SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Outed CIA agent Plame adds Armitage to lawsuit

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doll
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:15 pm    Post subject: Outed CIA agent Plame adds Armitage to lawsuit Reply with quote

The saga continues and seems to have no end to the litany of complete insanity.

Outed CIA agent Plame adds Armitage to lawsuit

Former Deputy Secretary of State Richard Armitage has been named in Valerie Plame's CIA leak lawsuit.

Quote:
Ex-CIA agent Valerie Plame has added Richard Armitage to her lawsuit over the 2003 leak that exposed her secret status with the agency to journalists, her lawyers said Wednesday.

The move comes less than a week after the former deputy secretary of state acknowledged that he was the long-undisclosed source in an op-ed piece by columnist Robert Novak.

Novak published Plame's name in July 2003 after her husband, former U.S. Ambassador Joseph Wilson, raised questions about a key element of the Bush administration's justification for going to war in Iraq -- that Iraq was seeking to buy uranium in the central African nation of Niger.

The article set off a lengthy federal investigation that eventually ensnared Vice President Dick Cheney's then-chief of staff Lewis "Scooter" Libby, who has been charged with perjury, obstruction of justice and lying to investigators about his discussions with journalists about Plame.

Libby has denied wrongdoing and has pleaded not guilty.

Continued here.

The HILL Chronicles

Soldiers' Angels

"Wednesday Hero - Google It!"
NortonPete
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This has to be the most ridiculous "news story" of the decade.

I wonder what legal options Judith Miller, who spent hard time in jail for this
non event, can take?

I'm not a big fan but she should get even.
gmez2001
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Armitage:
It's not enough that Bush is getting stabbed in the back on an hourly basis from Dems and the media: he's got plenty of back stabbers in his own party.
This story---relationship between Colin Powell and Armitage????????
baldeagle
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are so many things wrong here, its hard to list them all.

1st, Colin Powell knew about this 3 years ago, yet he and Armitage allowed the Whitehouse (The President, Cheney, Rove, Scooter Libby, et al) to swing in the breeze with their butts hanging out, being crucified by the NYT and the rest of the MSM, as well as by Fitzgerald and his Grand Juries.

2nd, Fitzgerald knew about it also, yet went ahead with his charade, dragging everyone in, allowing suspicion to dog them for 3 years, spending millions of taxpayer dollars, harrassing Judith Miller and the other guy (can't remember his name right now) and actually incarcerating Miller, as well as inditing Libby.

Somebody (or somebodies) need to have their tails in a tight sling over this whole thing, before its over, and its not the people they originally went after either, but the people who did the "going after".
"In a word, I want an American character, that the powers of Europe may be convinced we act for ourselves and not for others; this, in my judgment, is the only way to be respected abroad and happy at home." --George Washington
Deuce
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hesitate to add this here, but I can't remember the source (probably the Freepers who have pages on pages on this issue). The absolute irony of this whole case revolving around a 'lie' told by Scooter Libby to protect a reporterette is priceless. Kinda reminds us of a 'lie' told by the ex-Intern-cigar-chomper-in-chief! "I did not have sexual relations with that woman".

Given the parallel situations I'm betting the attempt will be made by the left to let it evaporate....but the indictment will hold for awhile. Our side should force the hand to make sure the indictment is overturned, and some kind of restitution given to Libby (I can't believe I just said something nice about a lawyer!)

Deuce
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For my money, Fitzgerald, Powell and Armitage get investigated.
Scooter Libby gets turned loose.
All the Democrats who accused the V.P of wrongdoing get to apologize.

Hey, I can have a wish list can't I.

Dusty
ocsparky101
PO1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would Wilson not be responsible to Judith Miller and the others that had to suffer through these investigations. Afterall Wasn't it Wilson that started the whole thing by printing lies in the New York Times? Maybe one of you attorney types can explain it to me.
I B Squidly
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bush's AG was reluctant to go after Sandy' burgled documents. He didn't go after Dan's fraudulent documents nor will he prosecute Wolson's mendacity. But, after the election we'l likely see a pardon for Libby.

-Wlm Shakespeare
Doll
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I B Squidly wrote:
Bush's AG was reluctant to go after Sandy' burgled documents. He didn't go after Dan's fraudulent documents nor will he prosecute Wolson's mendacity. But, after the election we'l likely see a pardon for Libby.

That is about the truth of it. Sorry isn't it? Rolling Eyes

The HILL Chronicles

Soldiers' Angels

"Wednesday Hero - Google It!"
FreeFall
LCDR

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been reported Plame's covert status protection had expired anyway so there is no case here!

It was from a classified memo that Armitage learned Plame worked for the CIA. But there was no violation of the Intelligence Identities Protection Act; special prosecutor Patrick Fitzgerald "found no evidence that Armitage knew of Plame's covert CIA status." (By all available evidence, Plame's covert status had expired by the time of her "outing" anyway.)

http://www.opinionjournal.com/best/?id=110008857
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: