SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1 IN 10 BIRTHS IN 2002 WERE TO ILLEGAL ALIEN MOMS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doll
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 2:53 am    Post subject: 1 IN 10 BIRTHS IN 2002 WERE TO ILLEGAL ALIEN MOMS Reply with quote

REPORT: NEARLY 1 IN 10 BIRTHS IN 2002 WERE TO ILLEGAL ALIEN MOMS

By malkin · July 11, 2005 04:49 PM

In 2002, an estimated 9.5 percent of all births in the United States were to illegal immigrant mothers, according to a new report by the Center for Immigration Studies (CIS).

The study's author, Steven A. Camarota, notes that births to illegal aliens will complicate efforts to enforce a “temporary” worker program:

Quote:
[A]s U.S. citizens these children have a right to stay permanently, their citizenship can prevent a parent’s deportation, and once adults they can sponsor their parents for green cards. The large number of children born to illegals also shows that a “temporary” worker program is unrealistic. It would result in hundreds of thousands of permanent additions to the U.S. population each year, exactly what such a program is supposed to avoid. Births to illegal aliens remind us that illegals are not simply workers, but rather they are human beings who, like all people, will have children.

The Immigration Blog

The HILL Chronicles

Soldiers' Angels

"Wednesday Hero - Google It!"
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VA, there was more to the story. A bill is being "flown around" that seems at this point not to be opposed saying babies of illegals are just that! And therefore not entitled to all that Americans are.

Works for me! Wink
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought I might just throw in a Question, I understand that Alaskan citizens each recieve (x amount) of money from thier oil revenues. that being said I wonder if I took my pregnant wife on vacation--and she gave birth in state---would my child be entitled to a lifetime of free money? not to mention food stamps, free medical, subsidized housing, low interest loans, free lunch,wic,ect.ect.?..... Shocked
PhantomSgt
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blue9t3 wrote:
Thought I might just throw in a Question, I understand that Alaskan citizens each recieve (x amount) of money from thier oil revenues. that being said I wonder if I took my pregnant wife on vacation--and she gave birth in state---would my child be entitled to a lifetime of free money? not to mention food stamps, free medical, subsidized housing, low interest loans, free lunch,wic,ect.ect.?..... Shocked

Hey that sounds like a great college plan. Why don't you bundle up the pregnant wife, hit the ALCAN and let her drop when you hit the border.

Cool Cool Cool

Independent that leans right of center.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: