SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rep. Murtha (d) Calling for Immediate Withdrawl of Troops
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GM Strong wrote:
Militarily we won in Viet Nam. In 1973 the Liberal Cabal led by Ted Kennedy, the Cape Cod Orca, defunded the Defense of the South Vietnamese forces and within months there was a complete collapse.

We still have people is Bosnia, which in the opinion of many cannot be considered a war per se as it was "fought" from 15,000 ft. We bombed a lot of mocked up targets and blew up the Chinese Embassy. What an embarrassment.

Don't forget about our arming of the KLA, the Balkan Al Queda reps.
fortdixlover

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GenrXr wrote:
Militarily we won in Viet Nam. In 1973 the Liberal Cabal led by Ted Kennedy, the Cape Cod Orca, defunded the Defense of the South Vietnamese forces and within months there was a complete collapse.

And within a few years there was mass genocide by the communists, exactly the problem Nixon was trying to avoid.

Mary Jo Kopechne is not available for comment due to health issues. However, her medical condition is stable.

-- FDL
jwb7605
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schadow wrote:
jwb7605 wrote:
.....I'm thinking this might result in respectable elected officials from BOTH parties.

<SNIP>
Just remember, punishing Bush is the prize they seek. We must work hard to keep the House in Republican hands. Free to conduct the Terror War, Bush will be successful. If, on the other hand, Democrats get to engage in an impeachment orgy, it's hard to see how the new Iraq can stay afloat.

Schadow

We need to work hard to keep the House and Senate in conservative hands. The republicrat and democan stuff will work itself out, if the legislative bodies stay conservative. I am not willing to stipulate that "republican == conservative" after recent events.

No offense intended here, and in a lot of cases, we're not offered much of a choice, either.
GM Strong

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="jwb7605"]
Schadow wrote:
jwb7605 wrote:
.....I'm thinking this might result in respectable elected officials from BOTH parties.

No offense intended here, and in a lot of cases, we're not offered much of a choice, either.

Keep plugging. Here in PA we almost put in Pat Toomey instead of Specter. It is time for Snarlin' Arlen to retire. When we replace Fast Eddy in '06, then when Specter retires early we can appoint a good Conservative. If we can sustain the revolt, we can do what needs to be done. A motivated electorate can get the job done.

The 12th Pa Cong. District should consider replacing Murtha after 30 + years. It is a conservative area.
msindependent
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the friends i have over there think we are winning, making great progress. proud and happy about their duty. it does tear you up to go to a funeral or see one of them busted up. but for pete's sake, we are fighting terrorists. i will reserve most of my comments on murtha out of respect for this site. he is old, perhaps he's not all there. darn, i feel like he kicked me in the gut. anyway, i agree with me#1, they are trying to take advantage of the plan.
srmorton
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the Dems are getting desperate. The word is that Pelosi put him
up to this speech to steal the headlines from Woodward. I think that they
are realizing that time is running out for them to portray the Iraqi war as
a failure. Even if the MSM manages to downplay the December election
as much as they did the one in October, the completion of the original
timetable for setting up the new DEMOCRATICALLY elected government
will be seen by any impartial observer as an amazing achievement. We
are also getting closer and closer to the capture of Zawahari. The Iraqi
army is getting stronger and better trained by the day. The Dems know
that their only hope for winning their propaganda war is to get the troops
out prematurely before the Iraqi government is strong enough to hold
its own against the terrorists. As long as GWB has breath in his body
(and the Pubs retain control of Congress and thereby the purse strings),
the troops will finish the mission and honor the memories of those brave
men and women who have given their lives in the cause of freedom.
Navy wife
Research Director

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watching the debate tonight was fascinating! When I left, the count was 412 NAY with 3 Dems and 2 Republicans voting YEA. Our troops can sleep well tonight!

I'd say the Dems were put between a rock and a hard place tonight!!! Laughing

Frankly, although I was furious with Murtha at first, tonight I thought he made a couple of good points. The major one is that the Congress needs to declare WAR on terror no matter where it is in the world, and get this country on a war-footing. If we do not want the draft, surely there are other ways to require service out of our draft-age young people.

Saturday! OOPS, sorry about posting the wrong number! I should have written down what I remember instead of trying to remember it Twisted Evil

Last edited by Navy wife on Sat Nov 19, 2005 4:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
msindependent
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.noendbutvictory.com/?p=39
kimberly
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me#1You#10 wrote:
My take, FWIW.

It looks as tho, despite the yelping of the surrender-monkeys, our efforts in Iraq are now paying dividends in terms of Iraqi self-reliance and a new direction for the middle east after 40 years of festering islamofascism. It is a REMARKABLE achievement...and one for which the Democratic Party can lay little claim.

The only political "spoils" left for them (assuming a phased withdrawal begins commensurate with Iraqi readiness, as has ALWAYS BEEN "THE PLAN"), Democrats are laying the groundwork to legitimize claims that they were (are) the moving force behind withdrawal of America's occupying forces.

In other words, when you ain't got nuttin' but lemons, make lemonade.

Did you have a crystal ball? I have heard this no less than a million times today, whether TV or net. "What a coincidence that xxxxRepxxxx said the there will NOW be a gradual withdrawl of troops, a withdrawl courtesy of Murtha, of course. The President is feeling the heat....even Condi said there will be a reduction in troops very soon...." and so on.

They remind me of the little weasel at work who sits in the corner chatting with friends, contributing nothing, but who always manage to take credit for everything.
GM Strong

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Typical Clintonoid/ Lib tactic is to stick your finger in the wind or find out which way the CW or events are going, then go to the front of the line and claim leadership. What a bunch of BS artistes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: