SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

State of Indiana to ACLU: Bring It ON!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doc Farmer
LCDR

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:51 pm    Post subject: State of Indiana to ACLU: Bring It ON! Reply with quote

State of Indiana to ACLU: Bring It ON!
Written by Doc Farmer
Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Mom sends me a lot of stuff by e-Mail. I mean a LOT. When we first wired up my parents to the Internet (not literally), I was frankly scared. I love my mother dearly, but she is not, well, how do I put this, technologically inclined? Lord knows, she's dangerous with a can opener, so plugging her into the web (not literally!) did bring me some amount of consternation.

So far, though, she hasn't launched all of our nuclear ICBMs. So far.

Putting that aside, Mom has become quite adept at the simple things. She can do some minimal browsing. Nothing fancy, just straightforward "biblical" searches - "seek and ye shall find" (kinda like Dad's typing - I think he's the only one in the family who never learned to touch-type, but he can still bang out a report on a REAL electric typewriter pretty quickly). She reads my articles online, and forwards the ones I e-Mail to her on to other friends and family members. She even (God forgive her) prints off a weekly synopsis of "As The Stomach Turns" every weekend - one for her and one she mails out to her sister-in-law.

It's a shame I've learned to live with. But I digress....

Mom gets a lot of e-Mail. Pictures of puppies, really bad jokes, "inspirational" messages (see also: glurge), chain letters (almost said chain mail, but let's leave my stainless steel skivvies out of this, shall we?), more really bad jokes, newsletters I'm already subscribed to, etc. And Mom, being who she is, wants to share. So, my sisters and I - and a lot of other relatives and acquaintances - get a lot of messages from Mom. Sometimes three or four copies of the same message. It does fill up the inbox a bit, but we've learned that this is a small price to pay for the comfort it gives her, as well as the added communications channel it provides. Let's face it, when you're several time zones away (east or west), e-Mail can come in pretty handy.

Now, why am I boring the heck out of you with this? Well, to tell you about an e-Mail that she sent me yesterday. One that delighted and surprised me. My cousin sent it to Mom and other family members and Mom sent it to me. It wasn't a new way to get rich quick or a picture of kittens wearing hats.

It was a new license plate.

No no, please try to remain conscious. It's a bit more exciting than some boring old "vanity" plate that identifies your college affiliation, or your military branch, or some charity trying to raise money with plate sales (with the state getting half the cut, of course). Nope, it was something that'll have the lib/dem/soc/commies squealing like a stuck pig in a mosque full of KC Masterpiece Barbeque Sauce. The plate, proposed by Indiana Representative Woody Burton ( R-Johnson County, House District 58 ) includes the words "In God We Trust."

Yeah, I thought that might pique your interests. As we all know, God has become rather passé in lib/dem/soc/commie circles. God is inconvenient, and lib/dem/soc/commies don't like being discommoded by an unseen force. God is all-powerful, and lib/dem/soc/commies don't want anybody to have power - except themselves, of course. God tells us what we can and can't do, and as we all know, lib/dem/soc/commies like to reserve that privilege for themselves.

And God help you (pun intended) if you want to mention It in a pledge, on a coin, on a slab of granite inside a state courthouse, or (Shock! Horror!) on a license plate! The ACFLU (considering my viewpoint of those in the legal profession, I think you'll know what the additional 'f' stands for in that acronym) has done everything possible to remove God from public. Can't pray on a public street if it's too close to a place where babies are murdered. Can't pray in a classroom (although it happens every day - ask any kid who hasn't studied for the BIG test). Can't mention Jesus in a prayer even if you're a Christian who also happens to be a Navy Chaplain.

Can't even have a memorial cross to our slain heroes on the top of Mount Soledad in San Diego either.

All because of a non-existent "establishment clause." A clause which appears NOWHERE in the Constitution of the United States of America. That actually comes from a letter that Jefferson sent to some folks. A clause which has been used to actually circumvent another important part of the Constitution. Oh, the ACFLU will beat their breasts about the first part of the First Amendment - "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion." However, they always seem to forget the second half of that sentence - "or prohibiting the free exercise thereof."

Well, the Indiana State House is flying the flag, folding their hands, and flipping the bird to the ACFLU. About bloody time, too.

The e-Mail that Mom sent me wasn't to tell me about the passage of the bill, though. It was a link to a company that is giving Indiana residents the opportunity to vote on which of the following four designs they like the best.

OPTION A:

http://www.main1media.com/INGODPLATE/INGodPlate1A.jpg

OPTION B:

http://www.main1media.com/INGODPLATE/INGodPlate2A.jpg

OPTION C:

http://www.main1media.com/INGODPLATE/INGodPlate3.jpg

OPTION D:

http://www.main1media.com/INGODPLATE/INGodPlate4.jpg

Oh, I'm sure there are people out there right now, soiling themselves at the thought of some upstart, bible-thumping, flyover state in Dumb-«f-word»-istan (as some lib/dem/soc/commies actually refer to "red" states) having the temerity to actually mention the 'G' word on a public way like this. No doubt, there are hundreds of effing lawyers out there, mobilizing their hate-God-second-hate-America-first teams to protest this affront to their lack of beliefs.

Nevertheless, to normal, honest, hardworking people, God means a lot. We have every right, under the Constitution, to display our faith that there IS a God. The Statehouse, a place that is NOT Congress, had every legal right to do this. And We, The People, have every right to get one of those plates on our cars (our personal property) and display our faith in a Creator as well as our nifty driving skills.

So, if any of you effing lawyers, you ACFLU types, want to complain about this, I've got a simple message to you from the VAST majority of Hoosiers.

Bring it on!

We want our Country back. We want our Constitution back. And we want God back. In public. Where God belongs. If you don't like that, Tough! Learn to live with it. Move to another state. Or another country. Just leave us be, or you'll have a fight on your hands that I promise you'll lose. Badly.

If you do not live in Indiana, but you're interested in getting a similar style of plate in your State, you might want to send a note to your State legislators. Who knows - perhaps us poor, dumb, hick, redneck, white-trash rep/con/tairs will keep these idiots so busy that they won't have the chance to intrude on all those other parts of our lives!

Oh, by the way - if you're a lib/dem/soc/commie, and you see one of those license plates on the car in front of you, just squeeze your eyes shut real tight, stick your fingers in your ears and sing at the top of your lungs to make that sight go away. Right before your car veers off and hits a tree, that is. If you're lucky, you might actually get a chance to find out if God exists - right before It kicks your sorry butt straight to hell.

~~~~~oo0oo~~~~~

Author's Addendum: If you're an Indiana resident, and you'd like to pick out which of the images there are your most/least favorite, go to this web address: http://www.main1media.com/INGODPLATE/INGODPLATE.htm

Author's Erratum: By the bye, a few weeks ago in an article entitled "Remind Me: Who Are The Bad Guys Again?" I incorrectly identified Daniel Pearl as the man who Al Zarqawi brutally beheaded in a video. The slain man was actually Nick Berg. I apologize to you for the error.

~~~~~oo0oo~~~~~

About the Writer: Doc Farmer is a writer and humorist who is also a moderator on ChronWatch's Forum. He formerly lived in Saudi Arabia and Qatar, but now resides in the Midwest. Doc receives e-mail at docfarmer9999@yahoo.co.uk.

ADV: "I HAVEN'T HAD A GLASS OF WATER IN 20 YEARS." Drinking tons of water is great...if you want to raise your stroke risk, bring on kidney failure, and encourage early Alzheimer's. This is just one example of how MASS MEDIA MEDICINE is ruining our health. YOU CAN LIVE LONG and LOVE every minute of IT! http://www.isecureonline.com/Reports/RHB/W6RHG603/

Fat, Bald and Ugly - And PROUD Of It!
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty good piece Doc.
I'm glad that somone out there knows the difference between "Freedom OF Religion" and "Freedom FROM Religion".
Jack
GenrXr

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Option B looks good and I will be resting easy tonight knowing your mother has not launched our nuclear missles. Not yet anyway.
carpro
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a scorcher for you!

I went to a locally produced play that was performed at my home town high school auditorium.

Hanging on both walls of the auditorium were eight foot tall signs that said "IN GOD WE TRUST". They are there every day.

The principal is a fellow church member. He's a large fellow to begin with, but now he's even larger. Wink

I've been wondering how long it will be before a lawsuit is filed.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So many good causes...so little sig room.

Good post Doc.

dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boy did I enjoy reading that. Not only for the information it contained about the license plates but also for the tongue in cheek humor.
Had me chuckling big time. Well done Doc.

And Me#1 that is some great image manuplitation. Had to watch it for several minutes. Kewl!

I guess we can all sit back and wait for the inevitable battle about this to hit the news.

Dusty
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the record, here's the press release confirming that this is a done deal...BZ! to Rep. Woody Burton (h58@IN.gov) and the Indiana Legislature...(darn nice looking plates too Wink )

Quote:
Burton Laws Become Effective July 1st

(STATEHOUSE) June 27, 2006 –After two historic and unprecedented legislative sessions, many local Hoosiers will soon experience changes to state law. This Saturday, July 1st, several important state laws will take effect, including many authored, co-authored, and co-sponsored by local State Representative Woody Burton (R-Greenwood). The legislation covers numerous issues important to the community, including enhancing education opportunities, increasing the production of alternative fuels, and safeguarding Hoosier children.

“I feel very strongly about the legislation I carried through the 2006 session,” said Rep. Burton. “Each of the bills I authored directly affects Indiana in different ways. Many of these issues were brought forth by my constituents. My job as a representative of the people is to ensure that their voices are heard, and I will continue to do my best in doing that.”

The following are a few laws in which Rep. Burton was involved. These laws will take effect July 1st, 2006:
  • Rep. Burton authored House Enrolled Act 1013, which allows the manufacture and purchase of state license plates featuring the words, “In God We Trust.” The plate will be offered on January 1, 2007 at no extra cost to the consumer.
<snip>

AccessIndiana

Doc Farmer
LCDR

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GenrXr wrote:
Option B looks good and I will be resting easy tonight knowing your mother has not launched our nuclear missles. Not yet anyway.

Well, I didn't want to say anything, but...

Remember last week? Apparently, Mom was looking for a kimchee recipe and, well, you know the rest. Shocked

Fat, Bald and Ugly - And PROUD Of It!
Stevie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now wait just a minute here!

buffalojack - you can not be going around posting stuff to confuse me!

there IS a difference between 'freedom OF religion' and 'freedom FROM religion' ????

I just read - yesterday - or maybe today.... on a mostly female msg board

that those 2 mean the same thing!

now, someone is pulling my leg!!

I can go back and check who it was.... but I'm sure it was some fancy smancy female with a degree or 2... from some 'DumbdownAmerica' U.

oh wait! that was the same msg board with females who say they are Christian but don't believe in God, heaven or hell....

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

btw, do any of you know if one of those car shops (autozone etc) carry plate frames that say IN GOD WE TRUST ? I want one of those and I'm
thinking it wouldn't be a good idea for me to put an IN plate on my AZ car!

I'm wondering if they are allowed to sell those in a public type store?
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
Stevie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

btw, I really like option 2; you can see the IN GOD WE TRUST better !

is the choosing over? maybe I need to email my son in IN?

doc, your mom knows the code for the Korean missiles? Laughing Laughing
(you're in my hometown....think I might have mentioned that before)
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
MrJapan
PO1

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm SURE there are bumper stickers out there somewhere that say that... if not, now's the time to get to producing them Very Happy

As a matter of fact, NOW would be a great time to start making t-shirts that say it too!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: