SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry Lies List Needed -- NOW

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dwight Callaway
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 5:27 pm    Post subject: Kerry Lies List Needed -- NOW Reply with quote

We need that short, concise list of the Kerry lies from Vietnam NOW. We need it for a handout at Kerry rallies, Bush rallies and any political gathering with crowds and media. This has been suggested and requested before. But the idea slid off the first page of the forum with NO ACTION!!

POSSIBLE TITLES--

JOHN KERRY’S VIETNAM LIES
THE TRUTH ABOUT JOHN KERRY IN VIETNAM
JOHN KERRY: WAR HERO OR FRAUD AND LIAR?

Who can help write it? Who WILL help write it? We DO NOT need one of the eyewitness Swift Vets to write it. No one man was an eyewitness to all the lies and frauds, anyway. We need writers who maybe have access to these guys or know intimately what is in O’neill’s book. Someone who has most of this stuff in his head already. You don’t have to be a professional writer; other people can help you with spelling and sentence structure if you need it. Other people can help you with getting it in shape for printing. Other people can help you with specific incidents, you are not sure about.

We need a short flier – 1 pager - for printing and xeroxing as a hand-out at political rallies and similar places. Having more than one version would be great, but we need at least one version NOW. We could also use slightly different and longer versions to send as an email to media outlets, groups and for people to just email to friends.

This is a suggestion for how to set it up:

INCIDENT DESCRIPTION then
NAMES OF CORROBORATING WITNESSES then
REFER TO FOR DETAILS AND PROOF: (page # in “Unfit”; affidavit, etc.)

Pick the top 10 or top 7 --- whatever will fit on one page – and look good – not crowded. With a title and a close at the bottom giving information on how to get more info, etc.

After we get the first one posted on the web-site, anyone can print one out, xerox some copies and then go hand them out at events in his hometown, put them on bulletin boards, give them to media, email them, etc.

If there is interest, then we can develop better and different types of fliers and standard “form letter” e-mails that anyone can cut and paste, print out or e-mail.

We also need to think up some good ideas for signs. People can make their own signs locally, but we need to come up with some killer sound bites and slogans. So post your suggestions for that below also please.

If you want to work on this please post below and contact others who you think should be working on this. Start posting below what you think should be included on the "list of lies" or any other related ideas. Thanks.

Dwight Callaway
Boise
hanna
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, having something like that available would be great, but the ones on the "inside" are going to have to supply the facts because we don't know them all and the LAST thing we want to do is put out anything that would be contradictory, even if it is the slightest little thing.
Bob Chamberlain
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 6:03 pm    Post subject: Lies List Reply with quote

I have been working on this same effort for the last few hours. I have been trying to get transcripts of the Congressional Record, interviews and such to use as source material. I am going out this afternoon to buy both Kerry books (God, I hate to do that!!).

Suggestions:

Dwight, would you act as "moderator" to make sure that several of us are not duplicating our efforts? I have started on the Bronze Star and third Purple Heart action, but will switch if someone else has already made good progress on this.

Let's start a "documentation" thread where we can post URL's of documents (or the documents themselves) to help avoid duplicate searching.

Swiftvets - would you please post all of the affidavits your members have executed? I also heard Steve Gardner say in an interview that he had just obtained copies of the actual After Action Reports. Could you post these as well?

Does anybody know if there are unit records available anywhere? I am looking for things like copies of the Morning Reports (that's what the Army calls the daily summary of duty status for each assigned member), maintainance records for the boats (when did they get shot up and how badly), the official unit history - things like this.

My intent is to list quotes of the (many, differing) accounts John Kerry has given of events, in juxtaposition with relevant official documents and the Swiftvets version of events. I think John Kerry's own words will often convict him.

But I agree that we should allow the Swiftvets full editorial rights to delete or correct anything we say. We cannot let our efforts to help become a chink in the armor for the main combatants.
Dwight Callaway
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay this is mainly to Bob, but it will clear up some confusion for everyone. You are talking about doing basic research and generating a comprehensive and therefore VERY LONG list of Kerry lies. That is something I think we need too, but that isn't what I am talking about here. I just want a short flier to xerox and go hand out and put on cars at events like the Democrat picnic they had LAST NIGHT in Boise with Carole King as speaker. But I have nothing to use and I have no contact with anyone else in Boise.

Your project could take months or years to complete. It would be like writing a book. If you go back to original documents and action reports. I recm'd you read O'neill's book and see what's there first.

We need something quick and short, as long as it is accurate, it does not have to be perfect in its initial rollout. We need something one page - one side. It would be nice to have a half page version, or a one page tri-fold flier (printed on both sides.)

As far as buying Kerry's books. Have you bought and read O'neill's book yet? What I am wanting at least may be easy to pull right out of O'neill's. O'neill could probably write out what we need in 10 minutes if somebody could get to him. HINT TO ADMIN!! If you guys know who could help do this quickly, please put them onto this thread or send me their name. Thanks.

As far as moderating or coordinating this effort. Yes I will do that, unless someone at Admin wants to take over. It is ridiculous that Swiftvets does not already have this kind of basic literature. Anyway this thread will be self coordinating, if people who want to pitch and work on it will just post what they are doing and what their ideas are. And we can use PM's to communicate too.

Dwight
hanna
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a list I started......but please don't do anything with it until you clear it with the Admin here, ok?

First Purple Heart

Kerry fired M-79 grenade launcher too close (no hostile fire)
Dr. Louis Letson removed a tiny piece of shrapnel stick in his arm, applied a band-aid
Kerry requested a purple heart from Commander Grant Hibbard'
Hibbard investigated, and denied

Three months later, after all personnel actually familiar with the events of December 2, 1969 had left Vietnam, Kerry somehow managed to obtain a Purple Heart for the December 2, 1968 event from an officer with no connection to Coastal Division 14 or knowledge of the December 2, 1968 event or of Commander Hibbard's prior turn down of the Purple Heart request.
All normal documentation supporting a Purple Heart is missing. There is absolutely no casualty report (i.e., spot report) or hostile fire report or after-action report in the Navy's files to support this "Purple Heart" because there was no casualty, hostile fire, or action on which to report.

Christmas In “Cambodia”

Kerry testified that as Nixon gave a speech Christmas Eve, saying no one was in Cambodia, Kerry claimed he had been ordered in.
The truth is, the waters going into Cambodia were well posted and patrolled/guarded. No one was allowed to go in.
If someone had gone in they would have been court marshaled
Furthermore, Nixon was not President in 1968.

Third Purple Heart

Kerry reflected in his own journal that his buttocks' wound came, not from any mine but, rather, from a grenade tossed into a rice cache by himself or friendly troops (in the absence of any enemy fire)
"I got a piece of small grenade in my ass from one of the rice bin explosions."
Kerry had bits of shrapnel and rice extracted from his backside
That could hardly come from an underwater mine, as he told the Navy to get his 3rd purple heart.

Bronze Star

A mine went off under PCF 3 -- some yards from Kerry's boat
The force of the explosion disabled PCF 3 knocked several sailors into the water
All boats, except one, closed to rescue the sailors and defend the disabled boat
Kerry's boat fled the scene
After a short period, it was evident to all on the scene that there was no additional hostile fire
Thurlow began the rescue of disabled PCF 3, while Chenoweth began to pluck survivors of PCF 3 from the water
Midway through the process, after it was apparent that there was no hostile fire, Kerry finally returned, picking up Rassman who was only a few yards from Chenoweth's boat which was also going to pick Rassman up.
McCloud
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 8:03 pm    Post subject: European help in Iraq Reply with quote

One other you can ad is Kerry's claim in the past few days that European leaders have promised to send their troops to Iraq to relieve our guys once Kerry is elected. If anyone believes this I have a bridge in Brooklyn....
loosecannon
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you guys aware that (at least in 71) when I derosed, I , and all the men boarding the freedom bird were given paperwork that would have given us the bronze star and the Vietnamese legion of merit for just "not screwing up" It would be interesting to know how many Bs's were awarded in this manner.
Doc Jerry
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 10:02 pm    Post subject: Kerry's list of lies Reply with quote

Swiftees:

I think you can get more attention from the general public by listing both Kerry's lies and his record, especially targeting non-veterans. For example:

...Slandered a generation of veterans and has never apologized ("Yes, yes, I committed the same kind of atrocities as thousands of other soldiers have committed..." on "Meet the Press" in 1971.
...Not supported by most of his own Swift Boat Veterans, including his
former commanders.
...Voted 12 times against military pay increases.
...Voted for the war in Iraq, but against funding for the troops.
...Missed 98 or 112 Senate roll call votes this year alone, including extending unemployment compensation.
...Historically indecisive about numerous issues including, but not limited to, The Patriot Act, NO Child Left Behind, Abortion, intelligence funding, etc.
..."On Education and Health Care, Kerry has a thin record." Congressional Weekly, 4/24/04.

Target the general population as well as vets. You'll go further with your message.

Go Air Force!!! Medics, we're there when you need us.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: