SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Inhofe: Al Gore Continues to Demand Special Treatment

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:32 pm    Post subject: Inhofe: Al Gore Continues to Demand Special Treatment Reply with quote

I don't know if it's too late to counter this GW, leftist inspired juggernaut, however forces of sanity appear to be coalescing...and one of those forces is that of Sen. James Inhofe. I, like most of the country, have remained woefully ignorant and ambivalent to the threat that this subversive, neocom-inspired movement presents to our way of life...but I'm waking up.

But where to start? As BuffaloJack noted in another post, the Minority Website for the U.S. Senate Committee on the Environment and Public Works, chaired by Sen. Inhofe, is as good a place to start as any...and is presented in a manner that is both informative and, quite surprisingly for a .GOV entity, even somewhat entertaining.

Here's another from Marc Morano on Gore's attempt to scam the upcoming hearing...

Quote:
Al Gore Continues to Demand Special Treatment
March 20, 2007
Posted By Marc Morano – 8:08 PM ET – Marc_Morano@EPW.Senate.Gov

From behind the scenes on Capitol Hill: Former Vice President Al Gore, despite being given major preferential treatment, has violated the Senate Environment & Public Works Committee’s (EPW) hearing rules.

Gore first demanded to be granted an unprecedented 30 minute opening statement to the Senate EPW Committee for Wednesday’s (March 21) global warming hearing scheduled for 2:30 pm ET.
(See "FULL COMMITTEE: Vice President Al Gore’s Perspective on Global Warming" )

The GOP minority on the EPW committee agreed to the 30 minute opening statement.

But then Gore demanded a waiver of the EPW committee’s 48 hour rule that requires all witnesses before EPW to submit their testimony in advance. The GOP minority on the EPW committee then agreed to waive the 48 hour rule in favor of allowing Gore to submit his testimony 24 hours before the hearing.

But in a breaking news development on Capitol Hill -- the former Vice President has violated the new 24 hour deadline extension by failing to submit his testimony – even with the new time extension granted to Gore.

As of 8pm ET Tuesday evening, the testimony still has not been received by EPW, a clear violation of committee rules.

The word on Capitol Hill says not to expect Gore’s testimony to the Senate EPW committee until Wednesday (March 21) -- the day of the hearing.

It appears that Gore does not believe the same rules apply to him that apply to every other Senate EPW witness.

The question looms on Capitol Hill: Is Gore delaying the submission of his testimony until the very last moment because he fears it will give members of the EPW committee time to scrutinize it for accuracy?

Stay tuned…

The Inhofe EPW Press Blog

I would be interested to learn of other websites/organizations leading the charge to debunk this now monolithic GW fraud. Post-em if you got-em.
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me#1You#10, I too hope it's not too late. The general public is so gullible.
For the past year, I have been furious at the whole GW hysteria.
IMHO, this hocum is going to severely damage our economy and our everyday lifestyle for years to come. The hoax HAS TO BE COUNTERED!

I'm so glad you bring up Sen Inhofe.
He has become a HERO to me since reading this Senate Speech last September. A very cogent rebuttal to the junk science. Historically, the climate naturally heats and cools, and it is not due to manmade causes.

I bookmarked it and have been passing it on whenever the Global Warming subject is discussed.

Of course, Inhofe has been branded an idiot for daring to counter the growing acceptance of GW as scientific fact, but he soldiers on.

GOOD ON YOU, SENATOR JAMES INHOFE!!
“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did my ears play tricks on me or did one of the Congressmen actually refer to Al Gore as "the prophet"?
DanVCC
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The whole purpose of the global warming scam is to force the USA into signing the Kyoto Treaty. This Treaty provides the authority to set pollution standards in the nations that sign on and to fine nations that do not meet the standards. As Chirac of France said a few years ago, the Kyoto Treaty is important because it is the first step toward world government.
DLI78
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For further info on GW, try this documentary:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4520665474899458831

The Great Global Warming Swindle.
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL!!
Just gotta love Fred Thompson!
Using his spot on the Paul Harvey Show to snark Al Gore's "The earth has a "FEVER" remark.
It seems the other planets have caught the same "FEVER".

Quote:
Plutonic Warming
March 22, 2007, 9:30 a.m.

Plutonic Warming

By Fred Thompson

Editor’s note: Click here to listen to the original radio commentary this transcript is based on.

Some people think that our planet is suffering from a fever. Now scientists are telling us that Mars is experiencing its own planetary warming: Martian warming. It seems scientists have noticed recently that quite a few planets in our solar system seem to be heating up a bit, including Pluto.

NASA says the Martian South Pole’s “ice cap” has been shrinking for three summers in a row. Maybe Mars got its fever from earth. If so, I guess Jupiter’s caught the same cold, because it’s warming up too, like Pluto.

This has led some people, not necessarily scientists, to wonder if Mars and Jupiter, non signatories to the Kyoto Treaty, are actually inhabited by alien SUV-driving industrialists who run their air-conditioning at 60 degrees and refuse to recycle.

Silly, I know, but I wonder what all those planets, dwarf planets and moons in our SOLAR system have in common. Hmmmm. SOLAR system. Hmmmm. Solar? I wonder. Nah, I guess we shouldn’t even be talking about this. The science is absolutely decided. There’s a consensus.

Ask Galileo.

— Fred Thompson is an actor and former United States senator from Tennessee.

National Review Online

note: hyperlink added/me#1
“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
Deuce
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In addition to all the other cycles quoted by the Gorebal Warming freaks, there are 'cooling cycles' quoted by proponents of our CURRENT Global Cooling cycle! (won't see them on Network TV folks). In addition, the North Magnetic pole is moving Northward (towards true North) at a [geologically] rapid pace. and other scientists are studying the Magnetosphere cycles....all have thousands of times the credibility of the Gorebal Cult. When I find the most credible I'll post that article here, meanwhile, here's the one I enjoyed the most:

http://www.theconservativevoice.com/article/19273.html

Deuce
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Senator Inhofe needs all the support he can muster. The sight and sound of Boxer waving her ill-gotten gavel at him and telling him that she was going to explain something to him was about the limit. But, I'm sure that display will be exceeded.

I wrote the following to Inhofe after the Gore "testimony" was over:

Quote:
March 22, 2007

Senator James M. Inhofe
453 Russell Senate Office Building
Washington, DC 20510-3603

Dear Senator Inhofe,

The treatment you received during yesterday's meeting of the Environment and Public Works Committee, by both the Majority and Al Gore was appalling. Gore's newly found rock star status does not justify his rude and pompous behavior.

Unfortunately, he has the attention of the press and, through the insidious brain washing technique of distributing his film to the nation's schools, his far-fetched theories are beginning to convert children to his false orthodoxy. Stories of children crying themselves to sleep after being made to watch his egregious doomsday prophecies are heart wrenching.

I wish it were possible for you to arrange for the wide showing of the United Kingdom's TV Channel 4 presentation, "The Great Global Warming Swindle," in the United States. This film consists of real scientists talking real science, not the false consensus of people who make computer models which can be easily bent to achieve the desired outcome.

You spoke in your opening remarks about Lord Monckton. I wrote to him after seeing his reply to the thinly veiled threat made by Senators Snowe and Rockefeller to the CEO of ExxonMobil. I urged Monckton to try to seek an appearance in a Joint Session of Congress to give a sane rebuttal to Gore's nonsense. After all, during Republican majority of the Congress, the execrable MP, George Galloway, managed to score such an appearance in order to excoriate the US for just about everything. I wish you could facilitate such a visit by Monckton.

In any case, you seem to be practically the lone voice in Congress for sanity in this climate dispute. I wish you well and God speed. The world according to Gore must not be permitted to become codified in laws of the United States.

Sincerely,

(me)

I would suggest that more letters or emails (letters are better, I think) be sent to Inhofe to give him more encouragement.

Schadow
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: