SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

LETTERMAN ON O'REILLY

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wwIIvetsdaughter
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 2:20 am    Post subject: LETTERMAN ON O'REILLY Reply with quote

David Letterman interviewing Bill O'Reilly on his "Late Show" proclaimed (and I paraphrase) I think 60% of what you say (meaning O'Reilly on "The Factor") is crap. When O'Reilly shot back "Do you watch my show?" Letterman foolishly admitted no, and his opinion is based on what others say about O'Reilly. Does Letterman realize he has let the world know he is too intellectually lazy to think for himself? Rolling Eyes
I B Squidly
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Letterman's whole schtick is snide insult. No intellectual vigor is required.

Having watched BOR I have to disagree with Dave's (or his writer's)estimate of Bill. I think he's only 40% crap. I do think he's 60% self promoting humbug.

-Wlm Shakespeare
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I B Squidly wrote:
Letterman's whole schtick is snide insult. No intellectual vigor is required.

Having watched BOR I have to disagree with Dave's (or his writer's)estimate of Bill. I think he's only 40% crap. I do think he's 60% self promoting humbug.

I agree I B, if BOR were a man on the quest for truth he would of squashed Letterman for the intellectual lightweight he is, yet BOR decided to play patsy.

I have a hard time respecting BOR . FOX made ratings for bringing a contrarian point of view, yet now that BOR is on top he is so afraid of losing that position he cannot call the crazies, crazies.

In this day and age the crazies are our entertainers.
I B Squidly
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GenXr,

BOR is not a 'contrarian'. He's a poseur. He effects 'principal' in the face of his own 'psuedo-events'. His treatment of the SwiftVets went from 'intellectual laziness' to studied dissembling with Bill grandstanding the whole time. Silly BOR thinks he's in the running for Rather's job and would never sully CBS's night-time guy.

BOR doesn't score in 2005 radio ratings. Rush is of course #1. Hannity at 2nd. Surprise, Savage is #3; he's not even my market. Dr. Laura and Stern split #4. Ingrahm comes in 5th (and beats all but/and maybe Rush for production and listenability, IMHO).

If Fox really wanted a contrarian they should try Savage (of course he's got a face for radio and is given to 'gripe jags'). If CBS wanted to grab nightly news they should hire Rush. Laura I. is the most fun to look at and any of the moribund networks would do well to court her for their evening news slot.....and there's an ice machine in hell.

-Wlm Shakespeare
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: