SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Charges Sought Against Rumsfeld

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:10 pm    Post subject: Charges Sought Against Rumsfeld Reply with quote

Good grief!! Pelosi will just love this.

Quote:
Lawyers for the plaintiffs say that one of the witnesses who will testify on their behalf is former Brig. Gen. Janis Karpinski, the one-time commander of all U.S. military prisons in Iraq. Karpinski — who the lawyers say will be in Germany next week to publicly address her accusations in the case — has issued a written statement to accompany the legal filing, which says, in part: "It was clear the knowledge and responsibility [for what happened at Abu Ghraib] goes all the way to the top of the chain of command to the Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld ."

http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1557842,00.html
“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That ices it.

Let's give them Continental Europe
davman
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In addition to boycoting anything French, I will no longer purchase German products. If they make anything. We need a petition to get W to pull our troops of of that god foresaken country. They would lose millions, if not billions.
Doll
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

davman wrote:
In addition to boycoting anything French, I will no longer purchase German products. If they make anything. We need a petition to get W to pull our troops of of that god foresaken country. They would lose millions, if not billions.

This is awful but also proof of what the next two years will bring our way.
There goes the "BLACK & DECKER" tool set I was planning to buy my husband for Christmas. They are a German company as I am sure you all know. THE BOYCOTT IS ON!!!!

The HILL Chronicles

Soldiers' Angels

"Wednesday Hero - Google It!"
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do we even have troops in Germany? Shouldn't it be up to them to defend themselves? We shouldn't get in the middle of their politics either.

Okay, sarcasm off. Wink

Funny how a Commanding General is so fast to pass the buck. Clintonites in the Military is one of the largest problems we have had.
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even Bill Clinton was clever enough not to sign the World Court thingy. He thought, and rightly so, that it would be used to go after US officials, US soldiers and US citizens.
Looks like that's what they're trying to do.
JN173
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michele Malkin is advising we slow down on boycotting Germany.

http://michellemalkin.com/

Quote:
Before you go ballistic on Germany
By Michelle Malkin · November 10, 2006 02:

The lawsuit hasn't even been filed yet. The Time blurb is a Friday afternoon freebie press release for the left-wing Center for Constitutional Rights--milking Rumsfeld's resignation for all the publicity they can get.

BuffaloJack

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First it was the Italians wanting a couple of dozen of our CIA agents, now the Germans want Rumsfeld, Tenet and Gonzalez. This is what happens when liberals get a little power.
3rd gen Navy
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ummm guys with all due respect, all this is right now is a bunch of drudge links with sensational titles to the same article...a trick to generate click thru revenue for Matt....

just because some one wishes to bring charges in Germany doesn't mean Germany will accept the case...

i'm unhappy about rummy being thrown under the bus, and i get the feeling the bolton thing is face saving measure doomed to failure....

i have a strong suspicion that:

bush will roll over and play dead for the next two years,

John "I made it thru flight school despite multiple pilot error crashes because my daddy was an admiral" Mc Cain will get the nomination in 08,

He may or may not get elected(depending on how obnoxious the dems are over the next two years and how effective bush is at distancing the repubs from them...) and

then the largely ineffective McCain will lose in 2012 ala Bush Sr. and the Clinton nightmare will begin all over again....
BS Biology, Business Administration, Nursing
The Deal with Life: Make decisions based on what you might gain, not on what you may lose.
!!!!!! LET THE WILD RUMPUS BEGIN !!!!!!
gmez2001
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me#1You#10 wrote:
That ices it.

Let's give them Continental Europe

Me #1;
Expected.........
Looks like a long hard winter for Brother Bush and his troops abroad and on SBVPT,certainly hope he can hold it all together.

Bud Day was on Cspan this morning asking voters to contact the Prez about staying the course.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gmez2001 wrote:
Bud Day was on Cspan this morning asking voters to contact the Prez about staying the course.

Dang...sorry I missed that. Hopefully it's archived there somewhere.
BuffaloJack

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually the Germans aren't the ones with issues against Rumsfeld and company. In 2004 and again now (2006) it was and is American Liberals driving this whole thing. They and their lawyers (who incidentally are quite good at finding obscure loopholes and such) are the ones bringing the suits. They are just taking advantage of the jurisdictional environment available to them in Germany. This jurisdictional thing goes all the way back to the Nuremburg trials after WW2.
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jack's right, this comes from the enemy within...

US Lawyers to Seek Criminal Charges Against Rumsfeld in Germany

11 November 2006

In a statement Saturday, the Center for Constitutional Rights says it will file its criminal complaint against Rumsfeld in a German court Tuesday.
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are so right Kate. The enemy within: Collusion of Communist groups, the dinosaur media and the Lefties in Congress

From Stop The ACLU:
Quote:
The Center for Constitutional Rights was co-founded in November 1966 by the radical attorneys Morton Stavis, Ben Smith, Arthur Kinoy, and William Kunstler, longtime members of the Communist and radical left. Prior to forming the Center, Kinoy and Kuntsler circulated a lengthy memo calling for the creation of a “new Communist Party,” which did not materialize.
Among the most passionate crusades of Kinoy’s legal career was his bid to save the lives of the convicted spies Julius and Ethel Rosenberg in 1953. He took similar pride in his heralded 1972 victory when the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that the government was obliged to obtain a warrant for telephone tapping, even in cases where national security was at stake.

From Macsmind:
Quote:
Michael Ratner began his legal career in the late 1960s at the National Lawyers Guild, a Soviet created front group which still embraces its Communist heritage. He worked his way up through the NLG’s radical ranks to become its president, then moved on to hold the same position at the Center for Constitutional Rights (CCR), which shares the NLG’s anti-American radicalism and was founded by pro-Castro lawyers Arthur Kinoy and William Kunstler. Among its many outrages, the CCR has defended domestic and international terrorists, and has honored Ratner’s NLG colleague and convicted terrorist enabler Lynne Stewart, a modern Legal Left idol. Since 9/11, Ratner and his comrades have attempted to extend undeserved “civil rights” to Islamist murderers with notable success. On this front, Ratner and the Legal Left have dealt America some of its few setbacks in the War on Terror.

Why is Time Magazine running this as a big story? This is the same group who brought the lawsuit against Rummy two years ago. Remember when Rumsfeld was in Europe and skipped some international meeting in Germany because he could be arrested if he set foot on German soil. Well, THAT lawsuit was dismissed by the German prosecutors because the 'crimes' alleged were not committed in Germany.

So what is the purpose of bringing the lawsuit again? It will just be dismissed again. What has changed?

Ahah! Now the Dems will control Congress and have the power of subpoena for grand show-trial hearings and investigations. But they have to legitimize to the American public their reasons for the hearings so as to not be seen as piling on.

Again we have the COLLUSION of the Media and the Left.
Enter TIME magazine to lay the groundwork for why we have to have hearings, making a big story out of a German lawsuit that is a big nothing.

In the eyes of much of the public, TIME is a respected publication (of course we know it is a mouthpiece for the left agenda but most Americans don't know that).
So TIME running this story is just to give the Dems a reason to legitimize their witch-hunt investigations. (My goodness, if the Germans are prosecuting Rummy it is our duty to hold our own investigations).
“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
gmez2001
PO3

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

davman wrote:

I notied that S.Korea has been mum since Rumsfeld threatened,"if they don't want us there we'll leave".
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: