SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The battleaxe drops her ice axe, finally

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 8:52 pm    Post subject: The battleaxe drops her ice axe, finally Reply with quote

After years of sweating out the lie (which everyone knew) that she was named for Sir Edmund Hillary, first to top Mt. Everest, the Hildebeast's staff has come up with a whopper in an effort to clear away the cobwebs before the presidential run.

From the NYT (emphasis added):

Quote:
Hillary, Not as in the Mount Everest Guy

By DANNY HAKIM
Published: October 17, 2006

For more than a decade, one piece of Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton’s informal biography has been that she was named for Sir Edmund Hillary, the conqueror of Mount Everest. The story was even recounted in Bill Clinton’s autobiography.

But yesterday, Mrs. Clinton’s campaign said she was not named for Sir Edmund after all.

“It was a sweet family story her mother shared to inspire greatness in her daughter, to great results I might add,” said Jennifer Hanley, a spokeswoman for the campaign.

In May 1953, Sir Edmund and his Sherpa guide, Tenzing Norgay, became the first men to reach the summit of Mount Everest. In 1995, shortly after meeting Sir Edmund, Mrs. Clinton said that her mother, Dorothy Rodham, had long told her she was named for the famous mountaineer.

“It had two l’s, which is how she thought she was supposed to spell Hillary,” Mrs. Clinton said at the time, after meeting Sir Edmund. “So when I was born, she called me Hillary, and she always told me it’s because of Sir Edmund Hillary.”

Even though Bill Clinton repeated the story in his 2004 autobiography, “My Life,” Hillary Clinton did not mention it in her own autobiography, “Living History,” which was published in 2003.

But one big hole has been poked in the story over the years, both in cyberspace and elsewhere: Sir Edmund became famous only after climbing Everest in 1953. Mrs. Clinton, as it happens, was born in 1947.

Source

Schadow
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is called making a silk purse out of a sow's ear.

Even for the Times, I thought the banality of this pap was extraordinary, so I did a quick check of Hakim's by-lines at the NYT.

Hakim (who is, apparently, well fed by the Hillary machine) penned a Clinton puff-piece several days ago and (along with Hillary) was in dire need of egg-on-face removal.

Two birds with one stone. Restore Hakim's credibility and get in front of a story (that's spelled LIE) that Clinton and her staff knew they would HAVE to deal with eventually.

Last edited by Me#1You#10 on Tue Oct 17, 2006 10:11 pm; edited 4 times in total
NortonPete
PO2

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats funny really funny. But I don't see the problem with telling
a story that requires rewriting some history. Clintons do it all the
time. Maybe her mom meant see looked like Hillary or perhaps she
just misplelt her name on the birth certificate actually meaning
to name her Hillbilly Clinton.

Anyway good for a serious laugh, they lie about their own name!
NortonPete
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This blurb from a left leaning NYC paper is funny.
Quote:
comments that suggested alternately that New York's junior senator is a witch, the devil and Hitler. "I would vote for Satan before Hillary,"

800 blog replies that appeared to be mostly negative.

But
Quote:
But a poll out yesterday from Manhattanville College demonstrated how good she's been at defusing the hate since her election in 2000 and chalked up the gains to white women

Where did that broom go??
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: