like Not in Our Name Project, United for Peace and Justice, Code Pink and International ANSWER.

The war on terror has reached a critical juncture. The left has publicly chosen sides with this announcement. There can be no more talk of 'we support the soldiers but not the war.' As Aloha Ronnie says, THE ENEMY IS WITHIN.

Here are two statements from the tribunal's announcement on Iraq:

10. There is widespread opposition to the occupation. Political, social, and civil resistance through peaceful means is subjected to repression by the occupying forces. It is the brutality of the occupation that has provoked a strong armed resistance and certain acts of desperation. By the principles embodied in the UN Charter and in international law, the popular national resistance to the occupation is legitimate and justified. It deserves the support of people everywhere who care for justice and freedom.

AND

III. Recommendations
Recognizing the right of the Iraqi people to resist the illegal occupation of their country and to develop independent institutions, and affirming that the right to resist the occupation is the right to wage a struggle for self-determination, freedom, and independence as derived from the Charter of the United Nations, we the Jury of Conscience declare our solidarity with the people of Iraq.

The Tribunal also calls for the world community to support the terrorists by denying aid to those fighting them in Iraq:

10. That people around the world resist and reject any effort by any of their governments to provide material, logistical, or moral support to the occupation of Iraq.

The tribunal betrays the bravery of the 8 million Iraqis who their cast their votes in January by declaring the elected government of Iraq illegitimate. The terrorists couldn't have said it better:

9. Any law or institution created under the aegis of occupation is devoid of both legal and moral authority. The recently concluded election, the Constituent Assembly, the current government, and the drafting committee for the Constitution are therefore all illegitimate.

Link to the tribunal's pronouncement here
Link to the list of endorsers here

Some of you may read this and say this is not news. As with last night's posting about Code Pink the left has been trying keep under wraps their support for the terrorists. Now, they have boldy declared themselves to be on the side of the terrorists.

We knew this day would come after September 11. We just didn't know the day

That link to the list of endorsers has some familiar groups, includes that Veterans For Peace which we know as an anti war group in the vein of the VVAW

Have to wonder what the Iraqis who risked their lives to vote in that election think of these groups that belong to this Jury of Conscience declaring their election illegitimate

kristinn listed a some items from their announcement ...here's a couple more
Quote:
4. That the Guantanamo Bay prison and all other offshore US military prisons be closed immediately; that the names of the prisoners be disclosed, that they receive POW status, and receive due process;

8. That soldiers exercise conscience and refuse to enlist and participate in an illegal war. Also that countries provide conscientious objectors political asylum.

LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's alive and well within our own country. The looney left cries about the war, Democrat Congressmen and women blurt out any and every hateful thing they can think of, the Useless Nations stands united against the US, except for when they want money and now, Time magazine prints an interview with an Iraqi Suicide Bomber in training. Rolling Eyes

Quote:
Inside the Mind of an Iraqi Suicide Bomber

IN A RARE INTERVIEW, A TERRORIST IN TRAINING REVEALS CHILLING SECRETS ABOUT THE INSURGENCY'S DEADLIEST WEAPONS
By APARISIM GHOSH / BAGHDAD

One day soon, this somber young man plans to offer up a final prayer and then blow himself up along with as many U.S. or Iraqi soldiers as he can reach. Marwan Abu Ubeida says he has been training for months to carry out a suicide mission. He doesn't know when or where he will be ordered to climb into a bomb-laden vehicle or strap on an explosives-filled vest but says he is eager for the moment to come. While he waits, he spends much of his time rehearsing that last prayer. "First I will ask Allah to bless my mission with a high rate of casualties among the Americans," he says, speaking softly in a matter-of-fact monotone, as if dictating a shopping list. "Then I will ask him to purify my soul so I am fit to see him, and I will ask to see my mujahedin brothers who are already with him." He pauses to run the list through his mind again, then resumes: "The most important thing is that he should let me kill many Americans."

Read More

Amazing, the media will sit down with a known teorrist, give them a prominent mention in a US magazine and not let the US Military know what they know. It's as if they all have decided the US needs to fall on it's face and they are hastening it. If it does, who will they cry out for when they no longer have the freedoms they take for granted today?
MrJapan
PO1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree completely... I think we all know that they want this administration to fall as hard as they can make it do so. The harder this administration falls, the better they look in the public's eyes (the blind and gullable ones anyway). This IS looking almost identical to Vietnam (and even to our post victory of WWII in Europe, if you compair it to how the media at that time was making it look like we failed in spreading democracy).

My question is, how long would it take the 'other side' to realise the freedoms they lost because of their lack of ability to understand that you MUST fight for freedom when you have enemies that want to destroy it. You can't talk peace with them.

I hope I never have to see that day, but I wish there was a way to throw them in that situation/scenario so that they could finally understand Confused

MJ
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: