SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

->Fanatical 1 percent in Islam<- :o
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrJapan
PO1

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 6:13 pm    Post subject: ->Fanatical 1 percent in Islam<- :o Reply with quote

LINK

Quote:
The dominance of conservative Islam in the Middle East reflects a fundamental reality of Muslim society. But this conservatism should not be mistaken for violent radicalism, as America, unfortunately, has done. While conservatism may claim a majority of the "Arab street" (and the Persian street), this does not mean that violence and terrorism will inevitably rule the region.

A recent study published in Damascus by the Center of Islamic Studies pointed out that conservatives make up about 80 percent of the population of the Middle East's Islamic societies. Reformers make up most of the other 20 percent. Radicals can count on support from no more than 1 percent of the population. In my view, these rough proportions have been stable throughout ten centuries of Islamic history, with slight differences.

Islamic terminology has been established to describe these differences. Radicals first emerged as "Khawarij," a fanatical group dating to the first century of Islam, which used accusations of blasphemy - and violence - to suppress even small differences of opinion. Today's conservatives are known among religious scholars as "People of the Letter" - those who adhere to the letter of the Islamic texts. Reformists, as they are known today, are the equivalent of "People of Intellect."

The difference between Muslim conservatives and reformists can be measured in two ways: their stance on the possibility of making personal judgments on religious matters (known in religious terms as "diligence") and their attitude towards non-Muslims.

Conservatives believe that the revealed law was settled during the glorious days of Islam, and that individual interpretation should therefore be restricted. As a result, they don't look for new solutions to the problems that Muslims now face. Banks and insurance companies are to be avoided, on the theory that their activities are usurious and thus prohibited. Likewise, head covering for Muslim women is considered a requirement.

For conservatives, Islamic law is based on the Koran and the verified sayings and doings (the Sunnah) of the Prophet Mohammad, as these are unanimously viewed by respected scholars. Thus, conservatives reject democracy, because it subjects the will of God to popular opinion. For them, the ultimate authority within a society is God's revelation to the people.

Reformists, on the other hand, argue that individual judgment - diligence - is permissible, and that society is empowered to make choices based on contemporary needs, regardless of the opinions of previous religious scholars. Reformists also take an expansive view of religious law (Sharia), incorporating ideas of public welfare within a continually developing legislative process.

Thus, for reformists, banks and insurance companies serve the welfare of society, and this takes precedence over a traditional reading of religious texts. They also adopt a liberal attitude toward women's head covering, as well as their political participation and travel, which should be determined individually. Finally, reformists see no contradiction between democracy and Islamic teaching, though democracy does conflict with centuries of tradition governing how Muslims actually have been ruled.

As for attitudes toward non-Muslims (or non-practicing Muslims, for that matter), conservatives believe that the coming of Islam abrogated all other religions, while reformists believe that Islam completes other religions, but does not invalidate or disprove them. Conservatives draw their proofs from the texts of the Koran, while reformists argue that the Koran mentions and recognizes both the Old and New Testaments.

In this manner, the reformists reject an Islamic monopoly on salvation, paradise, or the truth. They believe that the ways to God and paradise are numerous. Conservatives, by contrast, are unyielding on this point, believing that there is but one path to God, and that salvation comes only through following Islamic teachings.

However, conservatives do not support the use of violence against non-Muslims. On the contrary, the jurisprudential traditions of Islamic conservatism obligate Muslims to be just in their treatment of non-Muslims. Thus, conservatives and reformists agree that the rights of others should be observed and preserved.

Although radicals represent no more than 1% of the Muslim population, their influence is based on the widening effects of their violence and their total rejection of compromise. The radicals totally repudiate the Other, and do not see a place for the non-Muslim either in heaven or on Earth. This stance sanctions the use of violence against the Other, whether Christian, Jew, or even other Muslims who do not share their beliefs.

This devotion to violence stands on two legs: radical culture and injustice. When radical culture prevails, it brings people over to violence. And the extremism of radical culture is fueled by the many inequities and grievances that face the peoples of the Middle East.

Unfortunately, Iraq has become a breeding ground for radical Islam, owing to the brutality that the Iraqi people suffered under Saddam and now at the hands of the occupation forces. But this scenario is not limited to Muslims. Radicalism threatens any society where human dignity is lost and human rights mean nothing.

Muhammad Habash, a member of the Syrian Parliament, is the director of the Islamic Studies Center in Damascus. - Ed.

(Project Syndicate)

Rolling Eyes

Quote:
Howard 'fuelling Islamic radicalism'

December 26, 2005

PRIME Minister John Howard is fuelling Islamic radicalism by demonising Muslims, says one of Australia's most controversial Islamic leaders.

Firebrand Melbourne cleric Mohammad Omran says the Howard Government has made "naive" Australians paranoid about Muslims and fuelled the belief they would commit terrorist attacks, The Australian newspaper reported today.

"The Government is pushing the people to believe they (Muslims) can do all these major disaster things," Sheikh Omran said.

He again denied Osama bin Laden was responsible for the September 11, 2001, terrorist attacks in the US.

Sheikh Omran also lashed out at suggestions his teachings were linked to alleged home-grown terrorist cells.
"This is a public place, anyone can come to pray," he said of his prayer hall in Melbourne's inner north.

LINK
MrYack
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:17 pm    Post subject: 1% is 10 million Reply with quote

Although radicals represent no more than 1% of the Muslim population ...

That's not very comforting.
Supposedly 1 billion muslims; at 1% that's 10 million, if my math is correct.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
On the contrary, the jurisprudential traditions of Islamic conservatism obligate Muslims to be just in their treatment of non-Muslims. Thus, conservatives and reformists agree that the rights of others should be observed and preserved.

This seems to beg the question..."What are the 'rights' of others as defined in the Muslim tradition?"
PhantomSgt
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me#1You#10 wrote:
Quote:
On the contrary, the jurisprudential traditions of Islamic conservatism obligate Muslims to be just in their treatment of non-Muslims. Thus, conservatives and reformists agree that the rights of others should be observed and preserved.

This seems to beg the question..."What are the 'rights' of others as defined in the Muslim tradition?"

There are three choices for conquered infidels according to the Quran; Convert to Islam, become a slave or be put to death. Pick your poison if the liberals take over in 06 and 08. They will issue terrorists Visas without a background check. Oh BTW the Clinton administration already did this with the Saudis.

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Independent that leans right of center.
MrJapan
PO1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 10:07 pm    Post subject: Re: 1% is 10 million Reply with quote

MrYack wrote:
Although radicals represent no more than 1% of the Muslim population ...

That's not very comforting.
Supposedly 1 billion muslims; at 1% that's 10 million, if my math is correct.

For one thing, I'm sure it's more than 1%... for the other, you are so right... that's a lot of terrorists Shocked
USAFE5
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

but it won't be if they let us play a real good game of Cowboys and Terrorists.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
There are three choices for conquered infidels according to the Quran; Convert to Islam, become a slave or be put to death.

Could you direct us to the exact Surah's where this is?

While overall, I find the worldwide Muslim Communities reaction to the Islamofacists wanting, I am also reminded there are several thousand Muslims and Arabs currently serving in the US Armed Forces and historically have served on America's side in every war we have fought.

It appears to me that, just like in Christianity, followers interpret the Qu' Ran differently and some use it to further their own tyrannical agendas.

Personally, I feel we would do better in fighting terrorists by at least attempting to enlist the aid of the other 99% of Muslims against those that have highjacked their religion and not lumping them all into one basket.
Bob51
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LewWaters wrote:
It appears to me that, just like in Christianity, followers interpret the Qu' Ran differently and some use it to further their own tyrannical agendas.

Good to see that I can always rely on Swiftvets for triggers to interesting web searches. Here's more reading than I can handle on the "who can be trusted to interpret for us" question.

Quote:
Make no mistake about it: The Muslim terrorists are still at war with us. They will strike us again. It is a natural part of real Islam. The tragedy is that until we realize the darkness in Islam, we will not be able to properly confront and deal with that darkness.

http://answering-islam.org.uk/Silas/juancole.htm

Happy New Year to all of whatever religious or political persuasion.

Bob51
PhantomSgt
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LewWaters wrote:
Quote:
There are three choices for conquered infidels according to the Quran; Convert to Islam, become a slave or be put to death.

Could you direct us to the exact Surah's where this is?

While overall, I find the worldwide Muslim Communities reaction to the Islamofacists wanting, I am also reminded there are several thousand Muslims and Arabs currently serving in the US Armed Forces and historically have served on America's side in every war we have fought.

Personally, I feel we would do better in fighting terrorists by at least attempting to enlist the aid of the other 99% of Muslims against those that have highjacked their religion and not lumping them all into one basket.

Here are just a few examples Lew:

What does the Qur'an say about Jihad?

The Qur'an is the single most important authority in all of Islam. It is the scripture given from Allah through the angel Gabriel. Does the Qur'an teach Jihad? Absolutely yes. As you will see in the following quotes from the Qur'an, Holy War is definitely taught and encouraged.

1. "Truly Allah loves those who fight in His Cause in battle array, as if they were a solid cemented structure," (Surah 61:4).

2. "Fight in the cause of Allah those who fight you but do not transgress limits...191 And slay them wherever ye catch them. and turn them out from where they have turned you out; for persecution is worse than slaughter; But fight them not at the sacred Mosque unless they (first) fight you there; But if they fight you, slay them. Such is the reward of those who reject faith. 192 But if they cease, Allah is oft-forgiving, Most Merciful. 193And fight them on until there is no more persecution. And the religion becomes Allah's. But if they cease, Let there be no hostility except to those who practice oppression" (The Qur'an, Surah 2:190-193).

3. "O ye who believe! what is the matter with you, that, when ye are asked to go forth in the cause of Allah, ye cling heavily to the earth? Do ye prefer the life of this world to the Hereafter? But little is the comfort of this life, as compared with the Hereafter. Unless ye go forth, He will punish you with a grievous penalty, and put others in your place; but Him ye would not harm in the least. For Allah hath power over all things. Unless ye go forth, He will punish you with a grievous penalty, and put others in your place; but Him ye would not harm in the least. For Allah hath power over all things," (Surah 9:38-39).

4. See also Surah 4:74-76; 61:10-12.

Here are some more details:

1. The Qur'an tells muslims to kill and go to war to fight for Islam: Quran, chapters (Surahs) 9:5; 2:191; 2:193; 3:118; 4:75,76; 5:33, 8:12; 8:65; 9:73,123; 33:60-62.

2. Fight for Allah: "And kill them wherever you find them, and drive them out from whence they drove you out, and persecution is severer than slaughter, and do not fight with them at the Sacred Mosque until they fight with you in it, but if they do fight you, then slay them; such is the recompense of the unbelievers, (Quran 2:191).

3. Muslims are to battle for Allah: "Those who believe do battle for the cause of Allah; and those who disbelieve do battle for the cause of idols. So fight the minions of the devil. Lo! the devil's strategy is ever weak," (Quran 4:76).

4. Kill those against Islam: "The only reward of those who make war upon Allah and His messenger and strive after corruption in the land will be that they will be killed or crucified, or have their hands and feet on alternate sides cut off, or will be expelled out of the land. Such will be their degradation in the world, and in the Hereafter," (Quran 5:33).

5. Beheading: "When thy Lord inspired the angels, (saying): I am with you. So make those who believe stand firm. I will throw fear into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Then smite the necks and smite of them each finger. That is because they opposed Allah and His messenger. Whoso opposeth Allah and His messenger, (for him) lo! Allah is severe in punishment," (Quran 8:12).

6. Allah urges war: "O Prophet! urge the believers to war; if there are twenty patient ones of you they shall overcome two hundred, and if there are a hundred of you they shall overcome a thousand of those who disbelieve, because they are a people who do not understand," (Quran 8:65).

7. Slay non-muslims: "Then, when the sacred months have passed, slay the idolaters wherever ye find them, and take them (captive), and besiege them, and prepare for them each ambush. But if they repent and establish worship and pay the poor-due, then leave their way free. Lo! Allah is Forgiving, Merciful," (Quran 9:5).

8. Allah urges war: "O Prophet! strive hard against the unbelievers and the hypocrites and be unyielding to them; and their abode is hell, and evil is the destination," (Quran 9:73).

9. Allah urges war: "O you who believe! fight those of the unbelievers who are near to you and let them find in you hardness; and know that Allah is with those who guard (against evil)," (Quran 9:123).

10. Allah urges killing: "...the hypocrites and those in whose hearts is a disease and the agitators in the city do not desist... 61Cursed: wherever they are found they shall be seized and murdered, a (horrible) murdering. 62(Such has been) the course of Allah with respect to those who have gone before; and you shall not find any change in the course of Allah, (Quran 33:60-62).

11. Beheading: "Now when ye meet in battle those who disbelieve, then it is smiting of the necks until, when ye have routed them, then making fast of bonds; and afterward either grace or ransom till the war lay down its burdens..." (Quran 47:4).

12. Allah loves those who fight for him. "Truly Allah loves those who fight in His Cause in battle array, as if they were a solid cemented structure," (Quran 61:4).

13. Muhammad advocates lying: "Muhammad bin Maslama got up saying, "O Allah's Apostle! Would you like that I kill him [Ka'b bin Al-Ashraf]?" The Prophet said, "Yes," Muhammad bin Maslama said, "Then allow me to say a (false) thing (i.e. to deceive Kab). "The Prophet said, "You may say it," (Hadith Vol. 5, Book 59, #369).

Go here to check this for yourself:

http://www.carm.org/islam.htm

I'm looking for the peace parts Lew, believe me I have not run across any references unless they are writing about other Muslims.

It is important to remember Lew if a Fatwa was issued for Jihad, every Muslim is duty bound by the Qu'ran to support the Jihad or be labled as a non-believer (Infidel). This is a powerful tool for recruitment and support of all kinds.

Now what was the percentage you were quoting Lew? Do you really believe that figure of 99 percent? The 99 percent might say they don't like it and most likely they are being truthful to your face, but they are in the background quietly supporting the Jihad financially or at prayer sessions, so they may remain a "Muslim in Good Standing With Allah".

Why do you think the Saudis keep sending the cash Lew? Protection from Allah's wrath my friend.

Cool Cool Cool

GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhantomSgt wrote:

Why do you think the Saudis keep sending the cash Lew? Protection from Allah's wrath my friend.

Phantom, Lew is demanding nothing more then historical fact backed by rigor of intellectual discipline as opposed to playing devils advocate, which is the crutch of the weak.

He is asking something hard to deliver. To be honest, true, research then verify the issue. This is very difficult.

It is easy for one person to say the weak and the weaker to say the opposite.

Lew is asking for honesty.

Lew,

My older brother took up our families pursuit of muslim studies after 9/11, whereas I focused on the communist influence on our educational system.

I will ask him to reply.

Btw, Phantom
I love our country and am teed off also. Smile It is just we have to be careful for many reasons in this regard.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phantom, I looked up each and every surah you quoted in the Qur' An. I won't post the replies here due to the excessive length of doing so. It's obvious you did not find those at CARM, but apparently some anti-Islamic site. For the record, I too am not all that fond of CARM.

However, if you consulted the Qur' An yourself and read the words of the translator, you would see that whoever maintains the site you visited did what has often been done with our own Holy Bible, lifted historical verses out of context to make them fit their beliefs.

The Qur'an

But, you have aptly demonstrated what I said above, people misinterpreting sections of Holy Books to fit their own distorted beliefs.

As for the 99%, that was taken from this very thread where it was earlier said that only 1% of Muslims supported terror. That would leave 99% that don't. Wink

Another point you somehow glossed over is that there are currently some 4,000 Muslims on active duty within the U.S. Military fighting terror. These are Muslim immigrants and American converts. Do you also lump them in as evil also? Many of the Iraqi Muslims are also taking it on the chin now as they fight alongside the American and British Military against terror in their own country. Surely they too can't be evil?

Still, my biggest disappointment is the lack of support from other Muslims, but I can't lump them in as evil people either since we have religions within our own borders that also don't support the war. This one or any war.

Genxr, I'm sure your brother has researched this much better and deeper than I have. I look forward to hearing his take on it as well.

Edited to add: A site with lots of scholarly articles about Islam by Muslims (not Carm)

Jihad Explained
PhantomSgt
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LewWaters wrote:
Phantom, I looked up each and every surah you quoted in the Qur' An. I won't post the replies here due to the excessive length of doing so. It's obvious you did not find those at CARM, but apparently some anti-Islamic site. For the record, I too am not all that fond of CARM.

However, if you consulted the Qur' An yourself and read the words of the translator, you would see that whoever maintains the site you visited did what has often been done with our own Holy Bible, lifted historical verses out of context to make them fit their beliefs.

The Qur'an

But, you have aptly demonstrated what I said above, people misinterpreting sections of Holy Books to fit their own distorted beliefs.

As for the 99%, that was taken from this very thread where it was earlier said that only 1% of Muslims supported terror. That would leave 99% that don't. Wink

Another point you somehow glossed over is that there are currently some 4,000 Muslims on active duty within the U.S. Military fighting terror. These are Muslim immigrants and American converts. Do you also lump them in as evil also? Many of the Iraqi Muslims are also taking it on the chin now as they fight alongside the American and British Military against terror in their own country. Surely they too can't be evil?

Still, my biggest disappointment is the lack of support from other Muslims, but I can't lump them in as evil people either since we have religions within our own borders that also don't support the war. This one or any war.

Genxr, I'm sure your brother has researched this much better and deeper than I have. I look forward to hearing his take on it as well.

Edited to add: A site with lots of scholarly articles about Islam by Muslims (not Carm)

Jihad Explained

I find great humor that anyone would take credence in what a Liberal University says about Jihad. They will shape the translations, soften the points, fluff it up, tie it up with a bow and then sell it as truth. Why would they do this? In an effort to promote their liberal agenda and further undermine support for Americas’ war on terror. Hello all, poll the faculty at universities and ask them if they are for the war on terror. I’m sure most will say, “Hell no I won’t go” and many of them may have said exactly the same line during the Vietnam War as student protestors.

Here is a statement from someone I believe is telling the truth:

The Global Islamic Media Front: Al-Qaeda in Iraq Has Replaced the Mother Organization in Afghanistan and Is Spreading Jihad Throughout the World
The Global Islamic Media Front (GIMF) – an Islamist organization that posts online messages, usually associated with Al-Qaeda, posted on August 29, 2005, on various Islamist forums, a document dealing with the warfare policy of Al-Qaeda in Iraq. The document was signed by someone identifying himself as a Saudi named Abu Abdallah Ahmad Al-'Imran. [1]

The following are excerpts: [2]

Al-Zarqawi Has Become Commander of Al-Qaeda in Iraq, and Perhaps Even in the Entire Middle East and North Africa

"The warfare policy of Qaedat Al-Jihad in Iraq:

"After the fall of Afghanistan, the Jihad fighter Abu Mus'ab Al-Zarqawi, accompanied by his followers, set out for Kurdistan, where he began to prepare for the war of revenge against the American army that was about to invade Iraq. Commander Al-Zarqawi was a man of determined outlook, and therefore set out directly for Kurdistan, and from there began to prepare bases and arsenals throughout Iraq. Many Saudis went to Iraq in order to join Abu Mus'ab Al-Zarqawi, who was well known in Afghanistan.

"The American war [in Iraq] began, but Abu Mus'ab did not make an appearance. It is quite possible that this was a deliberate [tactic]: [to wait] until the Iraqi Ba'ath regime fell, in order to make a clean start and to avoid any accusation of having aided the Ba'ath regime headed by Saddam and his men.

"After the fall of the Ba'ath party, Al-Zarqawi's organization emerged under its previous name: Jama'at Al-Tawhid Wal-Jihad. Then came the great alliance, which brought us much joy: [Al-Zarqawi] swore an oath of allegiance to Sheikh Al-Islam the Imam and Jihad fighter, Osama bin Laden, and became the commander of Qaedat Al-Jihad in Iraq, and perhaps in the [entire] Middle East and North Africa. The operations of the Al-Qaeda organization steadily increased and continue to increase, and it now targets well-defined, carefully chosen targets, which are legitimate.

"In order to [achieve] these legitimate goals on Iraqi soil, Al-Zarqawi employs three main courses:

"The first course – isolating the American army – has two main components:

"The first component is targeting Arab translators who are assisting the American forces and who are serving as the mediating link between the army and the Iraqi people. The aim is to prevent any understanding between the American army and the Iraqi people, leaving [the army] 'deaf' and unable to communicate with anyone. This will inevitably make it difficult for American forces in the targeted area to receive a steady flow of intelligence from the field.

"The second component is targeting policemen and [members of] the [Iraqi] National Guard, [3] who have become shields for the American army, which places them at the forefront [of the forces] during the military attacks, so that the bullets will pierce their chests while the Americans remain unharmed.

"This is the main component of the operations today. The organization [Qaedat Al-Jihad in Iraq] has targeted and continues to target these forces, which collaborate [with the occupation]. Moreover, it has reached the stage where it targets Iraqi military bases, in addition to the volunteers who have chosen this world over the next.

"Thus, the shield [the National Guard] will shrug off its owner [the American army], and the American chests will become exposed to the bullets of Jihad. The American forces will be forced to withdraw when the fatalities among their soldiers increase. They are, [in fact], numerous [even today], but the American media insists on distorting [the numbers].
"It should be noted that Colin Powell's book, which deals with the mistakes made by the U.S. in the Vietnam War, explicitly states that one of the mistakes was distorting the number of American fatalities, [a measure] that was taken, he says, in order to preserve the morale of the American forces and to avoid an [undesirable] reaction among the American people.

"The second course is targeting ambassadors [to Iraq], both Arab and foreign. This reflects the profound political perceptiveness of our organization, which seeks, with these means, to isolate the Iraqi government from the international community and the neighboring countries, so that it will become a government [that exists] only in the media. After [the government] is dissociated from Iraqi soil, and becomes a government of the 'Green Zone' [the fortified area in central Baghdad housing the Iraqi government buildings and the U.S. and U.K. Embassies], it will be dissociated from the rest of the country and [Iraq] will no [longer] be a state in the regular political sense of the word.
"This course included the following operations: the killing of the Egyptian and Algerian ambassadors, and the targeting of the Pakistani and Bahraini ambassadors, among other [operations].

"As for the claim that it is forbidden [by Shari'a] to kill the emissaries [i.e., the ambassadors], this is a completely erroneous claim, since the ban on killing emissaries applies to those to whom the emissaries are sent. If Algeria had sent its ambassador to Qaedat Al-Jihad in Iraq, then it would have been forbidden for the organization to kill him, since he would have been protected [by the ban]. [But] he [i.e. the emissary] was not sent to us... The Jihad fighters in Iraq, who are waging a holy war against the Crusader alliance, have repeatedly warned all countries not to dispatch their ambassadors, since their fate will be death. So they [the fighters] are not to blame..
"The third course is targeting the infidel militias and the [prominent leaders] who represent heresy and atheism among the Shiites, the descendants of Ibn Al-'Alqami [i.e., the traitors]. [4]

"There is no shame in acknowledging the danger [posed by] the Badr Brigades (Faylaq Badr) [the military wing of the Shiite party – the Supreme Council of the Islamic Revolution (SCIRI)], which receives full support first of all from Iran, the repulsive Shiite state, and secondly from Syria.

"This army receives external support from large countries, so it would be disastrous for the Sunnis to underestimate the threat it represents, or to refrain from seeking to eliminate this force, and eliminate its commanders and its infidel Shiite clerics, such as Muhammad Baqer [Al-Hakim], who was assassinated, and [Ayatollah Ali] Al-Sistani. [5]

"The Islamic world must understand that the Shiites are targeting the Sunni clerics and stealing the Sunni mosques. Moreover, most of the members of the [Iraqi] National Guard and Iraqi army are Shiites – and let's not forget their famous slogan, which they wrote on the walls of Al-Falluja: 'Today your land, tomorrow your honor,' as was reported by the commander of the slaughterers, Abu Mus'ab Al-Zarqawi.

"We must clear the scene of all rivals now, before the American forces withdraw, at which point a bitter war will begin against this treacherous army [of] 'the descendants of Al-'Alqami.'"

Al-Qaeda in Iraq Has Taken the Place of Al-Qaeda in Afghanistan, and Jihad Will Spread Throughout the World

"The targeting of the Badr Brigades aims to accomplish two goals: to avenge the Sunnis and Sunni religious scholars who were harmed by the Shiites, and to destroy this army before the area is free of Americans, so that the path will be clear for the Jihad fighters to take control of Iraq, establish Shari'a courts, suppress innovation and deviation from religious law and custom, and [put an end to] reprehensible actions.

"This is the policy of the Qaedat Al-Jihad in Iraq. All the Arab and Western countries are intervening in the Iraqi war, and want to destroy the Jihad fighters there, since they know that if the Jihad fighters triumph, Jihad will spill out from the boundaries of Sykes-Picot, spread to the Arab countries adjacent to Iraq and to nearby enemies, and then spread to the other Western states [within] a global Jihad campaign. [6]

"That is why everyone has followed the declaration of the Saudi Interior Minister that [Jihad fighters] returning from Iraq would be treated more harshly than those returning from Afghanistan.

"Senior [Iraqi] Interior Ministry officials have been discussing a new concept which frightens them: the 'new generation.' This refers to members of the Qaedat Al-Jihad who are returning from Iraq [to neighboring Arab countries, including Saudi Arabia]. Even the most junior among them is proficient at [preparing] car bombs and explosive charges, and this is what the entire world fears.

"Qaedat Al-Jihad in Iraq is in fact the re-establishment of another Al-Qaeda organization which spreads Jihad around the world, just like the mother organization did [after] Afghanistan. Abu Mus'ab Al-Zarqawi has amazing abilities. He spent over a year preparing for the war against the Americans before the American invasion of Iraq, establishing bases and stores and recruiting supporters – especially in the Najd and Hijaz regions and in Yemen – and these [supporters] then became [his] recruitment agents in these regions. This is in addition to his bases in the Herat region [in Afghanistan], where he gathered around him a group of people from 'Bilad Al-Sham' [an historical term referring to an area including modern Syria, Israel, Jordan and Lebanon], who serve as his official aides.

"This is the great Qaedat Al-Jihad in Iraq!

"Written by: Abu Abdallah Ahmad Al-'Imran – Najd Region
"The Global Islamic Media Front, Indoctrination Department"
[1] The document was posted, for example, on the Islamist Al-Hesbah message forum:

http://www.alhesbah.org/v/showthread.php?t=30977

[2] Al-'Imran is unfamiliar to MEMRI from previous publications.
[3] The writer distorts the words al-haras al-watani, which mean "the National Guard," into al-haras al-wathani, which mean "the pagan guard."
[4] Ibn Al-'Alqami, the Shiite vizier of Al-Musta'sim, the last Abbasid caliph in Baghdad, was accused of opening the gates of Baghdad to the Mongol armies. It should be noted that this is a common slur used by Sunni Muslims against the Iraqi government and its supporters. See MEMRI Special Dispatch No. 917.

http://memri.org/bin/articles.cgi?Page=archives&Area=sd&ID=SP91705

[5] Ayatollah Muhammad Baqer Al-Hakim, a Shiite Iraqi spiritual leader, head of the Higher Council of the Islamic Revolution in Iraq, was killed in a large-scale bombing at the Imam Ali Mosque in Najaf on August 29, 2003.
[6] The Sykes-Picot agreement was a secret political agreement signed by Britain and France on May 16, 1916, towards the end of World War I, with the aim of defining the control areas of these two superpowers in the countries of the Middle East that were formerly ruled by the Ottoman Empire.

So Lew do you think this guy has the same idea of what Jihad is as you and the liberal faculty at the university? I don't think so.

You had better place some credence into what he has to say and listen very carefully. The second wave is coming to our shores sooner rather than later. It is a fact that if you do not support a Jihad you are going against the word of Allah, as told to the Prophet Mohammad by the Angel Gabriel. When Jihad is in full swing, those 4,000 plus Muslims within the ranks of our military may capitulate quickly to the side of Allah.

Cool Cool Cool

MrJapan
PO1

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
When Jihad is in full swing, those 4,000 plus Muslims within the ranks of our military may capitulate quickly to the side of Allah.

I just hope that those fellow service members have come to their senses and will help the USA give freedom to others around the world.
This reminds me of when he USA made internment camps around the US after the attact on Pearl Harbor... was it justified? Not by today's standards... but it also kept many of the Japanese 'insiders' from giving intel to the Japanese... I know there will be many that disagree about there being Japanese 'insiders', and my father was born in 1944... so I wasn'T there (and neither was my father), but every country has 'insiders' and it makes it hard to trust the 'attackers'... not saying that we become racist or discriminatory, but keep an eye out.

Idea Neutral
PhantomSgt
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrJapan wrote:
Quote:
When Jihad is in full swing, those 4,000 plus Muslims within the ranks of our military may capitulate quickly to the side of Allah.

I just hope that those fellow service members have come to their senses and will help the USA give freedom to others around the world.
This reminds me of when he USA made internment camps around the US after the attact on Pearl Harbor... was it justified? Not by today's standards... but it also kept many of the Japanese 'insiders' from giving intel to the Japanese... I know there will be many that disagree about there being Japanese 'insiders', and my father was born in 1944... so I wasn'T there (and neither was my father), but every country has 'insiders' and it makes it hard to trust the 'attackers'... not saying that we become racist or discriminatory, but keep an eye out.

Idea Neutral

Mr. J,

The Japanese soldier of the WWII era operated under the Bushido Code developed by Samurai Warriors centuries before. The Islamic radical of today gets his Code straight from the Qu'ran developed centuries earlier by Mohammad and his followers. They are remarkably similar in nature and content, with honor, duty and blind obedience to a unseen deity. Anyway you cut it, both Codes are a million miles removed from western culture and a deadly threat to our way of life.

Cool Cool Cool

LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

How fast you choose to denigrate members of our Armed Services based on their religion. Sort of reminds me of another’s words long ago.

Quote:
The country doesn't know it yet, but it has created a monster, a monster in the form of millions of men who have been taught to deal and to trade in violence…

Some more quotes I found;

Quote:
"The foundation of the faith, or Shahada, is the testimony in the belief in one God and that Muhammad is the messenger of God," Army Chaplain (Capt.) Abdul-Rasheed Muhammad, Walter Reed Army Medical Center.

"Those terrorists must be reading a completely different Koran than the rest of us," said Marine Corps Capt. Aisha Bakkar-Poe.

[The terrorists claiming to act in the name of Islam is] "like a knife through my heart -- that people would practice Al-Islam, but do deeds like what they've done. It's not true faith. Some people twist religion to the way they think." Army Capt. Arneshuia Balial, a nurse instructor at Walter Reed Army Medical Center.

http://www.defenselink.mil/news/Oct2001/n10042001_200110043.html

“Not every Arabic person is a terrorist. I wish people would understand that we aren’t all bad; we’re good people, we’re freedom-loving people. Unfortunately, a small portion of our people are misrepresenting us.” “I joined the Army to serve the country whose way of living I believe in and to prove to the whole world that not every Arabic Muslim is a terrorist,” “The way I see it, my life is a cheap price to pay for this nation’s freedom. I’m an American Soldier, now and forever,” Pfc. Shady Hamad, E Company, 1st Battalion, 19th Infantry Regiment.

http://www.tradoc.army.mil/pao/people_portraits/061104.htm

"It’s not the religion of Islam that’s making people do this (terrorism). They should read the Quran because the message is peace.” "The things that Saddam did over there, the oppression, it’s disgusting." "They (Iraqi women) would hold my hand and look at (me) like they were trying to figure out — ‘Your husband let you be in the military?’" "They all accepted me as their sister." National Guard Sgt. Tanya Abdul-Karim Williams, 118th Medical Battalion, recently completed one year tour in Iraq.

New Haven Register

"As a society, we're not encouraged to talk about religion or politics," Muhammad said. "The fact that in the military, in certain circles, you feel comfortable doing that is a reflection of the caliber of the people that are in the military today." Air Force Capt. "Muhammad" whose real name is withheld for security reasons and was present in his work place, the Pentagon, September 11, 2001.

http://www.defenselink.mil/news/Dec2002/n12112002_200212115.html

“Instead of running, he stood forward to the oncoming taxi to prevent it from going inside. Even being in Iraq, surrounded by moral peril, I knew he would do the right thing. That he was there to protect and to save lives." Shahrayar Khan, older brother of Capt. Humayun Khan who died in Iraq trying to stop a suicide bomber.

http://www.patrioticapaam.org/VOA-SuicideBomber.htm

"Dad, I would never do that. This is my country and I will do whatever it takes," National Guard Spc. David Roustum, in reply to his Fathers suggestion he flee to Syria to avoid serving in Iraq. Killed while serving with the 108th Infantry Regiment, Baghdad.

http://www.patrioticapaam.org/soldierdiesiraq.htm

For the comment about these Service members “capitulat[ing] quickly to the side of Allah,” may I remind you that Biblically, Abraham had two sons, Jacob and Esau, from which grew the Jews and Arabs and later, Christians. Abraham believed in and worshipped One God. Throughout the years, that same One God has become known as YHWH, Jehovah, Yahweh, Yehowah, G-d and simply God. To Muslims, this same God is known as Allah!

The Islamofacist Terrorists slaughtering innocents today are hiding behind their perversion of the Qur’an, not unlike groups of the past who have hidden behind and justified oppression of women and slavery of the Black people by their perversion of the Holy Bible.

It is Terrorists we are fighting, not the whole of Islam. The paranoia some feel towards all of Islam is how we ended up imprisoning all Japanese and Americans of Japanese descent in WW2. Still, once allowed, these hated members of another culture went on to stellar service in the 442 Infantry in Europe.

If all one seeks is the bad, that is all one will find.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: