SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anything is possible
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
varwoche
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 1:20 am    Post subject: Anything is possible Reply with quote

Despite the fact that the written record contradicts the swifties, it's entirely possible that the allegations that Kerry scammed his medals are legit.

It's possible that Plumly has firsthand knowledge that Kerry is unfit, even though he can't cite one specific fact.
Quote:
Asked in an interview for examples, he said, "I can't give you exact specifics."

It's possible that Adm Hoffman has firsthand knowledge that Kerry scammed his medals, in contrast to Hoffman's positive Kerry writeups, and despite a recent contradictory statement .
Quote:
Hoffman acknowledged he had no first-hand knowledge to discredit Kerry's claims to valor and said that although Kerry was under his command, he really didn't know Kerry much personally.

It's possible that Adrian Lonsdale has firsthand knowledge that Kerry is unfit, despite statements to the contrary in 1998.
Quote:
[Kerry was] among the finest of those swift boat drivers

It's possible that Larry Thurlow, who claims that no shots were fired, yet won a bronze star himself in the same skirmish, is telling the truth.
Quote:
Lt. Larry Thurlow said Kerry also didn't rate the Bronze Star and a third Purple Heart for action at which he was present on March 13, 1969. Thurlow said the patrol never came under enemy fire, though he was awarded the Bronze Star for valor in the same incident.

It's possible that George Elliott didn't really say what the Boston Globe reports him to have said.
Quote:
It was a terrible mistake probably for me to sign the affidavit with those words, I'm the one in trouble here. I knew it was wrong.

It's possible that the swifty allegations are true, despite that they waited 35 years to make them, and despite that they kept silent during Kerry's 3 (4?) senate elections, and even kept silent up until the moment he was nominated. (Correction: Some of the swifties weren't silent during Kerry's sentate elections -- they spoke out in support of Kerry.)

It's possible that the many swifties who completely lack first hand knowledge about Kerry's service (not on Kerry's boat, not even on the same missions), yet now proclaim him unfit, possess special inside knowledge unavailable to the general public.

It's possible that Dr Letson treated Kerry, even though he is not the doctor of record.

It's possible that the medal-scamming allegations are true despite there being zero pre-nomination written corroboration -- no memos, no complaints, no letters home, nothing.

It's possible that Kerry's service records are all incorrect.

It's possible that all of the men on Kerry's boat are lying.

Lots of things are possible.
mtboone
Founder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 1:28 am    Post subject: Lots of things are possible. Reply with quote

Yes and you are good cut and paste snippets which are just part of what was said. But, you being a troll would know that.
Marine4life
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anything is possible except Kerry signing standard form 180. Have your man open up his records and let all your theories shine. You can prove once and for all who is lying if he opens up all of his records to the public. Otherwise you are trolling and he is once again scamming America. Semper Fi.
varwoche
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 1:35 am    Post subject: Re: Lots of things are possible. Reply with quote

mtboone wrote:

Yes and you are good cut and paste snippets which are just part of what was said. But, you being a troll would know that.

Lack of response to specifics noted.
varwoche
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marine4life wrote:
Anything is possible except Kerry signing standard form 180. Have your man open up his records and let all your theories shine. You can prove once and for all who is lying if he opens up all of his records to the public. Otherwise you are trolling and he is once again scamming America. Semper Fi.

My man? I think he's an ass.
Scott
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "written record" that might contradict the Swiftvets is Kerry's military file. To date, he has not seen fit to provide the American people with a full accounting of his military record in Vietnam, even though he has made it the centerpiece of his candidacy.

varwoche, you can leave the innuendo to the professional spinners. There's no need for it here.
varwoche
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott wrote:
The "written record" that might contradict the Swiftvets is Kerry's military file. To date, he has not seen fit to provide the American people with a full accounting of his military record in Vietnam, even though he has made it the centerpiece of his candidacy.

Can you please tell me what records Kerry failed to include here (honest question):

http://www.johnkerry.com/about/john_kerry/military_records.html
mtboone
Founder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's possible that the swifty allegations are true, despite that they waited 35 years to make them, and despite that they kept silent during Kerry's 3 (4?) senate elections, and even kept silent up until the moment he was nominated. (Correction: Some of the swifties weren't silent during Kerry's sentate elections -- they spoke out in support of Kerry.)

O'Neill spoke out against Kerry in 71 and his run for the state Senate in his home state was not our problem. Trying to be President is a problem every one should be aware about. To my knowledge he never used his VN experience to promote his run for Senate but he was involved in VVAW, meeting with representatives of the North Vietnam and the VC in Paris of 1970 with no one there from South Vietnam or the US. If being in Cambodia is so seared in his mind on 12/24/68, how did he wind up at a completely different base? He did go before Congress in 1970 and talk about incidents that were told to him by members of the VVAW who are now known that they were never in VN or in the military and these are his truths, so I guess anything is possible.
Scott

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For starters, he has not published all of his fitness reports (fitreps). There are periods of time not accounted for in his published ones, and the Navy requires that all service time be covered.

Others with more experience may be able to tell you more.
varwoche
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mtboone wrote:
O'Neill spoke out against Kerry in 71 and his run for the state Senate in his home state was not our problem. Trying to be President is a problem every one should be aware about. To my knowledge he never used his VN experience to promote his run for Senate but he was involved in VVAW, meeting with representatives of the North Vietnam and the VC in Paris of 1970 with no one there from South Vietnam or the US. If being in Cambodia is so seared in his mind on 12/24/68, how did he wind up at a completely different base? He did go before Congress in 1970 and talk about incidents that were told to him by members of the VVAW who are now known that they were never in VN or in the military and these are his truths, so I guess anything is possible.

1) True, O'Neill spoke out in '71, but that was about Kerry's post Vietnam anti-war position, not his service record. My bone of contention with the swifties is the retroactive attack on Kerry's service record.

2) Re Cambodia etc: I acknowledge that Kerry has made many lame-ass statements that should be explained, though I'm not holding my breath.
Scott

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

varwoche wrote:
2) Re Cambodia etc: I acknowledge that Kerry has made many lame-ass statements that should be explained, though I'm not holding my breath.

His statements about "Christmas in Cambodia" weren't lame - they were lies, intended to discredit the Nixon administration and paint a picture of Presidential unaccountability in an illegal war.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There have been many discussions about what MAY be included in Kerry's record that he refuses to release. Look them up.

You can believe anything you want to believe about what Kerry might have said.

If you can chalk it up to "lame-ass" or "silly," then you have a stronger stomach than I. You can believe that none of it had a specific purpose, if you want to.

But, do not for a second believe that your little charade is playing here. Wink
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
My bone of contention with the swifties is the retroactive attack on Kerry's service record.

I fail to see why this would be any bone of contention. Some have been speaking out against Kerry for a very long time, however, no one was listening. Now that it has more public knowledge, it's "retroactive?"

You also have to consider that Kerry was pretty much a nobody, even with 19 years in the Senate. I don't believe any of these guys live in Massachussetts, therefore, kerry in office has no impact on them. Now that he has the nomination for President, his worthiness is everyone's business.

May I also inquire if you held any similar "bone of contention" when in 2000, at the final moments, it was announced one of the candidates had a DUI from long ago and he was accused of that, "retroactively?" Does the constant mention of another candidates service status also bring a "bone of contention" in you, since it too is "retroactive?"

If, one candidate makes a 4 month tour of combat the central focus of his campaign, why have any "bone of contention" when that "tour" is questioned by others who were actually there?
mtboone
Founder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 2:46 am    Post subject: Any thing is possible. Reply with quote

1) True, O'Neill spoke out in '71, but that was about Kerry's post Vietnam anti-war position, not his service record. My bone of contention with the swifties is the retroactive attack on Kerry's service record.

Why did you just blow off his meeting with the NVA Government and the VC and his actions before Congress? I did not serve with jfk, I was up in Qui Nhon before Kerry got in country and after he left. I am sure with your knowledge to find this site, you could converse with the men that served with him. What also bothers me, I served on 4 crews during my year there and you do not get that tight with officers as a rule. On patrol you are doing your job, sleeping but not discussing your life with your boat officer. When you came back off of patrol, he went to O country and we hit the E club. You did not sit around swapping stories. Now he had at least three crews in 4 months and 12 days at three different bases, how close can they have gotten? Did you serve in the Military?
4moreyears
Former Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LewWaters

Good post, on point
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: