SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

It had to happen...McCain flies his true colors...surrender!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deuce
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:26 pm    Post subject: It had to happen...McCain flies his true colors...surrender! Reply with quote

Watch this Bill/Amendment next week and write your congressperson, we'll need to see him defeated for our own security! McCain clearly showing his stripe, and it's yellow! Wouldn't surprise me to see sKerry's name as a co-signer...
Apparently, McCain wants us to bend over and face Mecca sooner than most of us had hoped:

Quote:
-McCain's-proposed policy of bending over backwards to ensure the humane treatment of Muslim terrorists stands in direct contrast to our treatment of American soldiers charged with a battlefield action.

http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles/ReadArticle.asp?ID=24404

If I understand correctly, McCain did this last year also, with theintroduction of Senate Amendment 1557 to Def Appropriations SB1042, which was withdrawn last November!!
Quote:
7/25/2005:
Amendment SA 1557 proposed by Senator McCain. (consideration: CR S8789-8792, S8793-8797, S8798-8801; text as modified: CR S8789-8790)
7/26/2005:
Considered by Senate. (consideration: CR S8898)
11/4/2005:
Measure laid before Senate by unanimous consent. (consideration: CR S12378)
11/4/2005:
Proposed amendment SA 1557 withdrawn in Senate.

(thomas.gov links don't function by linking from here!)
http://thomas.loc.gov

If you remember, extensive castigations on GITMO occured during those hearings, so I'd bet they will resurface that subject as well. The 2007 Defense appropriations (HR5122) already has hundreds of amendments, what's one more from our favorite RINO!

Deuce
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McCain has lost it. He's become feeble minded.
This is insane to even contemplate giving terrorists Geneva Convention protection.
By what convoluted stretch of the imagination do the Taliban or terrorists either one fit the description of soldiers as defined by the Conventions?

I just can not believe we are doing this. Some people have lost their cotton picking minds.

Dusty
I B Squidly
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McCain's not feeble minded. Scheming, crooked and duplicitous yes. Plainly he's turned his back on the GOP nomination. He's positioning himself to run as an independent or to the rescue of the Dems if their roster self-emolates. I hope he takes that Graham kid with him.

I was reminded yesterday of John's early days in Az. The state party was split between the Birchers and Libertarians in those days. Neither block had any use for an unknown carpet-bagger. His sole support was from Duke Tully. No small thing, Tully published the states biggest daily and McCain was rammed down the throats of the electorate winning the nomination to replace John Rhodes. Later Duke would shepard him into replacing old Barry in the Senate. Duke presented himself as a fullbird AF colonel and fighter ace of Korea so his endorsement of the old POW had a certain sense to it. The two appeared the best of friends, had adjoining vacation condos in La Jolla, they often appeared together with Tully in full dress uniform and this charade went on for 8 years until it was revealed that Tully was a complete fraud. Ace hell! He'd never been in the military. The question that lingered was how McCain didn't know. Another interpretation is that he did know and blackmailed Tully for his support.

As Charlie Keating said of John, "I didn't get what I paid for."

-Wlm Shakespeare
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Powell jumps on McCain bandwagon…see letter released by McCain
link
Powell is concerned about the moral basis in the fight against terrorism.

As if.. Powell has moral standing after the plame fiasco
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Squidly - good story on McCain - hadn't heard that one!

so many people are still snowed over by him! ick!

he'll never get my vote again.... not even for dog catcher - I love
doGs too much!

but I'm glad he is showing his colors now.... before the election!
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
Deuce

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Squidly,

I'd bet less than 1% of McPain's followers know that little tidbit...goes far in explaining how he and Kerry got together...birds of a feather that is. Both spent time with military poseurs (and I don't believe for a minute the pair didn't know their fake soldier friends were frauds, laughing at their voters all the way to the senate!):
Quote:
...they often appeared together, with Tully in full dress uniform, and this charade went on for 8 years until it was revealed that Tully was a complete fraud. Ace hell! He'd never been in the military. The question that lingered was how McCain didn't know. Another interpretation is that he did know and blackmailed Tully for his support.

Guess that may also explain why he has no respect for the country or our leaders! He's just another Demrat* living a fraudulent life as a RINO!

Deuce

NOTE *I do distinguish between Demrats and Democrats...I have a lot of democrat friends who have integrity.
I B Squidly
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deuce,

The John's have more in common. The were both on the 'Serial Marriage to Wealth Program'. He dumped his POW widow to marry the daughter of Budweiser's biggest distributor west of the Mississippi. That money pot and the Az Republic in his pocket got him to the senate.

-Wlm Shakespeare
Deuce

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Squidly,
How sad....pretty soon I'm gonna lose all respect for politicians. /sarcasm

Deuce
wonhyo
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 5:03 am    Post subject: McCain and Graham show no concern for our military Reply with quote

I am beginning to wonder if the new way to deal with the "Terrorists" is by playing the same dirty tricks, IED's, remote detonated bombs. I haven't heard much outrage from our Congressmen or Senators about the Terrorists' way of war. I figure if they(terrorists) can do it and it is not against the UN, Dems, definition of torture, why not?!!! I am just becoming so disgusted with our so called Leaders, who are willing to bend to the definitions of what is Right and Wrong. I am also so very much afraid for our Military who are paying the price for these FOOLS!
Deuce

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonhyo,

Or in the Case of McCain and the Senate, for a change, just go with the House Version of the Detainee Bill...see it here:

http://www.majorityleader.gov/News/DocumentSingle.aspx?DocumentID=49895

This is the week to let our Senators know the obvious....McCain's bill is tantamount to surrender...or as Maj. Ldr of the House, Rep Boehner said about our Supremes original ruling that created this 'opportunity' for the Liberals:
Quote:
When the U.S. Supreme Court issued its Hamdan ruling, House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) hailed the decision as “a triumph for the rule of law.” Unfortunately, with the Global War on Terror still ongoing, giving foreign terrorists the same rights and privileges as American citizens and soldiers is a recipe for defeat.

Call your senator (I'm not so worried about the House)
Deuce
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Details emerged yesterday about the seven interrogation techniques the CIA is seeking to be allowed to apply to terror suspects. Newsweek magazine reported that a New York lawyer, Scott Horton, who has acted as an adviser to the US senate on interrogation methods, had acquired a list of the techniques. The details were corroborated by information obtained by the charity Human Rights Watch.

The techniques sought by the CIA are: induced hypothermia; forcing suspects to stand for prolonged periods; sleep deprivation; a technique called "the attention grab" where a suspect's shirt is forcefully seized; the "attention slap" or open hand slapping that hurts but does not lead to physical damage; the "belly slap"; and sound and light manipulation.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/usa/story/0,,1874823,00.html

Oh, horrors!! These techniques are so inhumane, aren't they!

Mac Ranger proposes a question I would love to see the nitwit, bleeding heart lawyers on the Judiciary Committee answer!
I am paraphrasing:
Suppose that we had apprehended one of the terrorists before 9/11 and used these interrogative methods to obtain information to stop the attack. The 3000 people murdered on that day would still be with us.

Are you saying, Mr. McCain, Mr. Graham and all you #@$%#0% lawyers, that those lives are not worth employing these interrogative methods????

I'm with Squidly: Kill All The Lawyers!before they get us killed!
“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
becca1223
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
How to Play Hardball
By Mortimer B. Zuckerman

Posted Sunday, September 17, 2006

<snip>We are forced, as a result, to weigh the imperatives of security against our democratic practices. The issue before the Congress today is the White House effort to clarify Common Article 3 of the Geneva Conventions. There are those who argue that the White House is trying to reinterpret Article 3. Not so. The White House is dealing with the issue that Article 3 was drafted intentionally to be general and vague. For example, it excludes "outrages upon personal dignity" and "humiliating and degrading treatment." But earlier the Senate understood that terms like "outrages" and "degrading" were so vague that using them in a criminal statute would violate our standards of due process. The Senate, therefore, has twice provided a definition for these terms, first as a condition of ratifying the Geneva Conventions and later using that very same definition for the "Detainee Treatment Act" of 2005, passed under the leadership of Sen. John McCain. Yet now Congress is refusing to repeat this clarification so that the Department of Justice can judge the appropriateness of any procedure the administration or the CIA would propose to use.

Opponents argue that this would jeopardize the protection awarded Americans captured by radicals overseas, fanatics who have, on occasion, broadcast the beheadings of captured Americans on TV. So much for protection. As Abraham Lincoln said, "The dogmas of the quiet past are inadequate to the stormy present."<snip>

read full editorial here:U.S. News & World Report
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so McCain wrote his book on his yrs as a pow etc after living at the HIlton for a number of yrs, getting a few slaps and sleep deprived?
he must have fallen over a piece of exercise equipmenet to break his leg....

for that he comes back as a 'war hero' ???

poor guy if he calls THAT torture!

(anyone got his book handy ? i never wasted any money on it....
is that what he listed as torture? lol!)

heck, someone sleep deprives me on a regular basis....

who do I sue? Shocked
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
AMOS

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McPain, I can't stand the phony but I gotta give him some credit for his Hanoi Hilton stay. As a result of his torture, he can't raise at least one of his arms above his head. When the g**ks found out he was the son of an Admiral they were going to let him go. He declined.

Then again, that's what he wrote in his book.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: