SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Why is Kerry's service 30 yrs ago an issue NOW?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
justamom
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 2:02 pm    Post subject: Why is Kerry's service 30 yrs ago an issue NOW? Reply with quote

For those that still just can't seem to figure it out and believe that these Swift Boat Veterans are nothing more than a "front" for the Bush campaign or just a bunch of jealous vets.......HERE'S YOUR ANSWER (and, "Here's your sign.....")

By Robert Novak (http://www.townhall.com/columnists/robertnovak/rn20040809.shtml)

"Why should details of what Kerry did more than 30 years ago be part of this election campaign? Only because the senator has made them integral to his strategy. Kerry as war hero received more attention at the Democratic National Convention than plans for the future. Thus, what he did in his shortened four months of combat becomes a valid campaign issue."
Bob Chamberlain
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 2:33 pm    Post subject: Kerry betrayed us 30 years ago Reply with quote

John Kerry's betrayal of the very men he served with would be a campaign issue today, whether or not he made it an issue (as he clearly has). If John Kerry were to be elected president, my son and his friends would serve in a military commanded this political opportunist. To me, it is abhorrent that this man who betrayed me and millions of my fellow servicemen 30 years ago might be in a position to betray my son in the same manner. If for no other reason than to protect our sons and daughters who may one day serve, we MUST insure that the men who lead our country have the highest integrity and reliability. John Kerry fails on both counts. I refuse to watch Jane Fonda movies, even today. I sure in Hell won't vote for John Kerry. This is an issue that every parent should consider.
JohnA
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to half-heartedly agree with justamom. That being said, I think I have to half-heartedly agree with Bob also.

SwiftVets for "Truth" seems to be playing a lot of games with the "truth." Mixing the two issues of John Kerry's service in Vietnam and his actions after his service in Vietnam is a dangerous game. And, mixing the sound bites of these two issues strikes of a Michael Moore movie.

John Kerry's statements after his service are a mixed bag. There are plenty of Vietnam veterans who want to know why Nixon kept the war going long after he had given up on the war for political reasons. And, to act as if the only veterans who were "really veterans" were those who didn't question Johnson or Nixon after their service is a sham and a shame. John Kerry's testimony may have been been filled with bravado and exaggeration, but the underlying issue of why the government continued to keep us in Vietnam long after that government had stopped supporting the men and women it had sent over there was the important message.

"John Kerry's betrayal of the very men he served with would be a campaign issue today, whether or not he made it an issue (as he clearly has)."

Edited by Moderator: Bush is not an issue. Support Kerry all you want and keep it civil. Thanks
url]
JimRobson
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not a spokesman for the organization but I think I know why his service is an issue.

Because he made it so!!!

Is he running on his Senate record???

Is he running on the issues???

He is running on a period of his life which spanned an entire 4 months.

He spent more time than that as a member of Vietnam Veterans Against the War, maligning the troops, visiting Paris and Hanoi, giving aid and comfort to the enemy.

Any more questions???

http://www.thewebplace.com/
RocketFett
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 3:20 pm    Post subject: Because he made it an issue Reply with quote

Kerry's the one who chose to make this election more about his four pathetic months in Vietnam than his time after the war, or his decade and a half in the Senate. And that is the striking most pathetic thing. The fact that in his mind, his time in Vietnam makes him look better than his Senate voting record, is SOOOOO pathetic. Because his time in Vietnam is HORRIBLE and full of holes and lies and deceit. And compared to that, his Senate voting record is EVEN WORSE! I don't see how any of this has an upside for kerry. He purjured himself to the Senate on something as simple as his suposedly being in Cambodia on Christmas of 1968 and hearing Nixon on the radio talk about no troops in Cambodia, and not only has it been broven he wasn't in Cambodia, but Nixon wasn't President in December of 1968, and when he was President, kerry was no where near Southeast Asia. If he can't even tell the truth about that, how the heck can he be trusted to tell the truth about anything? He can't. He's the one that made his third of a tour in Vietnam such a big campaign theme for himself, and now it's time to pay the piper, and the truth is here and spreading like wildfire across the country.
Uisguex Jack
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John A wrote:
Quote:
SwiftVets for "Truth" seems to be playing a lot of games with the "truth." Mixing the two issues of John Kerry's service in Vietnam and his actions after his service in Vietnam is a dangerous game.

John Kerry today, aside from his performance at the convention has exhibited a trend, life long, of spinning issues far beyond a honest portrayal
of anything.

In the last 15 days while speaking first to a American Arab group he declared the 'Wall' now in place in Israel is a barrier to peace.

Within 10 days of saying this he stated the exact opposite..... that the 'Wall" was a bridge to peace, This while speaking with a American Jewish organization.

HEY!

One of those two statements is a lie. The country needs a leader who can Make a coherent stand on the issues, all the issues. We may disagree with that 'stand' but we at least know what issues are at hand.

John Kerry, we know, lied in his Congressional Testimony.
It is coming to light that he has unequivocally lied about many of
his exploits during the War. Most recently writing in his diary that he spent
the Christmas of 68 deep in Cambodia while the president had announced we had no troops there.

The president who said that was Nixon. He was not inaugurated until some months later.

The Swift Vets have a story to tell. John Kerry has already told his story many times and many ways. His Testimony on the hill arguably led to the unnecessary loss of Three million plus lives.

The Swift Vets were at the heart of Kerry’s experiences in Vietnam. Kerry's Stories led to a generation of soldiers vilification.

I think it's only fair to hear them out, on all the issues. During the war, after the war and just last week. These are the vast majority of his Peers from his entire military experience. Their lack of Public Relations savvy could be a indication that,

Hey these guys are who they say they are. Not some Partisan Hacks.
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnA wrote:
I have to half-heartedly agree with justamom. That being said, I think I have to half-heartedly agree with Bob also.

Sir, please explain why you can only agree "halfheartedly." I venture that what you mean is that you don't agree with them whatsoever.

JohnA wrote:

SwiftVets for "Truth" seems to be playing a lot of games with the "truth." Mixing the two issues of John Kerry's service in Vietnam and his actions after his service in Vietnam is a dangerous game. And, mixing the sound bites of these two issues strikes of a Michael Moore movie.

SwiftVets has been subjected to McCarthyism of the worst kind - that actually sanctioned by a U.S. Senator, John Kerry, in his attempts to nullify the right of free speech of the SwiftVets group through its paid advertisement.

JohnA wrote:
John Kerry's testimony may have been been filled with bravado and exaggeration, but the underlying issue of why the government continued to keep us in Vietnam long after that government had stopped supporting the men and women it had sent over there was the important message.

Readers: note the leftist tactic of making a vicious attack seem like the attacker "was just trying to help." This is a standard leftist rule of engagement.

Also note the indifferent and misleading use of the word "exaggeration." Sir, teaching you a lesson in semantics and debate, when you make an argument, it helps to be as specific as possible.

Now, let's rephrase your statement.

John Kerry's testimony may have been been filled with bravado and exaggeration (that is, blatant, wild accusations that U.S. military personnel were mostly a bunch of war criminals committing atrocities), but the underlying issue of why the government continued to keep us in Vietnam long after that government had stopped supporting the men and women it had sent over there was the important message, while the message that made the lives of the returnees hell was irrelevant then as now.

Several hundred thousand betrayed military men and women see it quite differently.

FDL

Last edited by fortdixlover on Mon Aug 09, 2004 3:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
JohnA
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JimRobson wrote:
Is he running on his Senate record???

Yes.

JimRobson wrote:
Is he running on the issues???

Yes.

JimRobson wrote:
He is running on a period of his life which spanned an entire 4 months.

No more than any other veteran who has run for president. I didn't hear people crying and whining when Bob Dole or George H.W. Bush were extolling their wartime service. (As a note, I voted twice for Perot... I was young and foolish in those days).

JimRobson wrote:
He spent more time than that as a member of Vietnam Veterans Against the War, maligning the troops, visiting Paris and Hanoi, giving aid and comfort to the enemy.

This is the type of mixed up message that is shoving away moderate voters from the SwiftVets goal of electing George W. Bush. Which, regardless of the "supposed" neutrality of the board as imposed by the above moderator (who seems to be asleep at the wheel in dozens of posts extolling the "virtues" of President Bush). In one sentence Jim throws together VVAW and visiting Hanoi... events which occurred over 20 years apart. This is the same ugly type of "factual misleading" that people (correctly I might add) accuse Michael Moore of doing. Why isn't anyone calling on the SwiftVets for Truth to be less "Moore" truthful?

JimRobson wrote:
Any more questions???

Sure. I have plenty. But, all in due time.
JohnA
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Edited by Moderator: Bush is not an issue. Support Kerry all you want and keep it civil. Thanks
url]

So, you'll be making RocketFett alter his signature? Correct?
justamom
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnA, you so totally missed my message, I can't help but wonder:

Did you bother to read the article to which I provided a link? Or did you just assume because of the subject title I don't understand WHY his actions 30 years ago are such an issue?

Hopefully, JimRobson cleared it up for you.

That being said - okay, put aside the 30 years ago thing for a moment and tell me (since THAT doesn't seem to bother you) how do you feel about his Senate voting record?

Specifically, how do you feel about him promising you he'll keep jobs here at home and punish/penalize company's that continue shipping jobs overseas? (Did you know that he voted in favor of NAFTA? Do you know what NAFTA did us American workers that used to have jobs??? What about the fact that his wife's company and source of his millionaire lifestyle -Heinz- is one of the very culprits sending jobs overseas? THAT'S not an issue for you?)

How do you feel about him promising you he has plans for all the issues our country is facing but won't reveal ANY of them "until he's elected President"? That doesn't worry you a little? Suppose his plan is communism?

READ MORE - TV LESS.
wednesdaychild
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As said, it's an issue, b/c kerry has made it an issue. just now i saw on fox, two analysts discussing the orgs that do these kind of ads, ie the moveone.org people and the swiftvets. one guys just said he like to get to the truth bc someone is lying.
but the demo perosn said how awful for bush these ads wer playing and how if it were her she's get the message to bush to stop them, they are hurting him and yada yada yada.
the dems look like they are runing scared. Like the dems really care if an ad hurt bush? Then why are they fighting tooth and nail to get it off the air? I can see through her ruse.
sdonions
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny....I guess I missed the part of him running on his Senate record.

Like him missing the greater part of EVERY Senate vote while campaigning in the primaries.

Or that he is the most liberal voting Senator and his VEEP is the third most liberal.

Or that he voted for the Iraq conflict then voted against funding the troops.

Or that he has voted against almost every new weapon system for the last 20 years.

The [b]ONLY thing I have heard Kerry say is that he has 3 Purple Hearts and that HE is a war hero.

Please do not think that everyone here is a sheep like those crazy jack legs over at DU or MoveOn.

I have gotten sick of just standing by and watching these BRAVE HEROs get trashed by misdirection and outright lies from the Left.
Bob Chamberlain
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 4:40 pm    Post subject: Why the left likes Kerry Reply with quote

In truth, I have formed the opinion that the majority of Kerry's support is not really support for Kerry, but rather vehement opposition to President Bush. And sadly, this opposition to our president is not based on his performance in office, but rather the perception the he and the Republicans "stole" the 2000 election. I am terribly afraid that, for many Democrats, nothing Kerry may have said or done (or may do or not do as President) makes one bit of difference. They are out for revenge. This makes it all the more important that we do everything in our power to reach those Americans who may still be thinking and forming honest evaluations. We have to get the national media off the dime and convince them to give the Swiftvets a fair hearing.
JohnA
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear justamom,

Yes, I did read Novak's article. It was a common Novak article... what do you want me to say? Novak has been a mouthpiece for the Republican party since I learned how to read. Not much special about it.

This continual lie that "John Kerry isn't talking about his record" and "John Kerry isn't talking about the issues" is nothing short of libel. A simple click on EITHER of the "Yes." links I posted above in response to JimRobson's post prove so. So, if you want to talk about "Truth" then feel free to start at any time...

Quote:
Specifically, how do you feel about him promising you he'll keep jobs here at home and punish/penalize company's that continue shipping jobs overseas?

His promise is to STOP REWARDING companies that ship jobs overseas. John Kerry is not opposed to the free market and neither am I. (And neither are the republicans who helped passed NAFTA (Personal derogatory comment deleted by moderator. Keep it civil.)But, a free market does not mean we need to enable the Cheap Labor Republicans to get a reward for shipping jobs to unequal labor markets where the citizens of those countries receive none of the benefits a democratic republic such as the United States enforces a level playing field in the labor market.

Quote:
Did you know that he voted in favor of NAFTA? Do you know what NAFTA did us American workers that used to have jobs???

Yes, I'm quite aware of NAFTA... and, although I'm not sure whether it is Mexico or Canada you consider "overseas," I am aware that issues such as the sugar subsidies which have been embraced by the current Administration (like the former steel tariffs and the farm subsidies, etc.) are what have force thousands of jobs to Canada.

Simple question: Are you insinuating that if John Kerry is not elected, NAFTA will be repealed?

[quote]How do you feel about him promising you he has plans for all the issues our country is facing but won't reveal ANY of them "until he's elected President"?[/url]

Really? I beg to differ:
http://www.johnkerry.com/issues/

Perhaps I'm not the one who should be doing more reading...
JohnA
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sdonions wrote:
Funny....I guess I missed the part of him running on his Senate record.

Like him missing the greater part of EVERY Senate vote while campaigning in the primaries.

Or that he is the most liberal voting Senator and his VEEP is the third most liberal.

Or that he voted for the Iraq conflict then voted against funding the troops.

Or that he has voted against almost every new weapon system for the last 20 years.

The [b]ONLY thing I have heard Kerry say is that he has 3 Purple Hearts and that HE is a war hero.

Please do not think that everyone here is a sheep like those crazy jack legs over at DU or MoveOn.

I have gotten sick of just standing by and watching these BRAVE HEROs get trashed by misdirection and outright lies from the Left.

Just because you're not bothering to listen doesn't mean it's not being stated.

BTW, how's the Crusader howitzer doing these days? Oh wait... the current Administration scuttled it as it neared completion.

I almost didn't reply to this message because it is filled with so many "one hit wonder" lies which make the RNC talking points memos... but, if you'd like to go one on one with each of those items, I'd be happy to.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: