SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

As surely as death and taxes...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 1:34 am    Post subject: As surely as death and taxes... Reply with quote

Several weeks ago I posted...

Quote:
While I have yet to see it speculated, sooner or later there's going to be a call for 911-esque government compensation to the survivors of deceased victims, and I think you can take that to the bank.

Dunno what took Jackson soooo long...

Quote:
Rev. Jesse Jackson is calling for the creation of a Hurricane Katrina Victims Compensation Fund that could dole out tens of billions of dollars to New Orleans flood victims over and above the $60 billion already appropriated by Congress for reconstruction.

"We need a Hurricane Victims Fund to provide resources to the affected people and families, based on the same compensation and assistance formula of the 9/11 Victims Fund," Jackson says on his Rainbow/Push web site.

The 9/11 fund distributed $7 billion to the families of those killed in America's worst terrorist attack, in exchange for a promise that they wouldn't bring crippling legal action against American and United Airlines, whose planes were hijacked.

Jackson's call for a 9/11-style Katrina fund echoes former New Orleans Mayor Marc Morial, who's urging Congress to establish a Katrina victims' Bill of Rights that would include compensation.

Outlining his plans Monday night in a speech at the University of Pennsylvania, Morial slammed the Bush administration for what he said was its "miserably failed response" to the storm.

Morial suggested that a massive victims' payout would "ensure that this never happens again."

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2005/9/13/231210.shtml

Last edited by Me#1You#10 on Fri Sep 16, 2005 5:30 am; edited 1 time in total
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would think the many millions donated privately towards the Hurricane vicitms was to help them. Now, Jesse Jackson says they need even more?
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How dare you ? you owe hear me? you owe and if I can get my race pimpin hands on it , I want more, you owe!.....little jesse hasn't figured out how to not to insult people with an IQ above 60!
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"We need a Hurricane Victims Fund to provide resources to the affected people and families, based on the same compensation and assistance formula of the 9/11 Victims Fund," Jackson says on his Rainbow/Push web site.

I was convinced early on that the largesse of 911 was going to come back and bite us BIG TIME...a precedent created that this country can just not afford, no thanks to the emotional pandering of the pols. Well, we're stuck with it now and the caterwauling for similar compensation is going to become deafening...and not just from Jackson.
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me#1You#10 wrote:
I was convinced early on that the largesse of 911 was going to come back and bite us BIG TIME...a precedent created that this country can just not afford, no thanks to the emotional pandering of the pols. Well, we're stuck with it now and the caterwauling for similar compensation is going to become deafening...and not just from Jackson.

#1, you hit it square on the head. We need a return to self-reliance as opposed to the government will be there for you at every turn.
3rd gen Navy
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

amen.
BS Biology, Business Administration, Nursing
The Deal with Life: Make decisions based on what you might gain, not on what you may lose.
!!!!!! LET THE WILD RUMPUS BEGIN !!!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: