SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Official Sarah Palin is VP choice
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:29 pm    Post subject: What a Contrast Reply with quote

zinfella
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LewWaters wrote:
Palin is defintely a good choice. Not only because she is a woman, but because she is a strong conservative.

This is one of the better moves McCain has made in years.

Absolutely! She is a great choice, smart, tough, conservative, and very easy on the eyes to boot.
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sarah Baracuda!! (her nickname from highschool basketball)

I watched her acceptance today. WOW! She is so articulate and just knocked it out of the park.

Can’t wait for her to eviscerate SloJoe Biden in the VP debate.

Join John McCain, Cindy McCain and the Vice Presidential Nominee for a Road to Victory Rally!

Please join John McCain, Cindy McCain and the Vice Presidential Nominee at a Road to Victory Rally
on September 5th in Sterling Heights, MI. The doors open at 3:00 p.m. and the program begins at
5:00 p.m.

As the Senator, Mrs. McCain and the VP Nominee continue the
momentum traveling across the country after next week's National Convention, they would be delighted to have you join them at this rally.

Please come and show your support for John McCain. Please pick up a free ticket to join us.
You can reserve a ticket to pick up at one of our ticket distribution centers by following this link or email us at michigan@johnmccain.com.

Got this email yesterday and thought I would attend if Romney was
the VP pick.
Otherwise no, as it’s about a 90 minute drive from where I live.
As I have stated before, my feelings about McCain were pretty tepid.

After watching Palin today, I am so enthused I reserved tickets for
this Road To Victory Rally scheduled the day after the GOP Convention ends.

WooHoo!! I never thought I could be a McCainiac. Go McCain-Palin!
“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)

Last edited by shawa on Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Snipe
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After last night, I was seriously considering going Libertarian and damn the consequences, but after today, I can vote republican without having to hold my nose. Very Happy
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:54 pm    Post subject: Dark Clouds Forming Reply with quote

There seems to be a potential scandal brewing involving the ex-husband of Palin's sister and a custody battle where Palin may have intervened using her office "inappropriately". Anything to it?
zinfella
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Dark Clouds Forming Reply with quote

TEWSPilot wrote:
There seems to be a potential scandal brewing involving the ex-husband of Palin's sister and a custody battle where Palin may have intervened using her office "inappropriately". Anything to it?

The results of the investigation aren't due until November. Palin is very confident, saying "go ahead, hold me accountable", and remarking that she's done nothing wrong. IMO, if there was anything to it, she wouldn't have got the nod for the VP slot.
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope you're right, but never underestimate the ineptitude of the Republicans to blow an election by not doing all their homework. Has anyone seen Dan Rather near a copier lately?...nothing is beneath the Leftists these days....
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

American Thinker explains some of it.
The ex brother-in-law sounds like a nasty guy, tasering a 10-year-old.
“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tews, she is being "investigated" because she fired the Democrat Public Safety Commissioner. The Fired Commissioner claims he was let go because he refused tofire her ex-brother-in-law.

A wrench in the monkeyworks of his claim is that the ex-brother-in-law is still on the State Patrol.

Source

This is just another Democrat ploy to bash and denigrate a Republican. It is the tactic they are using all over the nation to demonize Republicans.
zinfella
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LewWaters wrote:
Tews, she is being "investigated" because she fired the Democrat Public Safety Commissioner. The Fired Commissioner claims he was let go because he refused tofire her ex-brother-in-law.

A wrench in the monkeyworks of his claim is that the ex-brother-in-law is still on the State Patrol.

Source

This is just another Democrat ploy to bash and denigrate a Republican. It is the tactic they are using all over the nation to demonize Republicans.

Plus, she offered the fired Public Safety Commissioner another state job, which he refused! Case closed, AFAIC!
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm being told that she has a better record protecting Alaskan fishing and oil rights against the Russians than the U. S. State Department, and Obama wants to "sit down and discuss" giving away more of our sovereignty. No contest. Next criticism?

By the way, I work with a former winner of (don't want to mention the state, but it is a Western state) the Miss America competition for her state several years ago. She and her husband ride motorcycles, hunt, fish, have a great family, ...maybe it isn't just a beauty contest after all. It seems to prepare them for honest work a whole lot better than being a "street agitator" or graduating from Ivy League Law Schools ever has.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We can't ignore the timing of this pick.

Announcing today, the day after Obama accepted the Democrat Party nomination and ended a week long convention, sucked all of the oxygen right out of the expected bounce for Obama.

Instead of all the news focused on him, it is solidly focused on McCain and Sarah Palin.

Seems to me, the young bright Obama got snookered by the crinkly old gray haired man Laughing Cool Wink

Last edited by LewWaters on Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:23 am; edited 1 time in total
arkadyfolkner
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Played, McCain, Well Played.
baldeagle
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest, I did not think McCain had it in him. My wife was sure he was going to name his old buddy Joe Lieberman and I was not sure, myself, that he wouldn't. What a disaster that would have been.

Fortunately, he made the best choice he possibly could have. The lady is fantastic. Can't wait to see her and Hillary face off in 2012. (That presumes that McCain will bow out after 4 years of course, but if he really does put country 1st, he could leave no finer legacy.)

I'm feeling more optimistic than I have in a long time.

Palin/Jindal..........now that is a pair to draw to.
"In a word, I want an American character, that the powers of Europe may be convinced we act for ourselves and not for others; this, in my judgment, is the only way to be respected abroad and happy at home." --George Washington
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obama gives his "I am the coming Nightmare" speech on the anniversary of Martin Luther King's "I Have a Dream" speech, so McCain announces his pick of a woman on the anniversary of the granting of Woman's Suffrage. Obama's convention balloon deflated faster than the Hindenburg, and on fire, too, with a lot of Hillary supports gathering torches and pitchforks.

Since Obama loves basketball, picture this cartoon: Hillary is dribbling down the court for an uncontested layup (a big number "1" on her uniform). Out of nowhere comes Obama to block the shot (in big letters "The ONE" on his uniform). The rebound goes to Sarah Palin (with the word "WON" on her uniform), who drains a 3-pointer...priceless. OR, since Palin is a "Hockey Mom", visualize Joe Biden as the goalie and Palin coming in on a breakaway. The look of panic on his face as she races toward him cradling the puck and then....SCORE!!!!

Things have started looking a lot better over the past 24 hours.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: