SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

It's Not The Foulup, It's The Coverup

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bill Levinson
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 12:50 am    Post subject: It's Not The Foulup, It's The Coverup Reply with quote

"It's not the foulup, it's the coverup." ("Foul" is not the word of which I am thinking but it will do.)

This could be a nice new slogan regarding the efforts of the DNC to intimidate television statements into refusing the Swiftvets ad. I could envision an animation in which the Swiftvets ad is written over by the word "CENSORSHIP" followed by the slogan, "It's not the screwup, it's the coverup. WHAT ARE THEY AFRAID OF?"

Or, "If it's really false, why are they afraid that you might see it?"

All sorts of things could be done with this.
Acksiom
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps another ad, specifically addressing this chilling assault on free speech?
SonTestedShelter
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 1:12 am    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

Not an ad...it needs to get out another way.
Acksiom
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 1:22 am    Post subject: Re: ... Reply with quote

SonTestedShelter wrote:
Not an ad...it needs to get out another way.

Why, please?
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acksiom wrote:
Perhaps another ad, specifically addressing this chilling assault on free speech?

How about an image of a pile of books, burning?

The image below captures the censorship-by-threat sentiment.

[Image removed]

FDL
Bill Levinson
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How does the picture look now? (Hey, MoveOn.org had a picture of Bush as Hitler, as I recall, so turnabout is fair play.)

[image removed]

See also my picture at http://www.stentorian.com/politics/#firing%20squad regarding the DNC's handling of the 2000 election in Florida.[/img]
GoophyDog
PO1

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we avoid this road please? The democrats have already been using the nazi, brown shirt crap and it was disgusting. Used against dems may make you feel better but its still disgusting.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The images have been removed as they really have no business here. Let's keep our thoughts focused on furthering the cause of exposing Kerry, but not by lowering ourselves to their standard.

Thanks.
Cowboy
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the photo of book burning a lot and I think it's appropriate. Michael Moore has F-9/11, which is a play on the title Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury about book burning. I think the public should be informed exactly who the fascists are, Michael Moore, John Kerry and the DNC.
tngator
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

video of George Soros: voiceover: it was ok when George Soros wanted to fund a political action committee to the tune of 75 million dollars with the sole goal of ousting GWB. <fade out>

video of Michael Moore: voiceover: it was ok when Michael Moore produced a film full of half truths and innuendo <fade out>

video of swift boats racing up a river: voiceover: When a veterans group that served with John Kerry <fade in officer group photo> spoke out against the Democratic Nominee <fade in winter soldier shot> who supported the war before he was against it <fade in SF gay marriages> who supported gay rights before he was against it <fade in war in Iraq> who supported the war on terrorism before he was against it <fade in a group photo of the swiftees from tv ad> But, yet ......pause.....now it is NOT ok for our voices to be heard? <fade in collage of photos of all swiftees opposed to Kerry> it is not ok for us to oppose a record that he is running on? America, you be the judge.......roll a list of references.

Would play very well on the internet. Then again, it's nearly 5:00am and I was bored Laughing
Cowboy
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a great idea too. There's a lot at stake here. There's a war on, a very serious one. The critical battleground is the homeland, not the middle east. It's clear the US can win if it has the will.

The reason the US lost the war was because of John Kerry and people like Michael Moore. Unlike the Vietnam war, the present war is one that the US cannot walk away from. It's either face the enemy and maybe take a knife in the chest or walk away and take a knife in the back. This is the type of enemy that if you run away from, will follow you back to your home and kill you while you're sleeping.

Maybe what happens in November won't directly impact our lives, but our children and grandchildren will have to live with it.

There's no point in seizing the moral high ground. There's one objective, win. If the ads help to keep Kerry out of office, they are good.
Bill Levinson
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tngator wrote:
video of George Soros: voiceover: it was ok when George Soros wanted to fund a political action committee to the tune of 75 million dollars with the sole goal of ousting GWB. <fade out>

video of Michael Moore: voiceover: it was ok when Michael Moore produced a film full of half truths and innuendo <fade out>

video of swift boats racing up a river: voiceover: When a veterans group that served with John Kerry <fade in officer group photo> spoke out against the Democratic Nominee <fade in winter soldier shot> who supported the war before he was against it <fade in SF gay marriages> who supported gay rights before he was against it <fade in war in Iraq> who supported the war on terrorism before he was against it <fade in a group photo of the swiftees from tv ad> But, yet ......pause.....now it is NOT ok for our voices to be heard? <fade in collage of photos of all swiftees opposed to Kerry> it is not ok for us to oppose a record that he is running on? America, you be the judge.......roll a list of references.

Would play very well on the internet. Then again, it's nearly 5:00am and I was bored Laughing

I like this better than the Nazi book burning picture, but it has to be shown on TV or the Internet (and the latter primarily for people with high-speed connections).

I wouldn't put in the gay marriage issue (even though I am personally against affirming gay marriages, although I think what people do in the privacy of their own homes is their own business) because that will alienate a small section of the electorate-- focus on Soros and Moore, and don't forget to quote Moore when he calls the insurgents who are killing our troops in Iraq "Minutemen."
Bill Levinson
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 4:51 pm    Post subject: Propaganda principles Reply with quote

GoophyDog wrote:
Can we avoid this road please? The democrats have already been using the nazi, brown shirt crap and it was disgusting. Used against dems may make you feel better but its still disgusting.

I agree that it is disgusting because we are intelligent and educated people who recognize manipulative propaganda for what it is-- BUT we must remember that the Nazis got an entire nation to hate Jews by using exactly these methods. Here is what Hitler's propaganda minister said about the matter:

"...there was no point in seeking to convert the intellectuals [that's us]. For intellectuals would never be converted and would anyway always yield to the stronger, 'and this will always be the man in the street.' Arguments must therefore be crude, clear and forcible, and appeal to emotions and instincts, not the intellect. Truth was unimportant and entirely subordinate to tactics and psychology... Hatred and contempt must be directed at particular individuals" (-H. Trevor-Roper (ed), The Goebbels Diaries, p. XX, cited in Regan, Geoffrey. 1987. Great Military Disasters. New York: M. Evans and Company.)

That means that, if the Democrats are going to use this sort of thing (the latest remark, I think, was "brownshirted goons" and Al Gore accused Bush of "betraying our country"), we must use them back because the less-educated person in the street is going to swallow them whole. (Although what we say should always be truthful, contrary to the advice given by the unsavory individual whom I quoted.) Put another way, if I am fighting a thug who hits below the belt and there is no referee to enforce the Marquis of Queensbury's rules, his own oobligons are going to be at risk very quickly.

Kerry's people are following Joseph Goebbels' advice that repetition is the soul of propaganda. If you repeat a big lie long enough (e.g. George Bush used cocaine, George Bush mocked Karla Faye Tucker before her execution, and now George Bush paid for a girlfriend's abortion when abortion was illegal), people will believe it. Kerry's people have asked for it and we ought to give it to them. If we don't, the kind of people who buy The National Enquirer (Inquirer?) in grocery stores (the paper with articles about two-headed aliens) will swallow the DNC propaganda whole and vote for Kerry.

See my page on propaganda, http://www.stentorian.com/#Maine which shows how:

(1) The Yellow Press convinced the United States to go to war with Spain by using sensationalistic pictures, including an apelike creature in a Spanish uniform brandishing a blood-stained knife. (Spain's newspapers actually helped by depicting the United States as a pig, thus suggesting that Spain was spoiling for a fight.)

(2) France and Britain goaded the United States into World War I with sensationalistic pictures of semihuman beasts in spiked helmets.

See also http://www.stentorian.com/propagan.html. This stuff is very powerful and effective.[/url]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: