SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CRUISE 'WAR OF THE PSYCO' ON THE TODAY SHOW
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SBD
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 7:50 pm    Post subject: CRUISE 'WAR OF THE PSYCO' ON THE TODAY SHOW Reply with quote

Quote:

// MATT LAUER: But a little bit what you're saying Tom is, you say you want people to do well. But you want them do to well by taking the road that you approve of, as opposed to a road that may work for them.

TOM CRUISE: No, no, I'm not.

MATT LAUER: Well, if antidepressants work for Brooke Shields, why isn't that okay?

TOM CRUISE: I-- I disagree with it. And I think that there's a higher and better quality of life. And I think that promoting for me personally, see, you're saying what, I can't discuss what I wanna discuss?

MATT LAUER: No. You absolutely can.

TOM CRUISE: I know. But-- but Matt, you're going in and saying that-- that I can't discuss this.

MATT LAUER: I'm only asking, isn't there a possibility that-- do-- do you examine the possibility that these things do work for some people? That yes, there are abuses. And yes, maybe they've gone too far in certain areas. Maybe there are too many kids on Ritalin. Maybe electric shock--

TOM CRUISE: Too many kids on Ritalin? Matt.

MATT LAUER: I'm just saying. But-- but aren't there--

TOM CRUISE: Matt.

MATT LAUER: --examples where it works?

TOM CRUISE: Matt. Matt, Matt, you don't even-- you're glib. You don't even know what Ritalin is.// //if you start talking about chemical imbalance, you have to evaluate and read the research papers on how they came up with these theories, Matt, okay. That's what I've done. Then you go and you say where's-- where's the medical test? Where's the blood test that says how much Ritalin you're supposed to get?

MATT LAUER: You're-- you're-- it's very impressive to listen to you. Because clearly, you've done the homework. And-- and you know the subject.

TOM CRUISE: And you should.

MATT LAUER: And-- and--

TOM CRUISE: And you should do that also.

MATT LAUER: And--

TOM CRUISE: Because just knowing people who are on Ritalin isn't enough. //you should be a little bit more responsible in knowing really--

MATT LAUER: I'm not prescribing Ritalin, Tom. And I'm not asking--

TOM CRUISE: Well--

MATT LAUER: --anyone else to do it. I'm simply saying--

(OVERTALK)

TOM CRUISE: Well, you are. You're saying--

MATT LAUER: I know some people who seem to have been helped by it.

TOM CRUISE: I-- but you're saying-- but you-- like-- this is a very important issue.

MATT LAUER: I couldn't agree more.

TOM CRUISE: It's very-- and you know what? You're here on the Today Show.

MATT LAUER: Right.

TOM CRUISE: And to talk about it in a way of saying, "Well, isn't it okay," and being reasonable about it when you don't know and I do, I think that you should be a little bit more responsible in knowing what it is.

MATT LAUER: But--

TOM CRUISE: Because you-- you communicate to people.

MATT LAUER: But you're now telling me that your experiences with the people I know, which are zero, are more important than my experiences.

TOM CRUISE: What do you mean by that?

MATT LAUER: You're telling me what's worked for people I know or hasn't worked for people I know. // i'm telling you i've lived with these people and they're better.

TOM CRUISE: So, you're-- you're advocating it.

MATT LAUER: I am not. I'm telling you in their case-- (LAUGHTER)

Quote:

MATT LAUER: Do you want more people to understand Scientology? Is that-- would that be a goal of yours?

TOM CRUISE: You know what? I-- absolutely. Of course, you know. And people--

MATT LAUER: How do you go about that?

TOM CRUISE: You just communicate about it. And the important thing is, like you and I talk about it, whether it's-- okay, if I wanna know something, I go and find out. /Because I don't talk about things that I don't understand. I'll say, you know what? I'm not so sure about that. I'll go find more information about it so I can-- I can come to an opinion based on-- on the information that I have.

SBD
rparrott21
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm growing so tire of Tom Cruise..
Armybrat/Armymom
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he's on the way out. He's coming across as a kook.
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom Cruise is definately a kook and anyone else who would follow a religion conjured up by a science fiction writer. edited by Admin (Lew) No matter what we feel about any legal religion, we don't condone disparaging comments against any. We still have freedom of religion, no matter what it is.

In this bizarre and difficult to follow engagement of two erudite heavy weights, ritalin becomes the truth temptation. Tom is absolutely correct in that Ritalin is a horrible drug and being abused by millions, in fact I would argue it is nothing more then government sanctioned meth for tots, but who dares follow Tom into the rabbit hole.

The absolute truth Tom believes to have discovered is more likely hell on earth. The absence of God. A void within the fabric of moral conscience given to man by God. A nightmare only to be seen past the point of return.
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess Mr. Cruise has recieved his calling from the aliens to go forth and spread the word... Rolling Eyes
McCuddy on Fox has been spilling the gossip that the whole relationship w/Katie Holmes is a business transaction - a 5 year deal, and she actually tried out for the job...
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing
http://www.freekatie.net/
GM Strong
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Armybrat/Armymom wrote:
I think he's on the way out. He's coming across as a kook.

He is a kook. I have no use for these clods/buffoons/morons/whatever. All the movies I have taken my kids to in the past few years have been animated. Cartoon characters don't talk to the MSM is their spare time and are more intelligent in that respect.
Armybrat/Armymom
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We went to see "War of the Worlds" last night and Cruise left any acting talents he had at the door. Wasn't worth the money we spent. The original "War of the Worlds" movie(1953) was far superior.
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am having fun looking up stuff on this site - thought I'd post this one:

http://newsmeat.com/celebrity_political_donations/Tom_Cruise.php

Recorded campaign contributions:
CRUISE, TOM
LOS ANGELES, CA 90067
ACTOR
BOXER, BARBARA (D)
Senate - CA
FRIENDS OF BARBARA BOXER $1,000
primary 03/31/03
CRUISE, TOM
LOS ANGELES, CA 90067
ACTOR
CLINTON, HILLARY RODHAM (D)
Senate - NY
NEW YORK SENATE 2000 $5,000
primary 06/30/00
CRUISE, TOM
LOS ANGELES, CA 90067
ACTOR
CLINTON, HILLARY RODHAM (D)
Senate - NY
NEW YORK SENATE 2000 $5,000
primary 12/27/99
Uisguex Jack
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhh... the scientologists
so much to say
and not enough time
not in one lifetime
not even in nine

very sad story for ms. Holmes
for cruise as well.

These guys are expert in blackmail
of what you tell.
kman
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cruise has really gone off the deep end, but dang, War of the Worlds was a good movie IMO--especially the special effects. I know some saw politics and anti-war statements in it and all, but I just thought it was a good flick. Could have used more military shoot-em-ups though.

Kurt
docford
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously, Tom Cruise has paid sufficient money to Scientology to reach one of the upper level Operation Theta levels- where the strange becomes whacky, and the whacky becomes reality to these idiots.

Anyone who has not taken the time should do a Google search on Xenu, evil overlord of Galactic Federation. He did his evil deed right here on Earth (then known as Teegeeack) more than 75 million years ago with the help of the psychiatrists, and we humans are still paying the price according to Scientology doctrine. The psychiatrists on orders from Xenu supposedly planted false images of religion (virgin birth, crucifixion and ressurection)into . . . . . Well, it is too strange and convoluted to get into in this forum.

This piece of science fiction tripe is key to understanding where Scientology is coming from.
docford
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who else but L. Ron Hubbard could combine the following plot elements into one story, and then turn that story into a religion:

an evil galactic overlord

planetary overpopulation

tax audits

psychiatrists

suspended animation through use of alcohol and glycol

McDonnell Douglas DC-8 airplanes

hydrogen bombs

volcanoes

multiplex cinemas

planetary destruction

mass murder

disembodied souls invading human bodies

attacks on all established religions

brainwashing

Did you know that your body is currently infested with approximately 2,209 disembodied souls of Body Thetans, and that these Thetans are the source of your false belief in your religion, as well as any body ailment or psychiatric problem you now have? Scary.
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re: Scientology - Just in case ya'll didn't know this:

http://home.snafu.de/tilman/prolinks/greta.html
Scientology and Greta van Susteren
Quote:
Greta van Susteren once said in the Washington Post that she is a Scientologist ("I like the ethics") and in People ("I'm a strong advocate of their ethics"). Ethics in Scientology is not the same as in the real world. It means to "remove counter-intentions from the environment", i.e. to get the job done and apply Scientology. Greta has done this for many years at CNN and before, although she has tried to keep a rather low profile on the Scientology angle of these activities.

-snip-

Greta and her husband John P. Coale were investors in the Ponzi scheme of Scientologist Reed Slatkin; they invested $2.1 million and received $2.7 million in payments according to this report by the court-appointed trustee. When being told that even innocent parties (i.e. participants who didn't know it was a Ponzi scheme) are required to return the extra money, John Coale said: "I'll fight this thing for 100 years" because "Most of that money went to the IRS." (Source: The Los Angeles Times from 21.12.2001)
The 100 years fight is already over. John and Greta are settling the case and will pay back $705,000 to the estate in seven semi-annual installments.

For years, Greta van Susteren was CNN's inhouse Scientologist and legal talker and co-hosted the show Burden of Proof until December 2001, when the show was cancelled and her co-host Roger Cossack fired. She then hosted The Point with Greta Van Susteren, a news and analysis show, until the end of 2001, when she resigned and signed up at FOXnews. At the end of January 2002, she had cosmetic surgery, which is why people nicknamed her Greta van Surgery. The "new, improved" FOXNews Greta looks quite different from the old "no frills" CNN Greta.
It is unknown to me what influence she had in CNN, and what her responsibility is for CNN's support of scientology was (e.g. cancelling the interview of Richard Behar after TIME won). She donated at least $40,000 to the "war chest" of the IAS (IMPACT #25; donation no longer mentioned on later editions), which is responsible for hate propaganda.

Her sister Lise Van Susteren is a psychiatrist in Washington, DC. Altough Scientologists cultivate a strong hatred for the mental health profession ("Psychiatry kills") and claim that it is a huge scam, Scientologist John Coale even called Lise to get the name of a cosmetic surgeon.

The weird clothing from her CNN days can be explained: it's her husband. He buys her clothes. (An important Scientology concept is not to "invalidate" another scientologists opinion).

Learn more about Greta and her husband, and their "ethics" in the Scientology Celebrity FAQ
Armybrat/Armymom
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was able to locate and watch the 1953 version of War of the Worlds this past week. It was as good as I remembered it. And it would be considered Politically Incorrect. The people sought refuge in horrors upon horrors CHURCHES and gave credit to GOD. Does this new version do this?

And I thought the special effects was pretty darn good for 1953.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: