SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Iraq Veterans Rebuke Edwards' Memorial Day Politicization

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 3:31 pm    Post subject: Iraq Veterans Rebuke Edwards' Memorial Day Politicization Reply with quote

Can John Edwards be any more lame in his now-desperate attempt to manufacture some political traction?

Well done to Pete Hegseth and "Vets For Freedom"...

Quote:
Iraq Veterans Rebuke Edwards' Memorial Day Politicization
Friday, May 25, 2007

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

New York - Vets for Freedom, a veterans group dedicated to communicating America's strategy in Iraq, strongly denounced a media campaign led by former Senator John Edwards that uses Memorial Day to promote anti-war protests. Edwards arrogantly declared Memorial Day "exactly the right time" to protest the Iraq War, encouraging anti-war protestors to take to the streets.

VFF Executive Director, and Iraq war veteran, Pete Hegseth calls it "exactly the wrong time."

"It's unfortunate that a viable Democratic presidential candidate would use Memorial Day--the day America remembers her fallen heroes--to promote political statements," said Hegseth, who served in both Baghdad and Samarra, Iraq. "Americans are understandably divided on the Iraq War, but Memorial Day is a sacred space; a time to lay aside partisan politics and come together. This holiday is about remembering the fallen on the battlefield and passing their collective story to the next generation. These stories, and the men that bear them, are the backbone of this American experiment and must never be forgotten."

Vets for Freedom will close its doors for Memorial Day, joining the rest of America in remembering American GI's who fought--and died--for the cause of freedom. But Hegseth adds, "After Memorial Day weekend, I look forward to redoubling our efforts to communicate America's strategic objectives in Iraq and Afghanistan."

Vets for Freedom boasts an ever-growing network of veterans who believe in the need to defeat radical Islamist insurgents in Iraq and Afghanistan. Led by Al Qaeda, radical Islamists--waging a global insurgency--have declared war on America and now seem poised to declare victory in Iraq. Vets for Freedom will do everything it can to make sure this does not happen; mobilizing the voices of the vast "silent majority" of veterans who believe in the mission to be heard in Washington, DC and throughout America.

As for John Edwards' Memorial Day ploy, Hegseth submits, "I would be surprised if many people heed Edwards' call for action. The American people are sensible, and recognize a political stunt when they see one."

Vets For Freedom
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Memorial Day isn't a day for Political posturing. It is one day out of 365 that we are to pay respects for all those who have sacrificed their lives so that we may bicker back and forth the other 364 days.

John 15:13 says “Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.” Our fallen heroes have shown that ‘greater love,’ the least we can do is remember them one day out of an entire year.

General George S. Patton is credited with saying, "It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived." That is exactly why we hold Memorial Day each year, to pay homage to our dead from war and to thank God they stood up between our enemies and us.

As we pay our respects to our fallen heroes, reach out to those that came home and simply say “Thank You.” I thank each and every one of my fellow Veterans, whether you served in war or not, for standing between our enemies and us.

Edwards should lower his head in shame.
streetsweeper95B
PO2

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edwards will never lower his head in shame. He has no concept of any such action.....
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

he is one sick dude !
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Lord...I selected "Memorial Day" for the "Google Videos" search on my family blog and John Edwards shows up in his demagogic, opportunistic best Rolling Eyes
streetsweeper95B
PO2

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chuckling
Fort Campbell
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

streetsweeper95B wrote:
Edwards will never lower his head in shame. He has no concept of any such action.....

He can't lower his head. he'd mess up his $400 haircut. Wink
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no, there's too much hair spray - if he attempted to lower his head, it would just topple over like a broken bobble head.

(great visual ....)

BOR has done a job on him....and Dennis Miller did tonight also regarding this.

I bet that big house has it's own hair salon...
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
Snipe
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't concieve of a $400 haircut. I go for a $15 (wally world) set of Wahl clippers and use 'em about every other week.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: