SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Deja Vu all over again

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 4:22 am    Post subject: Deja Vu all over again Reply with quote

Remember the panic attempts to shut down Swiftie ads running on television? Not to be outdone, the Minnesota Democratic-Farmer-Labor Party (Read: Minnesota Communist Party) is trying the same thing with a set of ads featuring memorials to fallen soldiers. Here's a letter to their flock:

Quote:
Dear DFLer,

I’ve heard from many of you that you are disturbed by the misleading "Midwest Heroes" ads produced by Progress for America Voter Fund that are currently being run by KARE 11 and WCCO. The ads erroneously make a connection between Iraq and the 9/11 terrorists attacks and suggest that the war in Iraq will prevent an attack by Al Queda in America. The 9/11 Commission findings clearly state that there was no connection between Iraq and the the Al Queda terrorists attacks on 9/11. We must call for media responsibility regarding this issue. We have extraordinary sympathy for our troops and their families and believe that while our soldiers’ role is to protect the citizens of our country, it is our role as citizens to protect our soldiers and to make certain that they are not misused. It is a travesty that the tragedies of five countries and the deaths of our brave men and women are being used in this type of propaganda.

Right now, our state is a testing ground for these ads. If Minnesota speaks out and says no to this ad, the entire country can thank us. What we do here, now, will have an enormous impact on the success or failure of this kind of swiftboating in 06.

You can view the ads at: http://www.midwestheroes.com/

Additionally, WCCO did a Reality Check stating that the ad is misleading and partly true, which in my mind means that it is partly false. See it at: http://www.wcco.com/video/?id=14609@wcco.dayport.com

If you feel that this ad is doing a disservice to our troops and is misleading at best, and pure propaganda at worst, please call:

KARE 11 at 763 546 1111

WCCO at 612 370 0611

to ask for the removal of the ads. Letters to the Editor in your local paper would be helpful to point out the untruths being communicated to citizens as fact. Thanks in advance for being a voice of truth, and for all that you do to improve the state of our nation and state.

DFL Chair Brian Melendez will be holding a press conference at the State Capitol today at 2:30 to ask that this ad be pulled from the air waves. He will be joined by congressional candidate and veteran Tim Walz. Please tune in to your evening news to see coverage of this important event.

Sincerely,

Donna
Donna Cassutt, Associate Chair,
Minnesota Democratic-Farmer-Labor Party

(Emphasis mine)

The commercials should link HERE in case they won't link from the quote.

The full story is found at this PowerLine permalink and is worth the read.

Schadow
sixdogteam
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The coining of the term "swiftboating" by our enemies just points out how effective this group is...But it must be countermanded by pointing out that "swiftboating" is about exposing liars and traitors, not smearing them.
Uisguex Jack
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My sense is that much of the problems of Ameirca's left wing and underclasses is a rudimentary lack of understanding of the English Language.

Here a good case in point.... to this guy swift boating means one thing, to those slighlty more aware of thier surroundings than a rock it tends to meansomething else.

I'll opt for the latter: Swiftboating= Standing up and telling the truth no matter what the personal consequences, this done most likely to prevent the further spreading of fraudulant deeds and words (see John Kerry).

By the way I am really getting fed up with hearing Iraq and Hussein had nothing to do with terrorism. Enough allready, there is so much evidence of Hussein financing, harboring and training terrorists it's just ludicrus, enough.
Nutso
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have contacted both of these stations by email and thanked them and encouraged them to keep running these adds. Its about time that free speech in Minnesota is not just for the DFL any more. Its like reading the Mpls Star and Scycle - 90% of the major stories are just reprints of far left papers, mostly the NY Times. You would think that with this many bleeding hearts in this state they could at least be original.
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a followup to the Minnesota DFL Party and Minneapolis Strib story:

Quote:
Left-wing nuthouse

What would Hubert Humphrey -- "the Happy Warrior" -- think of his progeny in the contemporary Minnesota Democratic-Farmer-Labor Party who are devoting themselves to squelching the voices of soldiers and the families of fallen soldiers who support the war in Iraq? The progeny of "the Happy Warrior" are unhappy with warriors disputing the Democrats' crude antiwar propaganda. Humphrey himself must have had his fill of their ilk as Lyndon Johnson's vice president and as candidate for president in 1968 when they were an irritating wing of the party rather than its beating heart.

Here in the Twin Cities, where the Minneapolis Star Tribune is the overwhelmingly dominant purveyor of news/opinion, we're living in a left-wing nuthouse. How else to explain the fact that the Star Tribune's premier columnist has now devoted two bizarre columns to rants against advertisements giving voice to soldiers who are putting their lives on the line for the likes of Coleman? How else to explain the disgusting DFL campaign to suppress the voices of soldiers and their families who have a message departing from the left-wing party line? In a sane setting, the DFL campaign would be condemned as a source of shame and dishonor.

At Right Wing Nuthouse Rick Moran recalls Hubert Humphrey and speculates that "The Happy Warrior is weeping in his grave."

UPDATE: Dean Henderson adds: "I just wanted to thank you for the heads up on the Minnesota DFL's attempt to stifle Midwest Heroes. I thought if they could publish numbers to KARE 11 and WCCO in an attempt to pressure them to take the ad off the air, it was OK for me to call the DFL and let them know what I felt about their actions. So I called them at 651-251-6300 and left a message with Donna Cassutt, the State Associate Chair. You can also send them an email by going to www.dfl.org and clicking on contact us."

(Emphasis mine)

http://powerlineblog.com/archives/013169.php

Schadow
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uisguex Jack wrote:
My sense is that much of the problems of Ameirca's left wing and underclasses is a rudimentary lack of understanding of the English Language.

Here a good case in point.... to this guy swift boating means one thing, to those slighlty more aware of thier surroundings than a rock it tends to meansomething else.

The derogatory misuse of the term "Swiftboating" is a form of Rathergatism, a.k.a. the Big Lie.

-- FDL
Deuce
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fortdixlover wrote:
...The derogatory misuse of the term "Swiftboating" is a form of Rathergatism, a.k.a. the Big Lie.

-- FDL

FDL,
You've hit the nail on the head....and it's even more ubiquitous than some would think. The Rather Syndrome, ie taking 'testimonials' (lies) from many, then editing out those that don't fit your agenda, to create the 'Big Lie' is common among journalists today in all 'Media'...TV, newspapers, magazines, etc. My guess is that it's got a special course name in Columbia's School of Journalism, but since you need a ticket to find out, our readership here won't be volunteering that special course name! For years I was 'entertained' by ratherbiased.com, and guess that I miss that, but I sure don't miss the 'Vietnam Syndrome' painted on us by scum like Rather, Cronkite, et al. What does continue to amaze me daily is the expanse of Rubes who take in this media con as the 'truth'...Barnum's there's a sucker born every minute lives on!

Deuce
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swiftboating is nothing more than exposing the truth about someone living a lie.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: