SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SMALL TOWN WEB SITE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DanVCC
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:18 pm    Post subject: SMALL TOWN WEB SITE Reply with quote

Here is the the URL to a small town web site that may be worth remembering when things seem they could not be worse.

http://www.geocities.com/lagrangepat/index.html
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patriotic people in these times are rare. God bless them all.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a look at La Grange from the air, not too far north of Hannibal (perhaps the Capitol of Americana?) or too far west from Snipe's neighborhood.

Heartwarming stories from the heartland...as usual Wink
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The site has an email link directly to 'Pat,' the lady behind this transformation. I emailed her last night thanking her for what she did.

I also hope news of her work spreads and spurs many other "Small Town" America's to repeat her efforts.

As I said to others linking to this on my own blog, Small Town America is the true blackbone and strength of our nation.
AMOS
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Small Town America is great (Panora, Iowa population 1200+). It can quickly become un-great if a big city administrator comes to town. So, I bought an acreage five miles out. All okie dokie, now.

Raccoons were really going at it the other night. Stepped out on the back porch and emptied a twenty round magazine of .223 hollow points in that direction. All okie dokie, now.
Snipe
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just went through Hannibal, MO (twice) on Memorial Day weekend on my way to visit my #3 kid and family in Kansas City. The best way to go is US 24 from Peoria through Hannibal, US 36 from Hannibal to Cameron, MO, and then I-35 to Kansas City (MO & KS). It's a good, direct route and goes right through the Heartland - what the Left & Right coasters call "flyover" country. But then again, I don't live on the Left Coast anymore. It just doesn't seem like the real America to me for some reason.

#3 kid still likes I-70 and I55 as the quickest way to go, but I can do without all the road rage on the superslab. Although I will use I-57 and I-24 when I visit #2 kid in Ft Campbell, KY. The downstate interstates are not nearly as hectic as the St. Louis - Chicage corridor.

Very Happy
rhv5862
PO2

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:21 pm    Post subject: SMALL TOWN WEB SITE Reply with quote

Sent her a thank you for all the work she has done. Her work honors all Vets every where.

RHV5862
DanVCC
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pat Livingston asked me to thank each of you for what she calls "nice comments" about the La Grange site. She especially says thanks to Lew Waters for linking the La Grange site on his site as a "must read." From what she says, the comments have inspired her to continue doing things to honor the town vets and she is starting to work on something special for the families of those killed in action.
If you have not yet visited the site, I urge you to do so and get an idea of what went on in town thanks to a few motivated people. Again, the URL =

http://www.geocities.com/lagrangepat/index.html
DanVCC
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few days ago I posted the starting blog for this topic which included a URL for a web site about La Grange's vets memorial. To date about 214 people have viewed the posting but the web site has received only 87 hits, according to the Geocities counter.
Does anybody know how accurate such hit counters are?
I can't believe only 87 hits after 215 Swifty views particularly since Lew put the link on his site as a "must visit" site.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: