SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

America's patriots are misguided
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You Bic? wrote:

Wonder where he got his degree? Most of us here got ours at the Univ of South Vietnam, School of Warfare. Not at Politically Correct University.

A truly critically-thinking and intelligent person does not get indoctrinated by University leftism. They laugh at the leftism of the professors, and challenge it if brave enough.

See, for example, www.thefire.org .

FDL
GodBlessUSA
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 1:05 pm    Post subject: Real Villians of the Vietnam war Reply with quote

I suppose my point is this...current politics aside....there were those who went and fought....John Kerry undoubtably did this....if you disagree with what he did after he came back then thats the point.....(as opposed to critizing service)

I believe history has shown favorably on the those who went and fought and harshly on those politicians who ran the war...

Kerry, I believe misguided or not believed that many young American's lives were being wasted in a war ran horribly by politicians.

The real villian of Vietnam was none other than Robert McNamara who now declares (in the 90's) that "we were wrong, terribly wrong."
Here is a man that could have made a change....here is the real enemy of the people of the US....he sent thousands of men to be killed or injured and only 30 years later figures out he was wrong.....

If Vietnam was a debacle put the blame where it belongs, not on the troops (including Kerry), not on people in the US who spoke out against the war (a freedom we cherish in this country)....but against the politicians that mislead us......LBJ and his defense secretary Robert McNamara)
waltjones
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Note to GodBlessUSA: I would respectfully submit to you, as a Vietnam combat veteran, that 254 SwiftBoat Vets can't be wrong! Semper fi!
Uisguex Jack
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GodblessUSA wrote:

Quote:
At the same time I see John McCain and John Kerry, both who volunteered to join the military and served being ridiculed (i.e. injuries were not bad enough, did not stay long enough.

Look sport this is your second sentence as such the thesis for the rest of your..... whatever.

I defy you to show me anywhere or anybody who has :
Quote:
ridiculed (i.e. injuries were not bad enough, did not stay long enough.

John McCain..... Show me the source big guy for what you have said. I don't want no excuse, this is 1/2 of your thesis... the other half John Kerry is also worthless, hence the existence of this site.

It would not matter who were running against John Kerry, what matters is John Kerry is running on a foundation of mendacious conduct.

John McCain’s service in Vietnam was among the toughest of any soldier in history. In a 1973 U S News and World Report interview he referenced John Kerry specifically as the most effective propaganda tool of torture used against he and his fellow inmates at the Hanoi Hilton.

John McCain disagrees with some of the nuances of the Swift Veterans for Truths mission. I for one fully respect and honor Sen. McCain’s opinion. I also do not agree with him
GodBlessUSA
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uisguex Jack,

Perhaps my point is unclear...I see much critisism on this board of McCain for unwillingness to attack Kerry on his service in Vietnam and a lot of blooey about left and right and if you dont agree your a leftist liberal........personally I believe that John McCain is right......

What Kerry did after he returned from Vietnam is for history to judge (and I suppose the voters)...I think its fair to propagate the airwaves with every antiwar speech he gave and let him explain it.

What I dont believe is right the critism of service to our country...again Kerry may not have been the best or even the most courageous serviceman, however, he was in the line of fire against enemies of the United States.....he has something that Limbaugh, Hannity, GW Bush dont have....a proven experience they would risk their life as part of duty to their country......what ever subtleties about Kerry's 1st of 3 purple hearts its not right to criticize those for their service...I think we all know that Kerry served while others have sacrificed more, anyone who served in Vietnam (or now in Iraq), deserves our respect and gratitude.

If you want to criticize a the man for for his antiwar stance on his return...I feel that is fair game....Kerry made a choice to oppose the war he has recorded statements to congress, speeches, etc......that is fair game and a matter of public discourse he should have to defend.....

But the questioning of his service sounds to me to be more in the order speculation....and discounting of anything that Kerry did in Vietnam as somehow tainted.....well I think thats wrong and I think its a demonstration of complete bias who blindly hate Kerry or Democrats (I really cant figure out which).....Kerry may not be the next President, but ...even a stopped watch is right two times a day....he served in Vietnam for that however short time, to this he deserves to be given credit....it is wrong to discredit that service......it seems to be a demonstration that the whole character of Kerry needs to be assinated...(again blind hatered)

.I think we should weigh him on the good...he went to Vietnam...he fought..he served.....when he came back he protested....which for many vets this was bad....his statements are on public record....an educated America should hear what he said 30 years ago ...to this I agree with group.....but to try to destroy a mans service in the line of fire....well I respectfully disagree with that tactic.
forgivenjojo
Former Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

one good back alley ass whoopin and I think this guy will be ready for duty.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GBUSA, if that service was fraudulent and he is using fraudulent service to try to stand tall before voters, doesn't that need to be exposed?

He has made his service the center of this election, no one else. It appears much of what he claims just isn't so. Don't the voters have a right to know the truth?
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GodBlessUSA wrote:
But the questioning of his service sounds to me to be more in the order speculation....and discounting of anything that Kerry did in Vietnam as somehow tainted.....well I think thats wrong and I think its a demonstration of complete bias who blindly hate Kerry or Democrats (I really cant figure out which).....

Was it wrong to question LT Calley, too? Was he an honorable soldier? A hero?

Is it wrong to question England, Graner, et al. in the Abu Ghraib situation? Does it look as though they acted as honorable soldiers? Are they heroes?

From the Introduction (by T. Wilson, President and Editor in Chief of "Human Events") to the book "Reckless Disregard" by Robert Patterson:

"Kerry also acknowledged in his 1971 Senate testimony, under oath, that he had personally met in Paris with representatives of the North Vietnamese government and the Communist "provisional government" of South Vietnam to "negotiate" a private diplomatic solution for American withdrawal. As a Naval Reservist at the time, subject to the Uniform Code of Military Justice (Section 904, Article 104), Kerry could have faced the death penalty for this unauthorized contact with the enemy."

Kerry is the one who has made his service the center plank of his platform. It should have been put under much closer scrutiny long ago by our press, but they have largely promoted the "Vietnam warrior hero" image that has been spoon-fed to them by the Kerry campaign.

There are questions that should have been asked many years ago - when he first ran for public office. When he failed and continued to run for public office.

Thanks to the courageous souls who are now giving up their relatively anonymous lives and family time and making even further sacrifices to warn the country of the danger we are in, the truth about John Kerry is about to be made known to all.

Thank God for them!
GodBlessUSA
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow that's a big leap Calley, England, Graner.....these soldiers all have commited horrendeous acts that are well document and they have been duly court marshalled.

Kerry's record in Vietnam stands in stark contrast to what is presented here....so I think the comparison is wrong.

If Kerry broke the UCMJ with such a harsh crime...why was he never court marshalled?? How do we criticize a man that went ot Vietnam....Edited by Moderator.....so if you have to pick the person who is the hero I would place my bets on the guy who actually went to nam....and fought.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GodBlessUSA wrote:
Wow that's a big leap Calley, England, Graner.....these soldiers all have commited horrendeous acts that are well document and they have been duly court marshalled.

NO, they haven't.

Quote:
Kerry's record in Vietnam stands in stark contrast to what is presented here....

Whose version of Kerry's record? As is being proven by the Swifts, Kerry's version is being debunked by the hour.

All your other questions have been asked and answered many times over on this board.
Indianbaboon
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GBUSA, i can see you're fond of decorations and paper...that'd be why you trotted out your GPA, your research paper, etc in front of us. I'm proud of you, I really am. THen again, that's all meaningless ********...hence your belief in fitness reports and a couple of medals.

SOmething I learned out in the small towns of the southwest, before I went to an Ivy League school (there's some name dropping for you Laughing ) is that you judge a man by what he did, not by his accoutrements. THat's why i don't mention where I went tos chol (except just now...i'm a hypocrite) or what awards I've won. You could learn that.

is all service honorable? does the act of shipping out to war make you a soldier? is general eisenhower now to be seen in the same light as the SGT that grenaded his superior officers? after all, they both fought. and they both serve in times of war.

I have a friend who served 6 years there, as an FAC. That means that every day he got into a little unarmed tin cessna and flew directly over firefights, calling in artillery and in general being a guardian angel to troops. One day, he got shot through the butt with an AK round...sliced right through that thin cessna skin like it was nothing. After he was patched up well enough to go back out, he went again, lost half his foot, earning a second PH. HE THEN STAYED FOR ANOTHER TWO YEARS.

do you get it?

Kerry doesn't have a scar on his body, yet he has three PHs and left after 4 months.

that's not serving honorably. if he bugged, got shell shocked and got a section 8, that'd eb one thing. he didn't. he up and left. adn then helped cook up the less than warm reception the real soldiers got when they came home.

BTW< McCain is on record as hating Kerry intensely up until they reconciles in the 1990s...other vets I know, they haven't forgotten.
Indianbaboon
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

also, FDL, moral relativism is not akin to barbarism, at least in my opinion. Barbarians and even social mammals like wolves and monkeys have VERY strong moral codes...there's even something that looks suspiciously like honor among them.

morality is in our animal roots. moral relativity is actually the brainchild of rich morons in periods of decadence.

and not all of us college kids are punks Crying or Very sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: